Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: First Draw of the Season

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash

First Draw of the Season

Associates did well to draw 14 all with Palmyra tonight, in a tight game in which neither side gave an inch in defence.

Palmyra showed how much they rely on the leadership and inspiration of their captain Joe Savage, and while they fielded a purely club side they more than matched it with a star studded Soaks outfit, boasting Zac Holmes, Justin Bieber, Haylett Petty, Phoenix Batty and the standout Spirit champion, Rovira.

Play of the day was the camaraderie between the referee, the Associates supporters, and the pre game kiss between the Referee and the Soaks matron. Not a good look for the Pally supporters, but you get used to this kind of frog shit.

The chicken and chilli rolls after the game were excellent.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Wests were very lucky to escape with their unbeaten record intact after the Roodogs gave them a massive scare last night. The roodogs led 13-zip after 10 minutes and hung tough all night. The Boars clawed their way back and the Dogs leaked a couple of soft late tries to blow it out and Wests got home 32-21.
    The player of the day for my money anyway was Roodogs openside Jarred Rees who continuously turned over ball all night at the breakdown.
    An enjoyable way to spend a Friday night and just a shame a few more supporters don't embrace it.
    My picks for the rest of the weekend are Paly and Soaks to fight out a close one, too close to call so I predict a draw.
    Bros to give Cott a real run for their money and if they can learn to start playing for 80 minutes are in with a big show. Won't be the massive upset everyone is predicting if the fiddle players win by a few. The sound of deliverance could very well be resonating around the hallowed field of Harvey field and if you look closely you may even detect Chooks feet doing a slight shuffle.
    Will be a dark day for anyone with an interest in club rugby when Neddies go close to racking up a ton against a struggling Baysie.
    Kala to destroy the scarf draggers out wide if they can gain any sort of parity in their set piece.
    We don't need this weeks club pre match thread turning to absolute shit like last week.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by westies man; 09-05-15 at 08:08.
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Champion
    vCash
    Phoenix Battye?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    So the story goes ....

And if it wasn't him, it was someone just as good ...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    Play of the day was the camaraderie between the referee, the Associates supporters, and the pre game kiss between the Referee and the Soaks matron. Not a good look for the Pally supporters, but you get used to this kind of frog shit.
    No no no; that will never do

A match official being welcomed by a club - what's that all about?

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    So the story goes ....

And if it wasn't him, it was someone just as good ...
    So did you see him or were the rolls to much of a drawcard to distract you?

vCash
    It's not what you do, it's the way that you do it ....

To be fair, the child ref appeared more embarrassed than the crowd watching it.

vCash
    Well you see, there was this huge guy on the field who wasn't doing much, and didn't know much of what he was doing, and someone yelled out "he's batty" so I thought ....

No, the rolls were AFTER the match.

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
    No no no; that will never do

A match official being welcomed by a club - what's that all about?
    I'm with you Ecky,all match officials should be welcomed in a courteous friendly manner. At Wests we normally do it with a handshake but if it's a kiss you're after I'll see what I can come up with.

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    If you've never kissed me before then there's no need to kiss me the next time we see each other. A drink and/or snack will be fine, thanks (I was disappointed Stopsy wasn't trained to just hand over a sausage sizzle last time I was there...)

vCash
    Zach Holmes = deadset plodder.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    expand

Champion
    vCash
    Chook's feet are now in full on breakdance mode to the sounds of deliverance after Bros nailed the kick from the sideline on fulltime to win 18 -17.Uni won 36-26 over Kala and my spy from the Foreshore at halftime was 46-6. Westie Man calls it right yet again. Does anyone know who is top of the ladder anyway and who has that big cup cos we want it.

vCash
    UWA 36-26 Kalamunda

Kalamunda started this match very quickly putting 2 tries onthe board in the first 10mins racing to a 12-0 lead. This had Uni on the back foot early but this also served to awaken the defending champs who hit back with 2 tries of their own to take back the lead 14-12. A cracking match was in the making with both teams hell bent on attacking from everywhere. The only problem was the 3 referees were not in the same spirit as the teams with the game quickly being bogged down by inconsistent decision making by the young officials. Hopefully they review the video and take something out of the experience. Back to the rugby though, Kalamunda then gave away 3 very kickable penalties to he of the younger brothers very tiny shorts. Thats one way to scare a heterosexual man from tackling you. One of the more bizarre decisions by the ref was to yellow card the Kalamunda winger after he had 3 Uni players punch him on the ground in back play. This also handed Uni one of the penalties kicked by the 1970s AFL shorts wearing one. Another yellow card was brandished by the young official after the Kalamunda hooker was rolling away from the ruck and got a very crude forearm and shoulder to the head to which he took offense and lashed out inself defense. This left Kalamunda with 13 men on the field for a short period either side of halftime. One of Kalamundas better tries was scored through the grubber put in by the Kalamunda centre for the fullback to run on to untouched. Uni kept plugging away to eventually get the better of Kalamunda with a late try to the halfback from a quick snipe from 1 metre out to seal the 10 point win.

Kala got up in 2nds, 3rds and 4ths while Uni were able to scrape past a very young kala U/19s 27-19. A very good effort from a kalamunda team made up of mainly 16 and 17 year olds.

There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count and those that can't

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
    If you've never kissed me before then there's no need to kiss me the next time we see each other. A drink and/or snack will be fine, thanks (I was disappointed Stopsy wasn't trained to just hand over a sausage sizzle last time I was there...)
    UPDATE:
    I got my kiss yesterday - both before and after the match. She has kissed me before so it was fine.
    AND I got a drink and hot dog.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast