Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 9...... 9 on the trott, how does one stop the f%#king rot?

vCash
    If I could change just one thing in our history, it would be keeping Brock James or recruiting someone similar. 20/20 hindsight, I know. But the lack of a steady, competant game manager there has been the perennial chink in our armour.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by agrugger View Post
    And to me the biggest difference between this year and last year has been Sias' kicking (even though I don't like the style at all). Last year he was very precise with his position kicks, and made the penalty and conversions at a high rate. This year, he and Burton have not.
    It's time to cut the losses with Sias. He's adding ZERO to the team. While there's much to criticize about the team overall, there's nothing worse than someone aimlessly kicking the ball away at every turn. Enough is enough. Say what you want about Zack Holmes, but at least he's not handing the opposition the ball on a silver platter on a regular basis.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    ......and Gloucester just won themselves some European silverware this weekend!!

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    I nominate Bronski Beat (the TWF poster not the "band") to take over from Foley #PutUpOrSTFU

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueandblack View Post
    I nominate Bronski Beat (the TWF poster not the "band") to take over from Foley #PutUpOrSTFU

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    So whilst we're talking about coaches. Does anyone remember when Cheika was touted & almost in for us?

Why did he reneg? Anyone know?

Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WFDom View Post

He might be the only person who knows. But he's a Sydney/Randwick/Rabbitohs boy who is a successful business man. He probably quickly worked out that the odds are stacked against success in The West. Didn't "need" a Super Rugby coaching gig to feed the family so he took the surest way to his coaching goal. Got there sooner than he'd planned too.

vCash
    Reckon some serious shit might be hitting the fan at Force HQ tomorrow? Bloody hope so!

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Calzy View Post
    What we need is a club clean out, Bring some different coaches in some more money to attracted some high rated players. I don't think that we can blame Foley he's one of the best thing that happen to us.
    A cleanout like when RG came in? or when he left? Look what happened when Phil Blake took over, that was a horrible year.

Foley and Sinderberry cleaned out the place and 2013,14 were positive.

People complain about the game plan, but consider how simple it has been yet the players have struggled to execute I.e sias and kicking out on the full, 17 phases going nowhere. As a coach what do you do, you cant sack them mid season.

My main complaint about the coaching is not pulling non-performing players quick enough whether during the game or for the next. Players might need a bit of hard love now.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Totally agree Daz Foley won't make the hard decisions during the game. Badger was having a barry, Sias kicking way too much and hopeless in cover defence & Morahan yet again way too soft and out of possie way too much in defence. Sheep hook them earlier in the game. Funny how the ref found 5 penalties against the blues in the last 10 minutes. I still don't think its a coincidence that when Nick Briant has some thing to do with officiating our games we get done over. It's time Foley stopped talking garbage and give the press some stick about the shit we are dishing up and the refs dishing up shit to us as well.

Senior Player
    vCash
    As for the waratahs next week i'm not holding out much hope.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WFDom View Post
    So whilst we're talking about coaches. Does anyone remember when Cheika was touted & almost in for us?

I remember when he was on the verge of signing he was the messiah, he chose the Waratahs and he's apparently s*%t now - we're lucky we didn't get him right?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by boof1050 View Post
    As for the waratahs next week i'm not holding out much hope.
    I wonder whether we'll win a game for the rest of the season at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralto View Post
    I remember when he was on the verge of signing he was the messiah, he chose the Waratahs and he's apparently s*%t now - we're lucky we didn't get him right?
    I dunno, the Waratahs have a Super Rugby trophy in their cabinet and are starting to look like they could win another one (maybe)

I know he had unlimited funds to buy it, but he still picked the right blokes!

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DazloT View Post
    People complain about the game plan, but consider how simple it has been yet the players have struggled to execute...
    My main complaint about the coaching is not pulling non-performing players quick enough whether during the game or for the next.
    This season there have been numerous instances where players can't, don't, or wont follow the plan.
    Foley is a good man, he is pretty forgiving, and watches his words post match in order to keep the players faith.
    While this is not a failing, I feel some of the players hear post match interviews they are interpreting as absolution.
    Foley needs to skin his list, and the Force A list, there are some continual non-performers there.
    Promote another three or four from the Force A, and use the funds saved to bring in useful players.
    It's a team game, and constantly expecting "The Coach", "The Badger", "DHP", "The Ref" to be the answer
    ignores the fact that the squad has skill, execution, and mostly mental shortcomings that are mostly
    solved by one person, and that's an internal journey. David Carradine walks over a sandhill, cue flute music.

vCash
    Ahh, grasshopper...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast