Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: ELITE GROUP OF OVERSEAS-BASED PLAYERS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR QANTAS WALLABIES

vCash
    At first blush this seems to be a good compromise but I guess time will tell.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Interesting. So does that mean they can be named whether they are interested in playing or not, and their clubs then forced to stand them down even if you weren't planning to pick them? Could be an interesting way to push them into returning to Australia.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    Interesting. So does that mean they can be named whether they are interested in playing or not, and their clubs then forced to stand them down even if you weren't planning to pick them? Could be an interesting way to push them into returning to Australia.
    If they're not interested they can't be forced - that's why you sometimes see French-based players mysteriously retiring from international rugby before World Cups.

vCash
    Thought something was going on when Gits was suddenly in hometown for some treatment after making comments about always having wanted to play for the Wallabies again. He was hard done by with Dean's but at the same time I remember he did himself no favours at the time - he went off his game, got a big head and attitude (gee who does that remind me of) and didn't get on with Deans. Also I seem to recall that Quade was becoming flavour of the month as the favoured 10 at that point. Gotta admit that Gits pissed me of at that time (remembering his famous smirk at the missed conversion) And now he's turned it all around and he's learnt life's little humility lessons, is playing brilliantly so reckon the announcement on his spot is already a done deal. Also bit of a coincidence that Quade has just signed up with with Toulon? A sweetening deal maybe to keep Toulon happy loaning out their million dollar baby and get some payoff? - The plot thickens! Would luv to see Gits back in the jersey!

vCash
    The thing with Quade which makes things interesting he is 7 tests short of quilifying and considering his injury status of Late he may struggle to get those 7 before (if) he heads north

“Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

vCash
    Which franchise do you think Giteau would return to Val? I'd be happy if he became our new 10 next season!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Which franchise do you think Giteau would return to Val? I'd be happy if he became our new 10 next season!
    We could only dream on! Way too far a bridge that one I think! He'd be a Brumbies man wouldn't he - I thought that's where he wanted to be. Anyhoo - how could the Force afford the million dollar baby and no way ARU would allow a golden boy to come West, more likely be a fast track to the Tahs!

vCash
    While I would like to see Gits here if he really has turned himself around, I'm sure a lot of Force fans have long memories and may not be as welcoming.

Hell, I want him in the Wallaby squad and yet still have reservations about him playing here.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by todd4 View Post
    3 posts in 8 years..

A man of few words
    Nice one Todd that will motivate me to contribute a bit more

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    no way ARU would allow a golden boy to come West
    Don't tell the ARU he played for the Force before then.

Git's might get told off by Rugbyfuhrer Pulver...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yungfen View Post
    Nice one Todd that will motivate me to contribute a bit more
    And why not contribute more often? a forum like this only gets stronger with plenty of people expressing an opinion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    we desperately need a quality and experienced fly half - personally I would love to see him back in the Force ....IF..... we were certain he wouldn't be a negative influence. I know there was a lot of negativity around him leaving, however, we shouldn't forget that a key sponsor did the wrong thing by him and the coach we had at the time certainly didnt seem to help team harmony much.

PS did I mention we desperately need a quality and experienced 10 to run our backline attacks!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macattack View Post
    we desperately need a quality and experienced fly half - personally I would love to see him back in the Force ....IF..... we were certain he wouldn't be a negative influence. I know there was a lot of negativity around him leaving, however, we shouldn't forget that a key sponsor did the wrong thing by him and the coach we had at the time certainly didnt seem to help team harmony much.

PS did I mention we desperately need a quality and experienced 10 to run our backline attacks!
    Yeah I think things have changed since he was last here and he has matured too since having kids! If he were to come back he would be such a great mentor for Zack I reckon too.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beige View Post
    At first blush this seems to be a good compromise but I guess time will tell.
    First step towards Super Rugby becoming the A-League.

Senior Player
    vCash
    The ARU will change this in time to 50 tests, and then 40, and then.....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast