Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: NEW INITIATIVES MARK START OF PINDAN PREMIER GRADE

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by That guy View Post
    Wannaroo flew the guy, housed him and got him work, he approached another club and agreed to play after training and taking on the contract... he then calls friday saying thanks but no thanks and appears in a Neddies Jersey....
    To be honest the comp can do with out these types, however they will alway look out for their own interests until there is a governing body and mandate to stop it.
    This is not the 1st time it has happened and won't be the last. You recruit a player from overseas and you make sure all the relevant paperwork is in place. My understanding is that a signed registration form gives you quite a strong hold on a player. One of the posts I read said he had been training with Wanneroo for a couple of weeks, why wasn't he signed up?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    In my experience most clubs contact each other when a player wants to move clubs, everybody knows somebody and officially or unofficially there is always open communication . Not too sure what happened here but do know that solid rugby guys like Dave McKnight who has been up at Wanneroo cant have been aware of this or he wouldn't have let this happen.
    Spare a thought for the Roodogs ,your one import who you have bent over backwards for thinks that he's too good to play with a bunch of young developing players and shoots through.
    should be told to get on your bike ,don't come over here and disrespect the local comp and people like Gibbo who has spent countless hours trying to improve the standard of community rugby.
    Pretty sure Neddies will deal with this in the appropriate manner.
    Ahh, there is the typical response, it was his fault the player in this case, and poor wanneroo, poor neddies.
    Yes feel for wanneroo, wanneroos plight goes back several years not last year or this year.
    But to paint neddies as the victim in this as well, i would say is drawing a very long bow.
    Maybe the player has been used in this as well?

If we didn't have people and clubs operating in this way and a system with a governing body that has allowed it, not only allowed but has one of the executive publicly endorsing it.
    I would ask you, could this player have been able to, in the space of one day move clubs, be re- register with another club and be playing for that club two days later.

So is the quote "slimey maggot arse wipes" should that apply to the players taking advantage or some clubs and people operating, talking and being the enablers for this to carry on.
    Maybe we or some of the we are the "slimey maggot arse wipes" have we thought of it that way?

vCash
    No they wont. Nedlands will throw cash at this guy and promise the world as always. I just love watching them squirm to a self justification after just over a month ago they tried to rip my post to shreds about this exact situation being embedded in Nedlands culture.
    On a side note, as a rugbywa board member who is trying to clean up the whole poaching saga, Hansie has made a bit of a mistake by weighing in on the issue. The RugbyWa board is there to represent all clubs including Wanneroo. For a board member to weigh into a conversation on a public forum with words to the effect of 'nah nah nah nah nah too bad' (said as the shave and a haircut two cents tune) and 'my club did nothing wrong' is totally against what the governing body stands for.
    This is the exact situation i was speaking about just over a month ago. This is where RugbyWa needs to really focus on cleaning up the club scene and competion. Bring back the level playing field. Bring back a fair go for all. Bring back a competitive competition devoid of rich power clubs raping the vulnerable. Bring back respect off the field towards one another. Bring back the vibrant culture rugby in Perth used to have.

There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count and those that can't

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by choice View Post
    This is not the 1st time it has happened and won't be the last. You recruit a player from overseas and you make sure all the relevant paperwork is in place. My understanding is that a signed registration form gives you quite a strong hold on a player. One of the posts I read said he had been training with Wanneroo for a couple of weeks, why wasn't he signed up?
    This post is a great insight into the lack of ethics Nedlands currently possess.

There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count and those that can't

Red Carded
    vCash
    Hansie crawl out of your hole and resign form rugby WA now , your morals and integrity are as low as the Essendon rats who led there players in too there drug scandal then hid as if nothing happened . Not to ring Wanneroo and at least give them the warning that this player is sniffing around is low as Richard Graham leaving the force in the shit , hope this back fires on you as it did to him . TIME TO RESIGN HANSIE .

Rookie
    vCash
    To me if Wanneroo have flown a player over, organized a job, accommodation and the player has been attending training that shows INTENT.
    Wanneroo intended that the player was going to play for them.
    The player intended to play for Wanneroo.

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NTT View Post
    This post is a great insight into the lack of ethics Nedlands currently possess.
    I think you confuse ethics with opportunity. I as most others don't know the full story but if I good player rocks up to your club and tells you he is not happy where he is do you send him back. It is your job to make sure he is looked after, you talk about Nedlands but I can tell stories of your club dating back to the 70's where you ignored players and then wondered why they left.

vCash
    if I good player rocks up to your club and tells you he is not happy where he is do you send him back.
    I would think any smart man manager would want to know why he isn't happy where he came from. Maybe he isn't happy because he's an antisocial arse who will never be happy anywhere.....do you want him? really?

C'mon the

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I would think any smart man manager would want to know why he isn't happy where he came from. Maybe he isn't happy because he's an antisocial arse who will never be happy anywhere.....do you want him? really?
    Apparently he comes from ITM cup rugby somewhere in NZ, so I don't think being anti-social is the problem. Maybe he was painted a false picture about the club?

vCash
    I'd be looking to get my money back.

vCash
    We (Wanneroo) were probably a tad naive in not drawing up a contract and simply relying on someones ethics to not jump ship. We've been stung in the past by this, as have other clubs so we should know better. Expensive lesson learned, we'll be (hopefully) drawing up contracts from now on. I'm guessing if there is a contract in place, RWA would ensure crap like this wouldn't happen?

Red Carded
    vCash
    Apparently he comes from ITM cup rugby somewhere in NZ, so I don't think being anti-social is the problem. Maybe he was painted a false picture about the club?
    Tale your blue blinkers off
    Nedlands have crossed the line
    If the player was from that level of rugby there would have bee someone who knew of him at the club
    A player of this quality doesn't walk in of the street which would make any club person think there is something a miss
    If the player didn't do his homework on wanneroo is the club at any more fault for not signing his rego
    Put your blue super man suit on and believe neddies are the saviour of our rugby community

Rookie
    vCash
    Lewis Marshall. Manawatu ITM Cup Fullback.

vCash
    I think you confuse ethics with opportunity. I as most others don't know the full story but if I good player rocks up to your club and tells you he is not happy where he is do you send him back. It is your job to make sure he is looked after, you talk about Nedlands but I can tell stories of your club dating back to the 70's where you ignored players and then wondered why they left.
    Nedlands took the opportunity to screw over Wanneroo in an unethical manner. Thats where the issue is. This isnt about a player looking for opportunity, it is about Wanneroo suffering financially for Nedlands gain. This is about Wanneroo being kicked while they are down. This is about Wanneroos competitiveness and future viability. This is about the governing body saying that they are going to stamp out the poaching endemic only for a Nedlands representative to the board then endorsing this behaviour. This is about an opportunity for Nedlands to do something ethical for the good of the game. This about looking after the interests of the entire competition not just one club trying to ruin another club with shady back door dealings and goings on.

No one seems to recognise the collateral damage done by such actions. Wanneroo are not a Nedlands feeder club and should not be out of pocket to the benefit of other clubs.

vCash
    So:
    Hansie can only post in here as an office-bearer of RugbyWA? He can't post in any other capacity?

I had better declare my interest. I am an active referee in the local Perth community rugby. I am a passionate supporter. I am a rugby tragic. That's it! Oh: I played for Uni back in the day, and WAIT (before it became Curtin) in the day before Uni. I have no allegiance to either club if I happen to referee them. No-one I played with still plays, although I still see some of them on the sideline. I don't have an opinion on how either clubs plays, coaches or recruits. I have an opinion on their hospitality for referees.

If I choose to post in this forum, it might not always be in my capacity as a referee. It might be as a supporter or just as a person interested in rugby. Or it might be to reply to some other post; sometimes as a legitimate comment to contribute to the subject, and sometimes to post something that I think is witty, funny and/or terribly clever.

I expect to see others posting their views and that they will usually be laced with their particular loyalty from suburban clubland or provincial/country. I read their posts taking this into account. I understand that Kiwis are better at rugby than cricket, and vice versa for Aussies.

Anyway,

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast