Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Force v Rebels - Round 5

vCash
    Cronulla v Brisbane down in the shire is the same skill level as the Force...shite

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Controversy corner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    10 years! Will ther be an eleventh? I'm really starting to think this may be the end until the next home game of course.
    God it's hard being a Force fan!
    On top of all the other problems already mentioned the bloody scrums are totaly f@cked! I was hoping for injuries so we could go to uncontested scrums.
    We have been uncontesting most of our scrums this year!!!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

vCash
    I'm struggling to find reasons to pay a membership for next year and it's only round 5

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Messup View Post
    they are all playing out of position and the result is a clusterfuck. Its ok to use locals if they are good enough...you work it out.
    Junior all of a sudden thinks he's Campo. F@ck the goose step run hard at 'em. Burton looks promising. Holmes' first instinct is to run. I like that. With Godwin that makes 3 ball players. I'm still unsure what is the best combination for them. But I'm over Ebersohn. Bad as it was they still could have pinched it till he kicked the game into touch on the full.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Senior Player
    vCash
    Well i think its safe to say our season is done. We are making up the numbers.
    1. Mr Foley if a player or players is not performing sheep hook them earlier not at the 65th minute of the game when we're chasing our ass. If the guys on the bench are good enough to be there let em have a good dash.
    2. Kyle Godwin is not a centres asshole!! Its no coincidence that he looks like 2 dads after he spent time with the clown up north in the summer.
    3. Sorry about the language if i offend anyone but stop kicking the FUCKING BALL. Go to the dockers or eagles if you want to kick.
    Sam Wykes has to be benched from skipper. Too many times i've noticed Alby want to take a quikkie from a penalty and stop too wait for a decision that takes too long.
    4. We're too bloody soft.
    5. About bloody time we used the wingers more often. FARK we have gone back to the RG days.
    On a positive note geez i got a good photo of my young fella with Pek and Tet. It was my young blokes first force game.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Sorry Shasta, to my eyes the prior Ebersohn partnership was much better than the Mathewson Holmes partnership. Perhaps it was Ian Prior spinning 30m bullets off the deck and in front of the man that made it look good, but I liked it.

Junior needs to be shot, he's a horse. With a broken leg.

Kyle needs to be benched until he promises never to play rugby like James O'Connor again, only then will our wingers see some footy.

Kyle is no 13, he might not even be a 12 at this stage, but at least at 12 the 10 can cut him out.

C'mon the

Apprentice
    vCash
    Speaking of scrums, why was Higginbotham not penalised on a couple of occasions towards the end of the game, dropping the bind on his left arm and reaching through in front of his locks feet to drag the ball back with his hand - could have given the Force some more points. Also the Force should have taken points on offer through penalties because they did no good with a kick to touch and attempts at a rolling maul and were embarrassingly outmuscled on a couple of occasions by the visitors. The Rebels were smarter in their breakdown work, and the Force needs to learn how to offload in contact rather than just stick their heads down and try to endlessly recycle ball with no major yardage gain.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Maybe we all need to stop panicking. Yes they're not faring as well as we hoped so far but there's still a way to go and with missing players the combos haven't gelled yet. Perhaps at this point in time we need to support them (just like we always do) and suck it up and create the belief! Especially noted tonight Brache and Mitchell helping gee up the guys before scrims and such. Haven't seen much of that since last season and respected the effort. Also loved Chris revving up the crowd at the end!

Player
    vCash
    Kyle needs to get tackled. He seems scared to get tackled on the sideline and grubbers it. Twice in the last two games he has done it on full time and fucked us. His bloody panic station is to grubber, Foley needs to pull him and teach him a lesson.

Rosolea needs to forget stepping, he is not a Kiwi. Straight and hard.

Mitchell Scott needs to start.

Holmes needs to stop going sideways first and take the line on.

Tonight's reserves needs to start next week, they showed the mongrel we expect.

Unfortunately the backline looked better with Sias, when he didn't kick.

Rohan Hoffman needs to go back to Portugal and start referring soccer.

vCash
    Godwin is class. He's playing out of position but he is a class player. He's getting the ball too late and at a standstill most times. The other coaches see it. That is why he is so cllosely marked and getting smashed.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    I'm glad we lost. To have come out of that game with a win would have just papered over the huge cracks that have appeared. We didn't even deserve a BP.

Sam Wykes is not the man to lead us out of this hole. I'm fu@kin over him. Junior & Wykes out next week pls. Brache in to 13, Mozza back on the wing.

Burton tried his heart out tonight... well done young man

Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Val love your enthusiasm and loyalty but we as a club are a gonna if we don't start to wake up and make some hard decisions. How can we expect to gain crowd, coin from sponsors and keep members and players when we play so shit consistently.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dom15 View Post
    why was Higginbotham not penalised on a couple of occasions towards the end of the game, dropping the bind on his left arm and reaching through in front of his locks feet to drag the ball back with his hand
    number 8 is permitted to drop his bind and pick the ball up, it's part of the laws, he is eligible to be tackled as soon as he has possession, Alby needs to see it, anticipate it and wrap the ball up, so that our backrowers have time to come and smash him. Their 9 was usually a meter or two out looking for the pass, so there was room for Alby to have a crack, but it's not easy, since he has to keep behind the ball to do it, their halfback can slip around the 8s feet and stand on the other side, where Alby needs to retreat behind our scrum to swap sides.

C'mon the

Senior Player
    vCash
    Shasta are you KG's mum or sister? Next time your buttering his toast can you please ask him to not try to chip or grubber kick the ball and pass it to the kind honey badger on the outside who can then teach him how to use it wisely.

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Godwin is class. He's playing out of position but he is a class player. He's getting the ball too late and at a standstill most times. The other coaches see it. That is why he is so cllosely marked and getting smashed.
    I cant agree that being out of position is the reason, seems to have hast lost his way and confidence. In space he has been grubbering the ball, only in the last twenty tonight did he take the line on out wide. Except for that last bloody play.

When was the last time he ran too the line and offloaded. Why kick instead of passing to you winger.

Even with the change in position he seems off his game

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast