Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Other games this weekend

Veteran
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Yep. Was nice to see the knobs at Rugby HQ acknowledge that and do a short analysis about how the attacking dynamic is changed by playing Godwin in position. I had given up watching and was recording to skim thru all the sycophantiic bullshit a couple days later. Maybe I'll give them another chance now. Jo's e mail bombing might be getting some response.
    I keep seeing people say godwin was playin in position - i thought that lacey played twelve and godwin 13, which means he isnt in position.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I think he was playing his genuine game though Palitu. Running the ball straight and using his power and balance to break the line.

I think he's a better 12 than 13, but at least they were using him for what he's good at.

Previously, he'd still run the crash ball, but it was wider, well behind the gain line and without support, he was being monstered every time.

The addition of a smart stepping 12 has put enough doubt in the mind of the opposition to give Kyle some space, in turn, the effectiveness of his straight running makes room for the 12 to use footwork to beat the line.

Hope it improves tonight!

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    Hang onto him at least until the Force game! Have also read news that Brad Thorn may be joining Reds in Player/coaching role. WTF!!?
    As well as Wests, jeez he's a busy boy

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Why would you kick it into a sea of black jerseys?

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I think he was playing his genuine game though Palitu. Running the ball straight and using his power and balance to break the line.

I think he's a better 12 than 13, but at least they were using him for what he's good at.

Previously, he'd still run the crash ball, but it was wider, well behind the gain line and without support, he was being monstered every time.
    Yep. What I was referring to, Palitu, was Kafer's videos showing Godwin taking the passes at inside center when they are in the attacking half. Sometimes Godwin is also running an outside to inside line (sometimes recieving others he's the decoy) with Burton looping around.

Seems to be developing ok. On defense Kyle almost always plays at outside center. He's easily our best mid field defender.

Veteran
    vCash
    i see what you meant.

yep - run hard and fast at the opposition, get over the gain line and recycle quickly. Which gets me thinking - is it just me or is Prior ruck delivery a lot quicker than alby's? could be just that he has fresh legs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by palitu View Post
    i see what you meant.

yep - run hard and fast at the opposition, get over the gain line and recycle quickly. Which gets me thinking - is it just me or is Prior ruck delivery a lot quicker than alby's? could be just that he has fresh legs.
    Alby can look a little slow at times. It often seems that he has to continually tell support players where to set up though. Hence the farting around at the ruck.

For Kyle and Burton to really flourish a top class 10 is required. But I keep coming back to the thought that the best fly half option in the current squad could actually be one of those two.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Alby can look a little slow at times. It often seems that he has to continually tell support players where to set up though. Hence the farting around at the ruck.
    I wonder if that's that Alby wants to run set plays but Prior is happy to improvise play

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash

For Kyle and Burton to really flourish a top class 10 is required. But I keep coming back to the thought that the best fly half option in the current squad could actually be one of those two.
    Forgive my lack of knowledge but has Burton played flyhalf? He looks like he has the makings of a good one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by todd4 View Post
    Forgive my lack of knowledge but has Burton played flyhalf? He looks like he has the makings of a good one.
    Both he and Godwin have played Fly Half at Australian Schoolboys level.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    I wonder if that's that Alby wants to run set plays but Prior is happy to improvise play
    If Alby wants to run plays, and I've asked this before, has he had any fly-half experience?

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Anyone still wincing from the days of Subi, check the 'Canes game and see what they tolerate in a rugby mad country. While our view is certainly better now, still got to wonder whether the way we achieved it justified the supporter haemorrhage.

vCash
    Not sure what you're getting at but it seems strange that the capital city of a Rugby mad country, and one with a thriving A League franchise, would have such a substandard venue.

But with the way the Canes are travelling they probably don't care right now.

vCash
    Just looking through the squads for the Rabble v Reds. KHunt on the bench. Very much under the radar considering what he admitted. Do the ES powers-that-be have a Cone of Silence? It seems to work better than the one at Control HQ.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Doggies were ripped off Shasta? Thoughts?

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast