Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Baysie in trouble

Red Carded
    vCash

Baysie in trouble

Having a few ales with some baysie boys who tell me that the club is in trouble and needs more volunteers and committee members
    Also heard 1st grade players being surrounded by Chardonnay clubs in poaching frenzy particularly west looking to build depth and add to there stocks
    Hope rugby WA are helping the club as the game doesn't need to fall away any more and we know the outcome of a nine team prem comp
    Get of your arse Rugby Wa and stop the demise of the prem team and stop other clubs poaching them when they are most needed

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Red Carded
    vCash
    Westie man - a little disappointing to hear this

Rookie
    vCash
    Sad to hear. Laione has been training with Kala over the summer. And I bet Murph could almost start a bidding war in the western suburbs.

vCash
    Baysie needs to jettison their president. Fish rots from the head down. Laione hasnt been at kala training over the summer. Havent even seen him at kala yet.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count and those that can't

Apprentice
    vCash
    Yeah Baby, out of interest which of the Scotsmen at Wests was it trying to entice schoolboys - the short one who has been to most clubs in Perth, or the taller one who lead the exodus from Cott a few years ago?

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NTT View Post
    Baysie needs to jettison their president. Fish rots from the head down. Laione hasnt been at kala training over the summer. Havent even seen him at kala yet.
    You either haven't been to training or you are further out of the loop than you think, Laione has family that play for Kala and was training there before xmas, weather or not he turns out for them......??

Open season on Baysie's top players!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Neymar11 View Post
    You either haven't been to training or you are further out of the loop than you think, Laione has family that play for Kala and was training there before xmas, weather or not he turns out for them......??

Open season on Baysie's top players!!
    Have been at every training session for the last 3 and a half years, haven't seen Laione at any of them. Was rumoured to be heading our way but has not turned up to training yet.

There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count and those that can't

Player
    vCash
    As a Baysie member, this is gutting to hear.
    A pot of gold must have been found on the beach if whispers are to be believed.
    Hopefully the poached players actually get paid, but wouldn't want to be there if the existing players get paid less...
    Anyone know the phone number of a forensic accountant as I can't see that they need spend 100k on field maintenance.
    Good luck.

Champion
    vCash
    Very disappointing that you have chosen to air slanderous allegations in public Yeah Baby so I'll tell you what I know.
    We have had one Baysie 1st grader from last season Kiddo turn up to training as he lives 2 minutes from Bennett Park and I would be surprised if he plays 1st grade for us this season.
    Pugs rang Donny and told him of the situation straight away and whilst Donny was disappointed he understood the reason why.
    We had 2 lower grade Baysie players turn up last week and I personally rang Sam the next day and told him to pass it on to the hierarchy that they need to jump on this straight away.
    We have also been contacted by a high profile Baysie player who we will refuse to register as we realise the importance of Baysie remaining competitive in 1st grade.
    You talk about me PM you but if you had a grievance you could have just rang me instead of talking bullshit.
    You can delete my phone number because I've deleted yours.

Ps Why the fuck would you poach Soaks players

Last edited by westies man; 22-02-15 at 12:15.
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    OK, I know nothing about community rugby machinations anymore, nor do I have any vested interest in either club, so this comment is really delivered as a generalization and in part a question.

The typically unsaid point in all of this is that there are two reasons why a player will switch club allegiance.
    1 the new club offers them a better situation
    And
    2 the old club situation is not to their taste anymore.

The easy answer for the "old club" is to suggest that that "better situation" is as a result of financial inducements, however could it be that the culture and atmosphere at Baysie is driving players away?

After having some Barney's with Westie on this forum, I've found him to be a pretty straight shooter who knows most about what's going on at Wests. Sure he's (like any Kiwi) pretty quick to spark up if you attack his club, but his response wasn't typical of that sort of thing. I think he's telling the truth (maybe I should add as he knows it there).

C'mon the

Red Carded
    vCash
    2 seasons ago baysie had a youth policy and went through a tough season but had a good mixture of youth and a few old heads
    They were on the end of a couple of bad scores but from what I saw they were very competitive and had a good team moral and a never say die attitude
    These young men must have been local so no need for hefty subsides or imports to be paid
    From experience at that age you are more interested in your team and the coach to a certain extent than the internal goings on of the club
    If this group has fallen away from rugby it is a light on our game and the caretakers of it rugby WA
    The WAFAL have done something about the demise of there local game by supporting struggling clubs not penalising them
    The AFL does the same
    Why do we have an administration that lets clubs destroy each other from within and don't seem to support struggling clubs
    This is not a question of money but be seen and show an interest so the competition can remain vibrant and interesting to players supporters volunteers and sponsors
    The rugby community is full of good people willing to get behind there and clubs and assist others but we seem to bury our heads in the sand until it is to late
    Hope you baysie boys stick with your club

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I agree with much of what you're saying, and my experience is neither current or with 19s, but I know that when my lad was still playing juniors for Rocky they had trouble holding onto players after getting belted a couple of times in prems. Once that starts, it becomes a self-perpetuating cycle, awesome player A looks for a team where his talents will have greater effect. Average player B has a mate playing for that team, and a clear indication that his current team are going to get smacked even harder now that their best player is playing for the other blokes..... A is doing it, why not me?

Sometimes in juniors it can all be over petty stuff like giving a kid a training kit. It certainly gets tough once the club starts to struggle. Not to mention that any dissent within the club often results in some wanting to break away and make YET ANOTHER club in the local area, competing for talent and drawing players away from the original club. Sometimes this causes animosity and believe me that sort of animosity is a whole club thing.

Witness Rocko vs Mandurah or Rocko vs Mandurah for examples. Even though it makes sense for those three clubs to work together, since they're pretty much on each other's doorsteps, AFAIK, they still don't talk.

C'mon the

Player
    vCash
    NTT suggestions are to hold onto your players, with rumour of offers have been made to your players as well.

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeahbaby7 View Post
    The fact is that Wests have been poaching a lot this season, more than most. Westie care to shed some light on what's going on down there? You have Puggsy in overdrive and also a Scotsman also in a frenzy trying to poach colts. Rumour has it he's boasting to players down at school boy trials about the high level players he managed to poach from other clubs in a vain attempt to poach more players. In box me if you want specific details. It's pretty ordinary to say the least! I know your personal feelings about this but the club you love so much seems to be employing quite grubby tactics. Soaks will be able to back this up if what I've heard pans out.

The wee Scotsman should get himself down to UWA and do a bit of poaching there. They will no doubt probably have more than enough to field two Under 19's teams. They are certainly right up there when it comes to out and out poaching.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Witness Rocko vs Mandurah or Rocko vs Mandurah for examples. Even though it makes sense for those three clubs to work together, since they're pretty much on each other's doorsteps, AFAIK, they still don't talk.
    Rocko vs Mandurah, so bad, Gigs listed it twice.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast