Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Baysie in trouble

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NTT View Post
    Baysie needs to jettison their president. Fish rots from the head down. Laione hasnt been at kala training over the summer. Havent even seen him at kala yet.
    Hear hear, hic

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Daily View Post
    I believe he was coaching kids down there last season, but something must have happened because he then appeared at Wests.....
    That always had the potential to end badly, where Joondalup and Wests entered a joint youth team in 2014. Player destination the following season was going to be interesting, when they had a choice Wests, or Brothers. As for the Caledonian, rightly or wrongly he has an axe to grind with Brothers, and I think it was a bit naive not to expect him to be mischevious at best when it came to self preservation time, he's got form.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    yep,this is the time of year to allege all sorts of skullduggery--without backing them up with facts
    It's the way we know a new season is just around the corner.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Forceable View Post
    The wee Scotsman should get himself down to UWA and do a bit of poaching there. They will no doubt probably have more than enough to field two Under 19's teams. They are certainly right up there when it comes to out and out poaching.
    UWA should move to being a closed club, for full time students only.
    This may just serve to spread others around the golden corridor but some may drift further ...

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev View Post
    UWA should move to being a closed club, for full time students only.
    This may just serve to spread others around the golden corridor but some may drift further ...
    Where would they get pre Uni aged players from???

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Player
    vCash
    Sadly that is the state of affairs in WA premier grade rugby G, clubs like kala and baysie spend all their money on recruitment and development of our juniors only for the richer western suburbs to swoop in and try and buy them out from under us. Its how Nedlands in particular have made finals 30 years straight and now UWA are following suit in the 18 - 20 yr old age group. I mean how else does a club with almost 0 juniors all of a sudden have 40 plus u/19s running around for them? People on here and around the grounds will swear black and blue that it doesnt happen and they are not involved in this practice but they will be straight up telling porkies. The competition rules allow for it to happen which is why it does happen. I know the ideal situation would be that the clubs would be assigned a catchment area they can recruit from and be free to recruit from interstate and overseas all they want but all that would happen is the clubs with the money will hire their lawyers to throw at RWA to protect their own interests. Anyone on here whos beEn involved in club footy more than 5 mins would know that that is the lay of the land here. Cannibalize each other so we can feel good about winning, no matter how grubby the tactics used to achieve our self gratification. Back in the 90s, ARKS and Southern Lions had nearly 700 juniors between them. ARKS were a premier grade clubat the time but always struggled because Nedlands would come calling with a cash offer to their best players year after year. This lead to ARKS being relegated from premier grade leaving those juniors with no pathway to the higher levels in their own area. Similarly with Southern Lions or Fremantle/Leeming as they were known back then. Palmyra would come calling with money and promises to any decent player they had which also stopped any ambition that club had of being promoted to premier grade rugby. Now Southern Lions to their credit moved to Success from Bullcreek such was the decimation of their playing stocks by big brother up the road and look to be rebuilding very impressively. ARKS on the other hand have taken a little while longer to recover but are on the way back. Fast forward to present day, Wanneroo and Rockigham, 2 clubs with massive junior numbers. Struggling due to player poaching by the rich clubs. Rockingham relegated from premier grade 2 years ago because of players being bought not by other premier grade clubs but by their co tenants the league club the Sharks.
    Get your head out of your arse.most rugby clubs when suffering want to blame other successful clubs for there demise. Trying looking internal at your club structure and how many volunteers you have working around the club.if you have a vibrant social club where people want to hang around you tend to find more success on the field.as far as your neddies bashing goes use facts not bullshit as i cant remember the last player to play for neddies 1st that was recruited from another 1st grade club.if i remember rightly it was only 2yrs ago you opened your cheque book for a paly no8.howd that work out?the fact of the matter is paying for players doesnt work but keeping the boys employed is your best retention tool.all clubs are guilty of recruiting other clubs players at sometime but a majority. Of the time is they are looking for better opportunity s to play with mates and or looking for success.if you had any knowledge of the uni rugby club they are lucky enough to be able to offer young men uni scholarships hence the numbers in colts.the western suburb club also have a huge amount of kids that go to psa schools and when finished are generally persuaded ti follow them to which ever club they are heading too.so stop club bashing and just look after your own back yard. .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bally View Post
    Get your head out of your arse.most rugby clubs when suffering want to blame other successful clubs for there demise. Trying looking internal at your club structure and how many volunteers you have working around the club.if you have a vibrant social club where people want to hang around you tend to find more success on the field.as far as your neddies bashing goes use facts not bullshit as i cant remember the last player to play for neddies 1st that was recruited from another 1st grade club.if i remember rightly it was only 2yrs ago you opened your cheque book for a paly no8.howd that work out?the fact of the matter is paying for players doesnt work but keeping the boys employed is your best retention tool.all clubs are guilty of recruiting other clubs players at sometime but a majority. Of the time is they are looking for better opportunity s to play with mates and or looking for success.if you had any knowledge of the uni rugby club they are lucky enough to be able to offer young men uni scholarships hence the numbers in colts.the western suburb club also have a huge amount of kids that go to psa schools and when finished are generally persuaded ti follow them to which ever club they are heading too.so stop club bashing and just look after your own back yard. .
    I appreciate your efforts in replying to my brief history of WA rugby. My post was concerning more than the last 2 years moreso the last 25. I can name players who Nedlands have enticed to their club with the $5000 sign on bonus but dont have enough bandwidth or terabytes available to me. You say that guys want to play with their mates and have success in their playing careers only to then confirm that the clubs i mentioned do in fact use highly attractive incentives to lure players. Yes we were silly enough to buy in Rayzor only to be burnt but thats the risk you take when employing these methods as you would most certainly know. Now UWA has bought our ex no 8, wow a vicious cycle indeed. Maybe you are right that we should look after our own backyard although that is extremely difficult when trying to compete with the incentives been offered as you correctly stated. Many volunteers have fought this battle for years and have finally said enough is enough and walked away. The brickwall they hit their heads against? The endless cycles embedded in WA rugby. The rich clubs always having the leverage. Money equals power. Power equals influence. Influence over the weak.
    This is not club bashing. I could not give a rats arse about how clubs recruit as i know already how low and grubby some clubs and people stoop. Cant beat it, join it i say. Although it will eventually lead to a 6 team premier rugby competition as the working class clubs will eventually run out of money and be destined for oblivion trying to level the playing field. Thats the real concern here, not whos poached who.

Last edited by NTT; 23-02-15 at 16:01.
    There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count and those that can't

Red Carded
    vCash
    Take your halo off Bally if you are not aware of the dealings that go on even in your own glass house its a shame
    There is nothing wrong with a little negotiation going on on any level
    The point being the deals and movement of players between clubs is minimal and not the real problem
    It's keeping the kids interested enough to maintain there enthusiasm to stay and play long term with there club
    The player base is diminishing at at alarming rate and the quality of the comp is also deteriating which is why the solution must be found soon because even the mercenaries will not hang around to play with what's left
    The comp must becomeore vibrant from within
    20 years ago we had a similar economic climate which makes it hard to attract outside players but the local comp maintained a reasonable standard now the pressure on players to train 4 nights a week push for higher honours has become a second job and is putting to much pressure across the board
    We have lost the social side of the club at the top level at home and away clubs with all but a handful of players at presentation
    The world has changed but clubland hasn't gone with it we have all been caught up in the world of super rugby at not realising the fact that they return very little to community rugby across the board not force bashing but across the whole comp
    Pressure on kids at 12 from parents and coaches that there boy is the next best thing only to find out when he's 16 he's just another average player we have lost the values of belonging to a club enjoying competition and have taken participation to a level of success at all costs which is burning players and volunteers out at a rate of knots
    Soon there will be no one to trade or a club scene that will be irrapairable
    2 or so people run the comp back then and the sky didn't fall in now we have a small business running the game and we are achieving very little except the burden of carrying them
    Bring the social side back and the rest will follow

Red Carded
    vCash
    If the rumours are true at baysie and there is no smoke without fire and we know people from rugby wa read and post on this site go down there find out what can be done as we cannot let another prem side go
    And there's no fun in watching a club get thped every week to keep an even number

Player
    vCash
    I appreciate your efforts in replying to my brief history of WA rugby. My post was concerning more than the last 2 years moreso the last 25. I can name players who Nedlands have enticed to their club with the $5000 sign on bonus but dont have enough bandwidth or terabytes available to me. You say that guys want to play with their mates and have success in their playing careers only to then confirm that the clubs i mentioned do in fact use highly attractive incentives to lure players. Yes we were silly enough to buy in Rayzor only to be burnt but thats the risk you take when employing these methods as you would most certainly know. Now UWA has bought our ex no 8, wow a vicious cycle indeed. Maybe you are right that we should look after our own backyard although that is extremely difficult when trying to compete with the incentives been offered as you correctly stated. Many volunteers have fought this battle for years and have finally said enough is enough and walked away. The brickwall they hit their heads against? The endless cycles embedded in WA rugby. The rich clubs always having the leverage. Money equals power. Power equals influence. Influence over the weak.
    This is not club bashing. I could not give a rats arse about how clubs recruit as i know already how low and grubby some clubs and people stoop. Cant beat it, join it i say. Although it will eventually lead to a 6 team premier rugby competition as the working class clubs will eventually run out of money and be destined for oblivion trying to level the playing field. Thats the real concern here, not whos poached who.
    Quality reply .whats done is done and i agree something has to be done to stop the rot of not just player movement but player participation. Alot of people are happy to bag the shit out of rugbywa but there is not alot of answers.this isnt my field but i think the best thing for the comp is a 8 team comp.1 thing that hurts most clubs is the amount of players leaving for work up north and with the aru taking control of subs we are going to find it harder to field lower grade teams all this reduces bar taking something neddies were well down last year.

vCash
    Quality reply .whats done is done and i agree something has to be done to stop the rot of not just player movement but player participation. Alot of people are happy to bag the shit out of rugbywa but there is not alot of answers.this isnt my field but i think the best thing for the comp is a 8 team comp.1 thing that hurts most clubs is the amount of players leaving for work up north and with the aru taking control of subs we are going to find it harder to field lower grade teams all this reduces bar taking something neddies were well down last year.
    Its the same as how do we get 18-20yr olds to stay in rugby and not turn their backs as soon as drink, girls and work start getting their attention?
    There is no silver bullet to either situation (without somehow making AFL,NRL and soccer disappear) that has been found over the years. It is true people blame RugbyWA till they are blue in the face. But how does RugbyWA spend money it doesnt have and who says more money is the solution anyway. RugbyWA already spends as much as it can afford to. The clubs already spend what they can afford to and sometimes more. The only thing we can really do is try to work together as clubs to protect and nuture what we already have. Tearing each other apart over these issues only muddies the paths of communication and co operation. Once again i state i have no ulterior motive of starting another club v club slanging fest on here. Its been done. Got us nowhere. Lets look for whats best for club footy which is a competitive premier grade and plenty of 15 to 20 year olds coming through the ranks to strengthen future growth.

Now Soaks on the other hand ... (sic)

There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count and those that can't

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    the drop off in players from Junior to senior sport is not confined to rugby--it happens across the board--soccer is a classic example

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    Where would they get pre Uni aged players from???
    from the seed of the loins of those Old Boys

Rookie
    vCash
    Get your head out of your arse.most rugby clubs when suffering want to blame other successful clubs for there demise.
    Haha Bally you and your club have been one of the biggest to blame for other clubs problems and that is a fact Neddies have the habit to steal decent players year in and year out

vCash
    Never wanting to defend Neddies, but after several conversations with players from seniors to some of the colts; they actually want to go to Neddies because of the repeated success. They want part of it and some have enjoyed it after a bit of hard work to get there ... however the issue really is recruitment & retention plus the fact that if the boys are employed by people at the club, it goes a very long way.

Clubs need employment officers; a contact point where all club members - seniors, old boys, parents of juniors ... can go to if they need resources, need jobs filling - the EO has the list of players that need jobs, what kind of experience they have & what they can do.

It's been working extremely successfully for decades at a previous club of mine in England, why not give it a try here?
    Simple proviso for potential employers is their availability ... !

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast