Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Baysie in trouble

vCash
    Oops, I'm sure anybody who lives down this way can tell me what I meant!

I've also been out of the loop for quite some time, some of the animosity may have healed, but it didn't look likely when I was still involved. I've talked online to some people in the last couple of years and it still seems to be simmering.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Forceable View Post
    The wee Scotsman should get himself down to UWA and do a bit of poaching.......
    I believe he was coaching kids down there last season, but something must have happened because he then appeared at Wests.....

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NTT View Post
    Have been at every training session for the last 3 and a half years, haven't seen Laione at any of them. Was rumoured to be heading our way but has not turned up to training yet.
    OK mate maybe you should ask someone in the know, because this is straight from the horse's mouth, reckons he did 3/4 weeks pre-season prior to xmas.
    Also heard Timu is rumoured to be shopping himself around

Hope Bayswater can sort things out, Prem rugby needs "workingmans" clubs like Baysie, Kala, RooDogs, already lost Rocky.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by G_Beard View Post
    NTT suggestions are to hold onto your players, with rumour of offers have been made to your players as well.
    Yeah i know. Daley Harper has been the subject of a few offers i hear.

There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count and those that can't

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Neymar11 View Post
    OK mate maybe you should ask someone in the know, because this is straight from the horse's mouth, reckons he did 3/4 weeks pre-season prior to xmas.
    Also heard Timu is rumoured to be shopping himself around

Hope Bayswater can sort things out, Prem rugby needs "workingmans" clubs like Baysie, Kala, RooDogs, already lost Rocky.....
    OK, you seem to know more about kala than kala people heavily involved. He may have been training with his cousin JT on the sunday morning sessions with some of the other boys but has not been to a preseason training on a Tuesday or Thursday night yet. I have been at every preseason session since October last year and have not seem him yet. He is related to 2 of our Tongan guys (JT and Peaches) but that doesn't mean hes all of a sudden Mr Kalamunda.
    Back on your high horse mate!

There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count and those that can't

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NTT View Post
    OK, you seem to know more about kala than kala people heavily involved. He may have been training with his cousin JT on the sunday morning sessions with some of the other boys but has not been to a preseason training on a Tuesday or Thursday night yet. I have been at every preseason session since October last year and have not seem him yet. He is related to 2 of our Tongan guys (JT and Peaches) but that doesn't mean hes all of a sudden Mr Kalamunda.
    Back on your high horse mate!
    Hate to seem like a keyboard warrior but your wrong again. A months worth of off-season under Aaron Murphy is not the odd Sunday morning with the cuzzies, all you have to do mate is ask someone who actually knows, Mr Heke maybe?
    Not trying to deliberately prove you wrong or start a Kala dick measuring competition just adding to the topic of the thread.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Neymar11 View Post
    Hate to seem like a keyboard warrior but your wrong again. A months worth of off-season under Aaron Murphy is not the odd Sunday morning with the cuzzies, all you have to do mate is ask someone who actually knows, Mr Heke maybe?
    Not trying to deliberately prove you wrong or start a Kala dick measuring competition just adding to the topic of the thread.
    Haha points decision too neymar

Apprentice
    vCash
    New to this forum but had to put you straight on this one. One of the two so called "lower grade" players who showed up at Wests last week was a regular prem grade starter for Baysie last season and a u20's state rep last year. The other player was being looked at for prems this season as well...........

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by G_Beard View Post
    NTT suggestions are to hold onto your players, with rumour of offers have been made to your players as well.
    Sadly that is the state of affairs in WA premier grade rugby G, clubs like kala and baysie spend all their money on recruitment and development of our juniors only for the richer western suburbs to swoop in and try and buy them out from under us. Its how Nedlands in particular have made finals 30 years straight and now UWA are following suit in the 18 - 20 yr old age group. I mean how else does a club with almost 0 juniors all of a sudden have 40 plus u/19s running around for them? People on here and around the grounds will swear black and blue that it doesnt happen and they are not involved in this practice but they will be straight up telling porkies. The competition rules allow for it to happen which is why it does happen. I know the ideal situation would be that the clubs would be assigned a catchment area they can recruit from and be free to recruit from interstate and overseas all they want but all that would happen is the clubs with the money will hire their lawyers to throw at RWA to protect their own interests. Anyone on here whos beEn involved in club footy more than 5 mins would know that that is the lay of the land here. Cannibalize each other so we can feel good about winning, no matter how grubby the tactics used to achieve our self gratification. Back in the 90s, ARKS and Southern Lions had nearly 700 juniors between them. ARKS were a premier grade clubat the time but always struggled because Nedlands would come calling with a cash offer to their best players year after year. This lead to ARKS being relegated from premier grade leaving those juniors with no pathway to the higher levels in their own area. Similarly with Southern Lions or Fremantle/Leeming as they were known back then. Palmyra would come calling with money and promises to any decent player they had which also stopped any ambition that club had of being promoted to premier grade rugby. Now Southern Lions to their credit moved to Success from Bullcreek such was the decimation of their playing stocks by big brother up the road and look to be rebuilding very impressively. ARKS on the other hand have taken a little while longer to recover but are on the way back. Fast forward to present day, Wanneroo and Rockigham, 2 clubs with massive junior numbers. Struggling due to player poaching by the rich clubs. Rockingham relegated from premier grade 2 years ago because of players being bought not by other premier grade clubs but by their co tenants the league club the Sharks.

Rookie
    vCash
    Rocky was shafted by Rugby WA - they were travelling nicely - hope they don't do the same to Baysie or any other struggling club - Watch put Baysie A Hill is still there

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Weiry View Post
    New to this forum but had to put you straight on this one. One of the two so called "lower grade" players who showed up at Wests last week was a regular prem grade starter for Baysie last season and a u20's state rep last year. The other player was being looked at for prems this season as well...........
    Just off the phone to a few guy's because contrary to what some guy's think I do research before I post. The players in question had no contact whatsoever with any players or coaching staff from Wests prior to their appearance at pre-season on Tuesday night and just turned up of their own accord
    . Not knowing these guy's although their playing ability is irrelevant anyway they would be hard pressed to make second grade at Wests.
    That came from guy's that know them because I don't know them.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    yep,this is the time of year to allege all sorts of skullduggery--without backing them up with facts

Apprentice
    vCash
    There was no accusations being made, just stating the facts. One was a prem player at Baysie last year and the other played 2nds.

Player
    vCash
    The big 6 getting stronger and the little 4 are in all sorts of trouble.
    Which is sad we need a strong even comp i ve heard wanneroo are in for more pain and have had a couple leave Kala and now baysie $ and volley promblems and now Joondalup who looked to be on track having a few wobbles with recruitment having not picked up as many walk up as they thought.I wonder how many Fringe Force players the little guys get i am picking 1 each tops whilst the clubs who dont need get 4-5 each

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Forceable View Post
    The wee Scotsman should get himself down to UWA and do a bit of poaching there. They will no doubt probably have more than enough to field two Under 19's teams. They are certainly right up there when it comes to out and out poaching.
    You have lots to say with little evidence on a few fronts. You live in lalaland mate.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast