Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9

Thread: Karmichael Hunt charged with supplying cocaine

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    $100 says he has no problems getting in the UK this year when selected for the World Cup.
    $200 that he gets extra attention from customs though

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

(a.k.a. Mr Pinkbits) Stone Cold's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Yet another reason why Rugby shouldn't expand to the Gold Coast!
    Aside from the fact that every team from every code that has moved to the Gold Coast has folded, is under administration, has little to no support and/or is struggling financially?

coz Stone Cold says so

(a.k.a. Mr Pinkbits) Stone Cold's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Caught last year?

I thought the charge was submitted a couple of weeks ago.

If SC is correct, this smells of incompetent mismanagement by the QRU and the ARU and the world's best cover up by the AFL.

If he's wrong.......move along, nothing to see here!

My bad - his indiscretions were from last year but he was only charged this year. I would be interested to know who knew about the drugs when he signed his contract...

coz Stone Cold says so

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone Cold View Post
    Aside from the fact that every team from every code that has moved to the Gold Coast has folded, is under administration, has little to no support and/or is struggling financially?
    The Gold Coast is where sports go to die.

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-06-2...vealed/6578478

"Karmichael Hunt's drug use revealed to police, according to reports

Cross-code football star Karmichael Hunt has reportedly told police he binged on drugs and alcohol for days at a time and would sometimes turn up to official team functions high.

On one occasion, he met his dealer outside a pizza shop to score cocaine for himself and his club mates, according to a report published in The Sunday Telegraph.

The Telegraph says 28-year-old Hunt also made explosive allegations to Queensland law enforcement officers about other high-profile rugby union and rugby league players before appearing in court on the Gold Coast in March, when he pleaded guilty to possessing cocaine.

The paper says the information was provided in return for Hunt getting a lighter sentence, which in turn helped salvage his new $2 million contract with Super Rugby's Queensland Reds.

It also alleges Hunt identified to police a previously unnamed Australia and State of Origin rugby league player as having put him in contact with a Gold Coast drug dealer.

"I believe that I would have got (the dealer's) number from (the player)," the paper quotes Hunt as telling investigators.

"While I have never partied with (the player) or seen him using drugs, I was aware that he partied every so often and dabbled with cocaine."

Hunt told police he blamed the stress of switching clubs and football codes for going off the rails."

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    when I saw you had revived this thread; must admit, I thought "not again..."

but this would explain why he didn't record a conviction though. Unsure why this article is coming out now though.

vCash
    Didn't realise it was a $2 million contract - thought it was $600K? No wonder he's been named in the Wallabies squad.

And if he thinks changing football codes is so stressful that it drove him to binge on drugs and alcohol, he should try walking in the shoes of those on struggle street in the real world.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Champion
    vCash
    It's his choice to dabble in that shit but to dob in others for a lighter sentence shows the character of the man

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    It's his choice to dabble in that shit but to dob in others for a lighter sentence shows the character of the man
    Lowlifes one and all Westie.

The need to use drugs to escape the tough reality of being a millionaire sporting superstar is more evidence of a weak mind and character than his willingness to grass on his mates for his own gain.

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Didn't realise it was a $2 million contract - thought it was $600K? No wonder he's been named in the Wallabies squad.
    Maybe they mean $600K/yr for 3 years.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Not mates in the traditional sense, just blokes they score or use drugs with, which is why they jump over themselves to rat their associates out when it all turns turtle for them. Grubs one and all.

Hunt was very contrite - when he was caught. Business as usual otherwise.

I actually hate when clubs mollycoddle players and say they will give them counselling etc. etc. They are adult men being paid very well for something that most people do for enjoyment for no monetary gain. If they want to make those choices then fine. But boot their arses out the door at the first instance that this occurs, their are 5 blokes ready to step in and take their place.

As an aside I just returned from a holiday on the Gold Coast and IMHO the criminal element was very noticeable there. Speaking with friends that live there and work in the security industry the last 7-5 years have seen almost every OMCG establish a major presence there wanting a slice of the drug trade. It is across the news every night and authorities are concerned now how to combat the ubiquitous drug presence and attendant criminality. The portrayal of the gold coast as an hedonistic party town has done it no favours as it has readily attracted this element.

Non sunt multiplicanda entia sine necessitate

vCash
    ARU are as weak as... He should have been sacked and banned as he lied saying he did not use the drug but in the article he admits it... Get rid of him..

Maybe thats why loads are getting out of QLD rugby.. Dont want to be tarnished with this

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbasimplex View Post
    Not mates in the traditional sense, just blokes they score or use drugs with, which is why they jump over themselves to rat their associates out when it all turns turtle for them. Grubs one and all.

As an aside I just returned from a holiday on the Gold Coast and IMHO the criminal element was very noticeable there. Speaking with friends that live there and work in the security industry the last 7-5 years have seen almost every OMCG establish a major presence there wanting a slice of the drug trade. It is across the news every night and authorities are concerned now how to combat the ubiquitous drug presence and attendant criminality. The portrayal of the gold coast as an hedonistic party town has done it no favours as it has readily attracted this element.
    You might enjoy reading a book by Dan Crowley if you haven't already. It's called "Undercover Prop" and, apart from his Rugby exploits, details his time as an undercover policeman infiltrating the drug trade on the Gold Coast. More than a little dangerous for a high profile sportsman.
    An excellent read.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9