Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds v Force Thread

vCash
    JOC isn't a 10's pubic hair. He is easy to shut down. He will drift sideways and throw passes that get his runners taken off on stretchers. He will run a lot himself and can be dangerous one on one. He is easy to shut down by having our 10 run at him and a defender coming up on his inside shoulder to take him if he steps inside. If the defence is lazy moving up on his inside shoulder he can carve up. If they move up he will run sideways and push his backline laterally messing up their alignment. He is a damaging runner and should have played 15 or wing. RG has no clue. Force with a BP

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Controversy corner

vCash
    A f@$k what's happening, I agree with Rex

I need a lie down

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Stop agreeing with me GIGS. Your taint makes me look bad

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Controversy corner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Messup View Post
    Stop agreeing with me GIGS. Your taint makes me look bad
    You don't need my help

C'mon the

vCash
    I suppose it all depends on how much training JO'C has done at flyhalf with the Reds, I would assume that's what he's been doing since he arrived in Australia if Graham wants to play him there. But I'm sure Robbie Deans had him training there with the Wallabies too, but he just couldn't take to it naturally. I don't think he's played much there with either Toulon or London Irish, so it's a weird decision from Richard Graham. I thought Hunt looked comfortable enough, in well-beaten team with no forwards or structure, maybe he should stick with him?

As a Force fan, I'll be happy if he goes with JO'C, I don't rate him as a fly-half; I'll just be hoping he doesn't surprise us.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chibi View Post
    I don't think he's played much there with either Toulon or London Irish, so it's a weird decision from Richard Graham. I thought Hunt looked comfortable enough, in well-beaten team with no forwards or structure, maybe he should stick with him?

As a Force fan, I'll be happy if he goes with JO'C, I don't rate him as a fly-half; I'll just be hoping he doesn't surprise us.
    I was thinking exactly the same thing, I haven't seen any actual matches he played for Toulon or Irish, however the highlights I have seen show him as an outside back. I think this is the Braindead solution to the problems that surfaced against the Brumbies......well that and telling Jim Carmichael to get him Greg Inglis.

I do worry a little that JOC might have actually grown up and his prodigious ability will show on the field, however I'm calmed by the fact that RG still seems to be in total control of the team's structure and there's sure to be other weaknesses to exploit.

C'mon the

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    You only have to remember how Fox Sports talked RG into playing JOC as 5/8 for the Force, enough said!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Messup View Post
    Your taint makes me look bad
    stop posing with his taint then

vCash
    Honestly, though it might be an unpopular opinion, I'd rather see Giteau back in Australia than JO'C. His attitude and contribution at Toulon, as far as I can see, has been admirable. I still think he's a loss to Australian rugby in a World Cup year, and I don't see his character/transgressions as being any worse than Quade, JO'C or Beale.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Sooooooo............cyclone heading straight for Brisbane due tomorrow.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    JOC is at 10 and KHunt is at fullback, will put full team when I can find it.

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    James O’Connor, Adam Thomson to debut for Queensland Reds against Western Force

Jim Tucker
    The Courier-Mail
    February 19, 2015 10:56AM

BIG-NAME recruits James O’Connor and Adam Thomson have been named for their Queensland Reds debuts in Saturday night’s redemption mission against the Western Force at Suncorp Stadium.

The Test-toughened duo are the two changes to the Reds starting side which has to rebound from the embarrassment of last Friday night’s lame 47-3 crash to the ACT Brumbies in Canberra.

Wallabies utility James O’Connor will start at flyhalf with Karmichael Hunt shifting to fullback.

Former All Black Thomson will start at blindside flanker with Curtis Browning moving to the bench.

On the bench, former Australian Under-20s representative Tom Murday replaces Ed O’Donoghue as lock back-up. Murday was a member of the Auckland Blues Super Rugby Extended Player Squad last year before returning home to train with the Reds.

Centre Sam Johnson comes on to the bench for Duncan Paia’aua, the rookie flyhalf who has been ruled out following a head knock in Canberra.

Coach Richard Graham copped squarely on the chin that the Reds were not good enough in Canberra and expects a big lift in performance.

“Last week was a poor performance, the group recognise that and they are determined to deliver a strong performance on Saturday for our home fans,” he said.

“Our focus this week has been mainly around getting our set piece and defence right. The game usually flows on the back of controlling the collision zone and they start with those two areas.”

Having O’Connor and Thomson in the match-day squad is a positive.

“I have been talking for a while now about James and Adam making their debuts for the Reds. With some certainty I can finally say after a good week’s preparation that both of the boys will start this weekend,” Graham said.

“Adam has only been with the group now two weeks but has fitted in superbly. As a leader and a footballer he has been able to contribute positively to what we are doing.

“James will wear the No. 10 jersey. He has spent the last two weeks training fully with the team and looks settled. He is motivated to help the team around the field and allow the side to find their attacking framework. Karmichael and he will split the role on some first phase and phase attack.”

REDS v FORCE at Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane

Saturday, 7.40pm AEDT (6.40pm Qld time), LIVE ON FOX SPORTS 2HD

REDS (1-15): James Slipper (c), Saia Fainga’a, Sam Talakai, Marco Kotze, James Horwill, Adam Thomson, Liam Gill, Jake Schatz, Will Genia, James O’Connor, Lachie Turner, Samu Kerevi, Chris Feauai-Sautia, Chris Kuridrani, Karmichael Hunt.

Reserves: James Hanson, Ben Daley, Sef Faagase, Tom Murday, Curtis Browning, Nick Frisby, Sam Johnson, Campbell Magnay.

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chibi View Post
    Honestly, though it might be an unpopular opinion, I'd rather see Giteau back in Australia than JO'C. His attitude and contribution at Toulon, as far as I can see, has been admirable. I still think he's a loss to Australian rugby in a World Cup year, and I don't see his character/transgressions as being any worse than Quade, JO'C or Beale.
    True, Giteau was arrogant and selfish on the field, but generally clean off it.

He appears to have fixed his issues on the field and seems to be tearing it up at 10.....he would be a far better option, but not a long-term option.

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MI5_Dog View Post
    stop posing with his taint then
    EWWWWWW that just SOUNDS wrong

C'mon the

vCash
    “James will wear the No. 10 jersey... "

Hit'm hard, hit'm often Gus/Alcock..

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!