Thread: Brache builds on Force role

Champion
    vCash

Thumbs up Brache builds on Force role

Nick Taylor
    The West Australian

Marcel Brache has no regrets about his move to the Western Force.
    Los Angeles-born Brache had some hard decisions to make when the Force offered him a contract last season, not least the chance of playing for the USA in next year's World Cup.
    He would also be leaving his Cape Town home and the opportunity of breaking into the Sharks to commit to Australian rugby as an overseas development player.
    But with the World Cup now just nine months away, Brache is confident he made the right decision.
    "I've got no regrets, none at all," he said. "I've thoroughly enjoyed my time here in Perth.
    "I'm very happy with what happened as an individual and in terms of team performance last season and just stoked to have been involved in the Force's most successful year."
    Brache came to the club with the reputation as a versatile back-line player but in seven of his nine appearances coach Michael Foley used him in what had been the troublesome outside centre role. And he is ready to fill the spot again next season.
    "It was a lot of fun playing in the midfield against some of the biggest boys I've ever seen in my life," Brache said.
    "I was just happy to be involved and nine games was a great start with a new team. I'm looking forward to building on that.
    "There have been open and honest talks with all the coaches on what I can improve on."
    Force have finished the second week of pre-season training with forwards Adam Coleman, Nathan Charles and Angus Cottrell and fly-half Sias Ebersohn having recovered from post-season surgery.
    Wallabies Matt Hodgson and Ben McCalman will join the squad after Christmas as the club bids to make its maiden Super Rugby finals appearance after falling a couple of points short last season.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    Marcel is one of the best blokes. Massive enthusiasm!
    Watching him at several Force Family events and Bayswater club events, he learns the kids names really quickly and incorporates them in the fun.
    Absolute champ. I highly recommend saying hello and having a word with him. Top shelf.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Agree. Top man

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    On the pitch, he's always talking up the team, patting bums and working on morale.

vCash
    He is a very committed defender which speaks volumes for his attitude. I was impressed with his debut season for a "no name". A team man and a real tryer.....a Force trait. The franchise has always been about opportunity. We el have a super pack this year. We need some backs.

Controversy corner

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Not bad for a Seppo

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!