Nick Taylor
The West Australian

Two weeks ago, speedster Mitchell Scott was at home in the New Zealand South Island city of Nelson pondering his rugby future.
Seven days later the winger flew to Perth for a new life with the Western Force after signing a two-year deal as an international development player.
The 2011 Junior World Cup winner had not re-signed with NZ National Provincial Championship finalists Tasman and wanted a change.
The Force came calling but a move to Australia was a big call for Scott, whose late father Stephen played scrum-half for the All Blacks.
"It happened pretty quickly. We began talking last Monday, I signed last Friday and I was here on Monday," Scott said.
"You always want to play for the All Blacks but if you can't get there you still want to play at the highest level.
"You want to give it your best crack. It was a bit hard because I was at Tasman for four years.
"The team had been together for those years but I was pretty keen to get a shot at Super Rugby.
"I got the call saying there was a spot available, would I like to come over.
"I was pretty excited. I just wanted to test myself at the next level, maybe have a lifestyle change and here I am. The Force is like a new family for me."
Scott was a starting member of the Tasman 2013 NPC winning side and came off the bench when they finished runners-up to Taranaki in this year's final.
Force coach Michael Foley said it was essential to find players outside the group to complement the side.
"Mitch is still young and adds genuine pace to our outside backs," Foley said.
Scott replaces Fijian Tino Nemani, who broke a leg and will miss the start of the season.