Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Australia v England

vCash
    I wish you well! sing Waltzing Matilda to drown out that charity chant !!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Love the back row comparison .... but messrs Robshaw, Morgan & Wood versus Max, Hooper & McMahon looks like a one sided affair !
    Hooper may do the tackles, but his size is starting to tell in Intl Rugby. Going low clos to the line doesn't prevent tries, completely ineffective in a couple of the games this tour.
    England may have te massive forwards as mentioned, but they're mobile ... Lawes, Attwood & Kruis get about with purpose & direction.
    Like the England by 12 scoreline !!!

vCash
    Much as I hate to say this but England have this game. This was the one at the end of a disappointing tour that radical changes should have been made and some of the up and coming talent given a real go... England are not that good but they are good enough to take this team to pieces.... O'Connor needs to be brought back in as soon as he is back in Queensland, does anyone watch the French top 14, he covers so many back line positions and excels in most ( yes I am choking on my own words!!)?
    Look forward towards next year cut the old guard, we all know who they are, and launch a new era of world beating Wallabies.

vCash
    England by 13! Feel like a Judas but just can't see it and different.

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Hope so too Marty-give Skelton a big kick in the arse for me! Tell him to move his legs!

vCash
    Why hasn't the bench been named? Is it because Cheika wants to avoid criticism for not giving Kyle Godwin and Tom English a run as he promised all would get an opportunity.

vCash
    I don't think Cheika gives a rat's proverbial about being criticised.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    Hope so too Marty-give Skelton a big kick in the arse for me! Tell him to move his legs!
    Don't think I could reach even if I tried! I might be able to give him a kick in the back of the knee for you though!

I am just glad I went to the BaaBaa's game at the start of the month. A great spectacle AND Hodgo as captain. Was well worth it.

I am hoping this gives me some preparation for the world cup onslaught next year. Eng vs Aus at twickers is one of the games we snagged tickets to.

vCash
    Rex's rule.......never back England against Australia. It is fundamentally un-Australian.

The old school was, you only left the field on a stretcher. Spill the blood upon the wattle.

Australia is able to beat anybody on our day. Every loss this year has been by only a few points. The English have won as many games as us in their last 6 starts. They are hardly world beaters at this stage although there is a sense they are a team on the rise.

We are more expereinced.

Australians always lift to the highest level against the English. We hate losing to the English. It makes us filthy.

Difficult circumstances, new coach, new systems, they have been flogged in training.........a hard tour and an arduous year with many disappointments.

We will finsih with a signature performance to rattle their cages. We are going to f_ck them up in their own world cup

Australia by 20

Controversy corner

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    RWC 2011- Australia lost to New Zealand in the semi but beat New Zealand in the game before (Suncorp)
    RWC 2011- Australia lost to Ireland in the pool stage but beat them in the game before (also Suncorp)
    RWC 2007- Australia lost to England in the pool stage but beat them in the game before (Melbourne)
    RWC 1995- Australia lost to England in the quarter final but beat them in the game before (1991 RWC final)

The only anomaly is the 2003 RWC. It isn't the end of the world if we don't beat England here.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty_Mcfly View Post
    Don't think I could reach even if I tried! I might be able to give him a kick in the back of the knee for you though!

I am just glad I went to the BaaBaa's game at the start of the month. A great spectacle AND Hodgo as captain. Was well worth it.

I am hoping this gives me some preparation for the world cup onslaught next year. Eng vs Aus at twickers is one of the games we snagged tickets to.
    You gotta aim high in life Marty! Can you keep us posted with updates & what's happening while you're at the game 2morro if possible? Would be great to get your viewpoint (in between the beers that is) we'll be watching!

vCash
    I hope my eyesight was deceiving me, but at the team photo for today's match it looks like Alexander and Jones will be on the bench rather than Hodgo and Tet.

I am totally p*****d off.

What is going on !!!!

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    I hope my eyesight was deceiving me, but at the team photo for today's match it looks like Alexander and Jones will be on the bench rather than Hodgo and Tet.

I am totally p*****d off.

What is going on !!!!
    Nope - your eyes are OK - the selectors vision is what is wrong!

'God invented beer to prevent Props from taking over the world'

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    You gotta aim high in life Marty! Can you keep us posted with updates & what's happening while you're at the game 2morro if possible? Would be great to get your viewpoint (in between the beers that is) we'll be watching!
    Will do guys! Getting ready to head out there soon. Will certainly post comments on the atmosphere and game.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Simply can not get enthused about Wallabies games anymore. Used to stress about team selection chew my nails through the game, but since Cheika we're feeling somewhat underwhelmed about the tests lately. Think it has ' summit to do with Cheika's illogical team selections, frustration with allowing Hooper & Sleazy Beale & sloppy Skelton or blind Ben to play whatever the cost and then to top it off not seeing my favourite MOM Hodgo being treated so shoddily, I'm amazed that at least sanity reigns with Benny still on the field! So dare I say icynically so I really don't give a toss if they lose against England & part of me is hoping they do just to prove what an AHole Cheika & the ARU are to give conclusive proof. And I don't care IF he is the frrikken Messiah, a Tahs game plan just ain't gonna win a Test match OR the World Cup especially without Plan B or C! Just give me the Force & some belief in integrity from now on am over the Warrabies.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast