Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Australia v England

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    England by 12

Toomua and AAC will get smashed.

Early bed and watch in morning, delay the pain!
    Very happy to eat my words regarding Toomua and AAC, along with Big Dog they were probably our best.

Scrum is a worry, Hooper needs to keep his head down, arse up and contribute to pack or we will be continually decimated at scrum time.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Veteran
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev View Post
    Some strange analysis coming through & I wonder of I was watching the same game;
    AAC was line breaking yes but couldn't finish with a decent pass & died every time, which is why he gets the wingers shirt. One dimensional ...
    A complete overhaul of the scrum is requried for the Wallabie to compete ... a couple of front rowers coming back won't change anything at all.
    Back row selection needs a complete overhaul, Hooper can not compete with sizeable opposition near the near. He goes too low & gets beaten easily. McMahon was way out of his depth. McCalman was lucky to stay on the pitch with several off the ball incidents; he didn't get caught so goodfor him, but he pushed his luck & his absence for 10 would leave the other two floundering ...
    Until some fundamentals are recognised, Cheika will be laughed out of the RWC.

The ARU's failure to look West will haunt them in every aspect; Hodgson, Godwin, Faulker even Foote ...
    AAC looked for the pass, you could see him thinking about it, but he decided that he shouldn't push the pass which wasn't guarenteed. I reckon he should have chanced it once or twice, But he put us on the front foot on a number of runs, and it is not his fault it wasn't backed up by the rest of the team recycling the ball.

otherwise - that is the only thing i disagree with you (or most people on this site) about the state of the coaching and wallabies.

mainly disappointed at the lack of experimentation in the starting lineup and bench. He came in going to be different - and there is fat cat and beale cocking it up for everyone else, same 'impact players' coming from the bench at the same time in the match. (i am putting a lot on a few, but cannot be bothered with the writing the rest).

vCash
    Plenty of criticism for AAC. I think it is a bit harsh.
    He possibly could have passed on his first break to Horne who was covered however. Horne may have been able to step inside and beat the fullback in a one on one. Every other huge break he made, there was no support. A problem with "structured" play is everybody is getting into position for the next play so that if there is a break, nobody reacts quick enough.
    AAC has explosive power. He is qucik and powerful off the mark. I think he may have lost a yard over 50m though.
    I'm glad he didn't chip kick. He held the ball and we recycled. I can't stand backs that kick good ball away......eg Nic White. That bloke takes the wrong option just about every play. Hopefully he won't be seen in Gold again.

The balance of the bench is wrong. When you have Foley, Cooper and Beale on the field there is too many playmakers and not enough runners. They seem to get in everybodies way and nobody seems to know who is running the next play leading to confusion and disorganisation. (I know Foley was replaced by Cooper this week - but a general comment) . Beale isn't a winger and shouldn't replace one. With the game on the line, I would have liked to see Cooper at 10 and Beale at 12 who would have put Folau into the game and Speight could have stayed on as a finisher. The backline was all fucked up during the championship minutes

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Controversy corner

vCash
    Nuff said, felt and thought! Not all complimentary! Roll on Feb!

vCash
    I hate cricket. I am going to be an even more miserable shite than normal for 3 months

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Controversy corner

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7