Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Australia v Ireland

Veteran
    vCash
    ah, refreshing! asking for more Force players than have been in the squad for a long time!

McCaulman, Hodgo, Tets and Godwin.

Why not Godwin for 12 - plays great defensively and offers some good attack.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    What the dog said

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    What the dog said
    the dog?
    I'm sure you mean "The Dog"!

vCash
    dont forget that Australia have a mod week game, next week???, and this is where they will use Kyle et al... bleeding shame though as he would be a great 12 for the Ireland game.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Really, who they playing??

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    I heard that it was a combined premiership side.. it is as yet an unconfirmed rumor but it did come from an HP sauce in the UK. Will update if I hear any more

vCash
    From Fox Rugby today.....

A focus on intense, at times brutal, training has been a hallmark under Cheika on the three weeks of the spring tour so far. But Simmons said the players were unsurprisingly being worked even harder this week following a loss.

“It’s a point he made to us at the start of the week — we’ve lost now so-so what we’ve got to do to be better is step up every little thing,” Simmons said.
    For me Simmons now confirms that the rumours were true. The Wallabies looked over-trained and stale against France.

If Cheika really is that old school then expect the Wallabies to run out of legs against Ireland.
    For many of the key players it's been a very long rugby year. Maybe a fresh approach is needed?

The Wallabies haven't lost two in a row while on tour in Europe sine 2005......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by palitu View Post
    ah, refreshing! asking for more Force players than have been in the squad for a long time!

McCaulman, Hodgo, Tets and Godwin.

Why not Godwin for 12 - plays great defensively and offers some good attack.
    Been saying that all week on "roar" ....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitythefool View Post
    I heard that it was a combined premiership side.. it is as yet an unconfirmed rumor but it did come from an HP sauce in the UK. Will update if I hear any more
    Dane or Ross?

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    For me Simmons now confirms that the rumours were true. The Wallabies looked over-trained and stale against France.
    This was also a hallmark of Eddie Jones's Wallabies, who always looked too mentally tired when they played. It ended up with them being repetitive and easy to counter.

It's a worrying sign if that's the case. (Actually Cheika sounds a bit like Eddie when he talks )

But, it's still early days yet, I won't really worry too much about this tour (with the exception of the England game) if we turn around and win the World Cup next year.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chibi View Post
    But, it's still early days yet, I won't really worry too much about this tour (with the exception of the England game) if we turn around and win the World Cup next year.
    If we win the World Cup next year, with what he has been given, I'll hail Cheika as the best coach since Rod McQueen

C'mon the

vCash
    Th reason we lost to the Bokke when they scored 3 tries in the last 7 minutes, the reason we got beaten by Argentina in the last quarter of the game and the reason why we lost after the siren to the allblacks and the reason we haven't won the Bledisloe Cup for 12 farking years is because our national rugby team isn't fit enough nor does it have the skill set of elite sportsmen.

It is music to the ears

Hail the messiah. Long may he reign

Controversy corner

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash

Wallabies, Ireland vie for inside edge

Liam FitzGibbon
    November 20, 2014, 7:52 am

Michael Cheika's coaching history in Ireland is adding an element of intrigue to preparations for this weekend's Test match in Dublin.

The Wallabies coach spent half a decade working in the Emerald Isle as head coach of Leinster and a tactical battle based on inside knowledge has been playing out in the lead-up to Saturday's (Sunday morning AEDT) clash at Lansdowne Road.

Michael Cheika's coaching history in Ireland is adding intrigue to Australia's Test with Ireland.

While Cheika has been keen to divulge his expansive knowledge on Irish rugby to his players, Ireland are also looking to benefit from a familiarity with the newly-appointed coach's methods.

Leinster took a punt on Cheika by hiring him in 2005 and he repaid the faith by leading the club to the European Cup title in 2009.

He will encounter around half his old team this weekend and Wallabies lock Rob Simmons said Australian players had been thoroughly briefed.

"It (his knowledge) has been pretty vital," Simmons said.

"He's made it quite well-known how well he knows some of the players and what they'll be looking to do.

"It's definitely helping us prepare for this game."

Veteran Ireland backrower Jamie Heaslip played all five years under Cheika and hinted his side would look to exploit the high-pressure defensive game the coach is renowned for.

"We've kind of been focusing on their players and what we think will work against their type of defence, without giving too much away," Heaslip said.

The 73-Test veteran said he had fond memories from his time playing under Cheika, who he considers a unique and feisty character.

"What Cheika says in the change room and in training, I don't think stuff can be repeated be he is a very passionate man and wears his heart on his sleeve," Heaslip said.

"He's a very, very smart man.

"He always has an ability to come up with a couple of real good line-breaking moves. I know because I've been on the receiving end of them so we have a lot of respect for him there.

"I'm sure he's going to give them a unique insight into us but, at the same time, I think he'll be quite focused on getting Australia right."

The Wallabies are looking to avoid back-to-back spring tour defeats for the first time since 2005 after falling 29-26 to France in Paris last week.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sp...r-inside-edge/

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    High intensity defensive play
    and
    good line breaking moves

haven't seen any of that at the wallabies yet

vCash
    You will
    Some changes in personel to come

Controversy corner

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast