Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    good to see so much Christmas goodwill shown around here

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    The latest from the ARU here
    There was a paragraph missing in the Plan
    Go play for other codes for a few yrs then come see us and we will give you mega bucks..

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    good to see so much Christmas goodwill shown around here
    It's not even December yet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Messup View Post
    Keep working on your humor though. The last time anybody laughed at one of your jokes, they fell off their dinosaur
    your irony is better than your sarcasm Rex

C'mon the

vCash
    The ARU levy and fees for a senior rugby player in WA will be $108 (National Rego fee $33, National Insurance levy $75). RugbyWA have added their own $22 competition levy to take the total to $130.00. This fee is on top of the standard rego fees clubs still need to charge to put a player on the park. It varies from club to club but a minimum of an additional $300 - $400. RubyWA are kidding themselves if they think this will reduce the workload on volunteers and administration. "CLUBS WILL BENEFIT FROM THIS SYSTEM BY A SIGNIFICANT REDUCTION IN ADMINISTRATION AND A REDUCTION IN LIABILITY TO RWA".

Rookie
    vCash
    There will be a reduction in the numbers below reserve grade - the players who may not be available every week due to work committments /shiftwork /fifo /navy - the blokes that may have played half the games - "had a run" , "helped out the club" - the numbers of registered players will drop

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    What people fail to realise is that coaches, managers and team officials will almost certainly play a new player who turns up looking the goods or with credentials. This will happen no matter what the club administration or RugbyWA tells them.

When one of these unregistered players gets injured, and invariably a few will, they will sue the club, the ARU, RugbyWA, the coach, the manager, anybody, on the basis that they were never informed about the necessity to insure themselves, that they would not have taken the risk if they had been informed, that everybody but themselves was negligent in not informing them, etc etc.

Some will win, and in the case of a serious injury it could send Bodies and individuals to the wall.

At least with the current system if they play and they sign a registration, they are covered.

Who would be a club administrator, RugbyWA committee man, coach or volunteer, and risk being bankrupted by some fool's actions on a rugby pitch over which they have no control, or indeed by an unfortunate on field accident? Or even by the player being hurt at training or on the way to or from the match or training?

These risks are presently covered by the global insurance policy.

They won't cover the player if he does not insure himself, thus exposing the officials to considerable risks of litigation.

Good luck to all volunteers is all I can say. You won't catch me doing it again.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eel View Post
    The ARU levy and fees for a senior rugby player in WA will be $108 (National Rego fee $33, National Insurance levy $75). RugbyWA have added their own $22 competition levy to take the total to $130.00. This fee is on top of the standard rego fees clubs still need to charge to put a player on the park. It varies from club to club but a minimum of an additional $300 - $400. RubyWA are kidding themselves if they think this will reduce the workload on volunteers and administration. "CLUBS WILL BENEFIT FROM THIS SYSTEM BY A SIGNIFICANT REDUCTION IN ADMINISTRATION AND A REDUCTION IN LIABILITY TO RWA".
    The AGM for Sydney Subbies Rugby was held tonight. The above figures were quoted - with some additional information concerning the Insurance Levy.

The $75 is per team of 23 players. So to give you an example. My Club has 4 teams. And we generally have a Player Registration of 80-90 players covering those 4 grades. So going by the new Insurance program each team of 15 (our reserves come from a lower grade) must have insurance paid for a squad of 23- whether you have those numbers or not. We are expected to have a complete squad of 92. or pay the difference.

I hope this makes sense.

During the meeting it was mentioned by Both Subbies And NSW Rugby Officials that they may seek a better insurance deal outside of the ARU Insurance.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    What people fail to realise is that coaches, managers and team officials will almost certainly play a new player who turns up looking the goods or with credentials. This will happen no matter what the club administration or RugbyWA tells them.

When one of these unregistered players gets injured, and invariably a few will, they will sue the club, the ARU, RugbyWA, the coach, the manager, anybody, on the basis that they were never informed about the necessity to insure themselves, that they would not have taken the risk if they had been informed, that everybody but themselves was negligent in not informing them, etc etc.

Some will win, and in the case of a serious injury it could send Bodies and individuals to the wall.

At least with the current system if they play and they sign a registration, they are covered.

Who would be a club administrator, RugbyWA committee man, coach or volunteer, and risk being bankrupted by some fool's actions on a rugby pitch over which they have no control, or indeed by an unfortunate on field accident? Or even by the player being hurt at training or on the way to or from the match or training?

These risks are presently covered by the global insurance policy.

They won't cover the player if he does not insure himself, thus exposing the officials to considerable risks of litigation.

Good luck to all volunteers is all I can say. You won't catch me doing it again.
    Should there be any clubs out there that would be interested in a very good Associations Liability insurance policy especially tailored for NFPs, PM me and I can show you The Way.

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    What's the kickback and trailing commission to RugbyWA?

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    they are passed on to the Refs' guide dog fund

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post

Just as well I'm out of it because we've all done it before, Pug's on the other hand has plenty of moolah so it won't worry him too much.

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Champion
    vCash
    [QUOTE=Exile;390379

The $75 is per team of 23 players. So to give you an example. My Club has 4 teams. And we generally have a Player Registration of 80-90 players covering those 4 grades. So going by the new Insurance program each team of 15 (our reserves come from a lower grade) must have insurance paid for a squad of 23- whether you have those numbers or not. We are expected to have a complete squad of 92. or pay the difference.
    [/QUOTE]
    The ARU are broke. It is what it is and if the punters have to pay more money to play the game then so be it. I think everyone understands that.
    What's not right is the situation Exile's club is in and who are getting penalised for no good reason.That to my way of thinking could almost be construed as extortion, at the very least it's highly unethical.
    If the ARU start pissing off NSW club's who then refuse to pay, every other club in Aus will follow suit.

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    What's not right is the situation Exile's club is in and who are getting penalised for no good reason.That to my way of thinking could almost be construed as extortion, at the very least it's highly unethical.
    Multiply that by every Rugby club throughout the regional areas, the truly amateur ones, who by and large operate their squads similarly. Extortion is the correct word.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast