Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: ARU cuts all funding to Sydney clubs

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    [QUOTE=Rex Messup;38990 .....clubs can be more proactive on raising their own funds rather than sticking their hands out.

I don't think clubs get anything from RugbyWA or the ARU other than a poorly run local competition and the payment of the player insurance (which RugbyWA threatens to withdraw every year).

Everything else they provide (which is next to nothing) is either unnecessary, unwanted, comes with strings, or is provided ad hoc or incompetently.

Most clubs could raise what RugbyWA and the ARU give them financially with a badly run chook raffle at midnight on a Monday.

No established clubs need anything from them.

What the clubs need is for them both to get their act together and meet their own financial obligations without trying to bleed the clubs dry, stop interfering, and to show some modicum of competence in administering their own affairs.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Most clubs have at one time or another asked their respective higher bodies for handouts. It seems the Sydney clubs had their hand in the cooky jar. I wasn't referring to your precious Perth competition.

I have no grievance with your suggestion the ARU should get it's own affairs in order however.

Controversy corner

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Here in Sydney Subbies Rugby the 2014 season clubs were asked to pay $200 per team. This was part of a negotiation. I believe the initial plan was $1500 per team.

For the 2015 season there is no word on the ARU subsidy as yet. How ever we do have to contend with a new rule that NSWRU has mandated - All of Subbies Rugby is now Amateur. We can no longer pay players to play Rugby. Apparently any club caught doing so will face lifetime bans for both the Administrators and the Players. Consequently any player banned by Rugby Union sees them banned by Rugby League in NSW as well. (another rule that was introduced a couple of years ago).

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Messup View Post
    Most clubs have at one time or another asked their respective higher bodies for handouts. It seems the Sydney clubs had their hand in the cooky jar. I wasn't referring to your precious Perth competition.

I have no grievance with your suggestion the ARU should get it's own affairs in order however.
    Rex, I have been a Committee member of a Sydney Suburban Club Rugby Side for almost 5 years now. I am not aware of any Suburban Club receiving a hand out from the NSWRU or the ARU.

I have not seen any hierarchy from the NSWRU or the ARU apart from the occasional visit by Representative Coach to assess certain players.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    I was merely commenting on the thread title. I wasn't suggesting aru handouts extended to 5th grade subbies or to Palmyra .

Controversy corner

Champion
    vCash
    Same situation in NZ. If there is any inkling whatsoever of club players receiving any kind of remuneration the respective provincial governing body turns up en masse one night and demands to see the books.
    If things don't add up they want to know why and you better have the right answers otherwise the penalties are pretty severe.

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    Imagine a system where clubs were paid by the ARU per enrolled player....

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    You giving Pappy a call this week Shasta?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    You giving Pappy a call this week Shasta?
    Not qualified to comment . Suffice it to say, though, that the lack of it is one of his major gripes. It's all due to the Western Force and the Rabble.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

(a.k.a. Mr Pinkbits) Stone Cold's Avatar
    vCash
    The Sydney Premiership Clubs have to face the fact that there is now a third tier of rugby (NRC) sitting above them. They need to change with the times.

coz Stone Cold says so

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone Cold View Post
    The Sydney Premiership Clubs have to face the fact that there is now a third tier of rugby (NRC) sitting above them. They need to change with the times.
    True, and maybe hell could start selling some of the ice creams they are so overloaded with as well.

C'mon the

vCash
    I understand some news of the ARU slug on clubs was embargoed until today by RugbyWA.

Anyone know the said news?

Westie?

Viva la Revolution!!

Champion
    vCash
    Didn't realise it was secret squirrel stuff anyway how would I know, my involvement with club rugby has ended. My IT man on the inside got laid off last week, he's getting married.
    Any of my posts regarding club rugby will now be made up of innuendo and non factual half truth's, gossip and downright made up lie's.

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    Westie!!

Welcome!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    Didn't realise it was secret squirrel stuff anyway how would I know, my involvement with club rugby has ended. My IT man on the inside got laid off last week, he's getting married.
    Any of my posts regarding club rugby will now be made up of innuendo and non factual half truth's, gossip and downright made up lie's.
    So how will we notice the change?

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast