Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: WA rugby thriving: Force chief

Champion
    vCash

WA rugby thriving: Force chief

Nick Taylor
    The West Australian

Western Force chief executive Mark Sinderberry is confident the National Rugby Championship will continue to grow and become a breeding ground for future Super Rugby players.
    Perth Spirit lost Saturday's inaugural NRC grand final 37-26 to Brisbane City at Ballymore but Sinderberry said the campaign would have a positive flow-on for the Force.
    Almost half of the 42 players used by the Spirit came from the ranks of the Perth competition exposing them to a higher standard of rugby without having to travel to Eastern States clubs.
    "The competition will go from strength to strength, I am very confident about that," Sinderberry said.
    "It has been very beneficial, it has served its purpose.
    "Seeing local players play alongside the fully professional players has been an excellent outcome.
    "The other benefit is for those fringe players from Super Rugby who get limited time on the pitch. They have played a lot of rugby and really developed and that will help us enormously going forward.
    "It has shown where the gaps and strengths of rugby are and there's a lot to review.
    "It is always disappointing to lose a final but you can never questions players efforts and what the coaches have done."
    Sinderberry said the Spirit making the final was a reflection of the game growing in WA.
    It followed the best ever season for the Force who narrowly missed a maiden Super Rugby finals, the state under-20 side going undefeated in the Southern States competition with four players selected for the Australian Junior World Cup squad and the WA under-17s winning the national Junior Gold Cup.
    Sinderberry said there was plenty to be done and the organisation could not afford to sit back on its heels.
    “We still have work to do across the board to realise the sustained success that we’re after, however, these milestones demonstrate that we are certainly heading in the right direction," he said.
    "Success like this does not happen by coincidence and it doesn’t happen overnight. A lot of hard work has gone in behind the scenes to make these a reality."
    Spirit coach Kevin Foote said the side was disappointed with the final loss.
    "It was certainly one of our more disappointing performances but full credit to Brisbane City they strangled us out of the game and we just couldn’t get any momentum," he said.
    "To get to the final was a huge achievement and we’ve got a super bunch of guys here so it’s just onwards and upwards.
    "We had some glimpses of really good play in that first half and I think we should have scored just before half time but the boys were calm in the sheds and knew where we needed to lift.
    "Unfortunately we just didn’t get enough of the ball and tried to play catch-up rugby."

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Nice to see what Pappy thinks of this

vCash
    Was that Elwee in the coaches' box during the final? I haven't seen nor heard from him ages

vCash
    What I want to know is;
    Do we have a major sponsor for next year or are we selling off the jerseys individually again next year?
    Do inaugural members getting something other than the same stuff as everyone else?

vCash
    I l,ove the idea of having individual aw based sponsors, but hopefully it'll require an auction to sell them now!

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I l,ove the idea of having individual aw based sponsors, but hopefully it'll require an auction to sell them now!
    Only if you manage to sell them all!

I don't think the Force are in the position to be auctioning the sponsor spot off just yet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MI5_Dog View Post
    What I want to know is;
    Do we have a major sponsor for next year or are we selling off the jerseys individually again next year?
    Do inaugural members getting something other than the same stuff as everyone else?
    Received email re the 10 yr members - nothing to get excited about

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hertryk View Post
    Received email re the 10 yr members - nothing to get excited about
    Was that for 10 year members or members in general for the force's 10th year?

Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    For members in general, it appears they will release a range of "10th Year Anniversary" stuff available to everyone regardless of length of membership.

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Veteran
    vCash
    what i do like, is that there is a voucher for 10th anniversary merch, instead of a hat... could be quite good

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
    Was that Elwee in the coaches' box during the final? I haven't seen nor heard from him ages
    Yeah it was him - He's also heading up the state 20's again in the new year.

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by palitu View Post
    what i do like, is that there is a voucher for 10th anniversary merch, instead of a hat... could be quite good
    Hopefully before Christmas then it is not hard to leave hints for gifts.

Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    For members in general, it appears they will release a range of "10th Year Anniversary" stuff available to everyone regardless of length of membership.
    A little disappointing not to recognise the people who have been members for the entire 10 years win, loss (lots of them) or draw but I'll get over it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    A little disappointing not to recognise the people who have been members for the entire 10 years win, loss (lots of them) or draw but I'll get over it.
    I won't!
    Think it's bloody terrible to tell you the truth.
    Stuck by the team through thick and mostly thin and this is the thanks I get?
    F**k That!

vCash
    I've been a member from the start because I wanted to be a part of it all. Like most, I have thought the repeated caps was a bit lazy, was mystified by the visor and had a quiet chuckle at the change to a scarf option - but none of that was ever likely to affect my membership.

Quite liked the little gesture of the 5 year pin - although there are limited social occasions to wear it.

What would I like for the 10th year? A final would be great, a trophy even better - but a good spirited team throughout the season will actually keep me content.

I reckon there will be a 10 year pin - maybe even some sort of get together, who knows, but .....

Its about the Rugby - its always about the Rugby!

10 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    'God invented beer to prevent Props from taking over the world'

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast