Thread: Nick ‘the Honey Badger’ Cummins tips Barbarians to trounce Wallabies on Saturday nigh

vCash

Nick ‘the Honey Badger’ Cummins tips Barbarians to trounce Wallabies on Saturday nigh

Nick ‘the Honey Badger’ Cummins tips Barbarians to trounce Wallabies on Saturday night

FOX SPORTS October 29, 2014 1:58PM

NICK Cummins has never been short of a golden one-liner — but the former Wallabies cult-hero has taken it one step further by publicly predicting a loss for his old teammates.

What’s more, he has even tipped the scoreline.

Cummins spoke to the UK’s Sport Magazine before lining up for the Barbarians against the Wallabies, channelling his inner Glenn McGrath by predicting a 17-point win for the Baa Baas against “the mongrels” from Australia.

“I’ve never done it before, so that’s another cool experience coming up,” Cummins said of playing against his former Wallabies teammates.

“I’ll get to catch up with a few of the lads I used to play with too, and hopefully give them a bit of banter, and that’ll be a real enjoyable time.

“Even after the Baa-Baas beat them 32-15, we’ll hopefully get out for a beer and tell a few stories. If the Wallabies are allowed to come out for a beer, that is…”

Despite the obvious inner-conflict that comes with lining up against your own country, Cummins admitted he was looking forward to playing alongside the likes of Colin Slade and Henrich Brussow for the Barbarians.

“I’m used to playing against them, and you’re just with your team and all serious, so you don’t get to chew the fat and what have you.

“I think I’m just stoked to be part of it, and these blokes I’m sure are gonna be quite welcoming.

“A bit of team bonding won’t go astray, and that’ll get us all on the same page — then we’ll launch into the mongrels on the Saturday.”

Now plying his trade with Japan’s Coca Cola West Red Sparks, Cummins admits the fixture will be another eye opener in his increasingly cultured rugby career.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/ni...-1227105931681
    Well I hate to say it but for the first time ever I'll be tuning in to a Wallabies game only to be supporting the other team... Would not be disappointed at all to see the Badger's prediction come true.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    god love him!

vCash
    If the Wallabies play like they did against the All Blacks two weeks ago they will win by plenty.

Go the Wallabies!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Honeybadger don't care..........

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    "...we’ll hopefully get out for a beer and tell a few stories. If the Wallabies are allowed to come out for a beer, that is…”

What a classic line!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    He's good isn't he? Miss him!