Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: COWAN BACK FOR 10TH SEASON WITH THE FORCE

Champion
    vCash
    Re-signing with Force an easy decision
    Nick Taylor
    The West Australian

Western Force and Wallabies prop Pek Cowan is hoping to round off his most successful season by lifting the club's first piece of silverware on Saturday.
    Foundation member Cowan re-signed with the Force for two years yesterday and on Saturday will line up for Perth Spirit in the inaugural National Rugby Championship grand final against Brisbane City at Ballymore.
    It comes at the end of a year in which Cowan, 28, was recalled to the Wallabies after a three-year break and saw the Force have their best campaign, just missing the finals.
    Cowan, who joined the Force as an 18-year-old, said re-signing was an easy decision.
    "I was watching players come and go but as soon as I saw how many guys that had been part of last season were still around I was happy to agree and that's a good feeling," Cowan said.
    "I want to see this club succeed and that's a real driving force for me. Falling at the final hurdle last year has definitely fuelled the guys moving forward.
    "Last season was confirmation that what we're doing is working and what we're doing is right, it's just a matter of ensuring that we're just a little bit better across the board if we're to take the next step in this competition."
    Cowan said that belief had spread to the Spirit squad.
    "I was speaking to (Spirit captain) Sam Wykes just a couple of days ago and we can't remember the last time we played in a grand final," Cowan said.
    "Even for us slightly older guys there is a great buzz.
    "It's a great opportunity. This is what you play sport for."
    Cowan was left out of the Wallabies' spring tour squad, despite playing Tests against France, New Zealand, South Africa and Argentina.
    He has made 91 appearances for the Force, and needs just two to surpass Nathan Sharpe and become the club's second-highest capped player behind skipper Matt Hodgson.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    A retired prop in a pub? Never!

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    If they finally wakeup to how lazy Ben Robinson is & give him the flick doesn't Pek get his spot back?

(a.k.a. Mr Pinkbits) Stone Cold's Avatar
    vCash
    YES! YES! YES!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

coz Stone Cold says so

vCash

PEK

Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    If they finally wakeup to how lazy Ben Robinson is & give him the flick doesn't Pek get his spot back?
    Totally agree and said my tuppence worth on Roar today to that effect

Champion
    vCash
    I'm not just saying this because Pek is a born and bred true diehard Wests Scarborough man but the limited game time he had with the Wallabies I thought he bought lot's of energy and effort

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2