Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: KB Hearing

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macattack View Post
    I have no love for Beale, I suspect he is a genuine dickhead along with Quade-Cooper and Judas. However, an apparently independent panel found him guilty of only one charge and a hefty fine the result, no doubt Cheika will be very pleased with that. The Wallabies' rep has been sadly downgraded by player egos dominating over team spirit (and attendances at test matches have dropped accordingly). I can live with these dickheads being given a chance to show they have learnt from their idiot mistakes but the Wallabies and ARU hierarchy must now learn from the All Blacks' culture and anyone who doesn't put the team above themselves must be given the arse - otherwise we will continue to be a laughing stock of the rugby world. Any player (or their management) who undermines the coach or administration by backgrounding journalists must be speared asap - that type of political bullshit severely damages a team - just ask Link. The ABs have more genuine stars than the Wallabies but we never hear of McCaw, Carter etc ever undermining the team. They keep it well under control, focus only on team performance and their on field results respond accordingly - we must learn from that discipline.

Given all this crap I am quite proud of the Force's moves to a no dickhead policy and our determination to put the team first - keep up the good works Foles and WF leadership group.
    Totally Agree! What a bunch of spineless *ANKERS! Can't believe he still has his contract!
    Thank God for the Force and Michael Foley! I am so bloody disappointed in the Wallabies and the ARU!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Channel 9 News reporting that KB will not be joining squad in Europe after discussion with Cheika

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    'God invented beer to prevent Props from taking over the world'

vCash
    Wallabies back Kurtley Beale has said he was "vindicated" by a hearing that fined him $45,000 for sending an offensive text message about a team staffer that triggered her resignation and brought down coach Ewen McKenzie.

Though carrying a poor off-field record, the 25-year-old walked away from Friday's code of conduct hearing with his national contract intact after the panel found he had not sent a second "more offensive" text to former business manager Di Patston as charged.

New coach Michael Cheika, however, declined to call up the 47-test utility back into his European tour squad for matches against Wales, France, Ireland and England.

"While I'm disappointed with the fine, I have been vindicated because I never told anything but the truth," Beale said in quotes published by News Ltd media on Sunday.

"That's why I fought so hard to clear my name. I would have taken this as far as I had to to prove to everyone that I have been honest throughout the entire process.

While I'm disappointed with the fine, I have been vindicated because I never told anything but the truth.

"I did the wrong thing with the only text message I sent. It was stupid and offensive but I was the first to look her in the eye and say I was genuinely really, really sorry.

"I always said I did not send the second one and the tribunal agreed it was not from my phone.

"I apologised to Di back in June, we hugged and cried over it and that's why I was so surprised when it became a big issue again. She and I agreed the case was closed and Ewen McKenzie was made aware of it."

Text messages leaked to Australian media showed Beale and an upset Patston had addressed the issue, with Patston ultimately agreeing to keep it from McKenzie and the Australian Rugby Union.

However, the saga was made public by the ARU earlier this month and Beale was stood down for matches against Argentina and New Zealand pending the hearing.

McKenzie denied any prior knowledge of the Patston-Beale text message affair after it was revealed by the ARU but resigned from his post just over a week later.

ARU chief Bill Pulver remains under fire for the governing body's handling of the case, but Beale's interview showed little time has been wasted to attempt to rehabilitate the player's tarnished public image.

"Now I want to concentrate on getting my fitness back and being part of the Wallabies' campaign leading up to the World Cup," Beale said.

"I miss playing with my best mates and can't wait to play under Michael Cheika with the Australian team.

"I have had some terrible lows in recent weeks, and been really down, but I feel I'm coming out of it now.

"It was a devastating time for me and I wondered if I would ever wear the Wallabies jersey again. But I just kept saying to myself the truth will win out in the end."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-10-2...?section=sport

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Patston’s anger revealed as Beale admits to sending pictures twice
    http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spor...-1227102924742

Now this is the first article that sounds vaguely accurate! Rugby doesn't need the three amigo's, interestingly neither does league! Piss em off I say!! We don't need this shit!

vCash
    Can you copy & paste that article? I Haven't subscribed to the Australian online

vCash

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    What happened at the hearing anyone know? The story in the media seemed to be that Patston and McKenzie could be called to give evidence but not compelled. Were they given the opportunity? If so, it doesn't do a lot for credibility to decline and then go to the press with your grievances about the evidence.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    There was comment in there some of paston's work history as put forward by her may not have been correct. Beale says i've told the truth, not really contrite about the text, just concerned about getting found out. Who knows were the truth lies now. But when these incidents are poorly managed, the wounds fester and do not heal.

I'll hazard a guess and say that the ARU wanted to give Beale his marching orders, but paston's history has probably meant that given beale the sack may have been too risky in terms of blowback, so they slapped him with a large fine.

Everyone at the ARU and in the wallabies should now have cup of concrete and keep quiet until Saturday. Beale to be called up as injury replacement halfway through the tour.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbasimplex View Post
    I'll hazard a guess and say that the ARU wanted to give Beale his marching orders, but paston's history has probably meant that given beale the sack may have been too risky in terms of blowback, so they slapped him with a large fine.
    Not really given Beale is off contract at the end of year, unless he has re-signed somewhere and it hasn't been announced.

vCash
    most importantly... who has the image in reference!?
    "obese, nude female crossbow hunter" comes up with a pearler in google image search!

vCash
    Going to go out on a limb and assume such a search is not safe for the workplace.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    It's safe mate.

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    So you lot are just as juvenile as Beale & Co? No more condemnations from here on in then.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    I still did it on my phone all the same!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash

Patston speaks out on Beale case

AAP
    October 27, 2014, 10:40 am

Former Wallabies business manager Di Patston says she felt bullied into not telling anyone about the lewd photos inadvertently sent to her because she was so embarrassed.

Patston has broken her public silence on the Wallabies texting scandal in the wake of the code of conduct hearing which fined Kurtley Beale $45,000 for sending an offensive image to her.

Beale escaped heavier sanction when cleared of being the instigator of a second, more offensive, photo and caption which was reportedly included. The author of that has yet to be revealed.

Speaking to The Australian, Patston appeared upset with the outcome of the tribunal.

"If it was one image or two or 20, what does it matter?" Patston asked.

"They were both of very obese women in a very derogatory way. I am overweight and they were both naked with everything exposed.

"He (Beale) doesn't know my background. I've had an ongoing illness myself and I'm on medication. There's a whole story behind it.

"I actually said to my dad I felt bullied into not telling anyone about the photos because I was embarrassed.

"I'm not good. Life is probably the worst it has ever been. I'm alive but there have been times I haven't wanted to be here."

The Australian received a leaked copy of Beale's statement in which he acknowledged he did not reveal to Patston when he initially apologised to her that he'd sent the offensive image to some Waratahs mates six days earlier on June 3.

"I did not tell Di any details, however, for fear of hurting her or inflaming the situation," Beale wrote in his statement.

She found out when sent a copy of the statement last Tuesday.

"Even as I was cuddling him, he said `I promise you, Di, I haven't sent this to anyone'," she said.

"It's like he played me for a fool. If he had said to me it was the second time he did it in the matter of seven days, no way, absolutely no way, would I have just said `That's OK'.

(* Readers seeking support and information about suicide prevention can contact Lifeline on 13 11 14 and Suicide Call Back Service 1300 659 467).

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sp...on-beale-case/

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast