Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: MICHAEL CHEIKA NEW QANTAS WALLABIES HEAD COACH AS SPRING TOUR SQUAD IS ANNOUNCED

Veteran
    vCash
    I thought Lealo played out of his skin. Actually gave us some attack in the centres, which toomua did not. and judging by the stats that he didn't miss a tackle, can't complain about his defence either. With him looking that good, it will be interesting if Kyle gets a run or not.

Higgers... a FLANKER, ONE tackle. that is terrible. better forward those stats to cheika...

was it just me, or was SImmons walking a lot against the all blacks? there seemed to be a couple of occasions that he was just meandering along, looked like he was ill or something.

Once again - Skelton is not ready for the international just yet. he needs to develop a little bit more to his game. he has the weight, yet he seems to go in a little soft. need to get a bit of rex in him!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    [QUOTE=UNCLE BOOG;388717]What about Harris as fullback cover? hes good under the high ball, not the best in defence, but can sure put boot to ball, whats happened to him? And Morohan? Where did all the hype over his running game go?[\quote]

good point about Harris, he didn't appear in my brain at the time of writing, and I didn't have any time to actually research. Re Mozza, I don't think he's really fullback cover and the side is bursting with Wingers. I'd rate Speight above him at the moment, so wouldn't pick Mozza right now (it would be nice to have to eat those words though!)

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Yeah, probably should have structured my comment better! Morohan was a brain fart, as he entered my thoughts! Agree about the wing stocks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha Handy View Post
    I think you need to rewatch the last game and probably a few before that, Kepu has been very good. Him and Slipper would be 2 of the first picked on the team sheet. Having said I agree Alexander should be gone and would prefer Weeks, Alo Emile or Cowan.
    Fair enough, like I said, it was pretty much off the cuff. I don't rate Weeks, but the Alo Emile option is an interesting one I hadn't considered. Young, promising, might have been a good one to blood this tour......

Would have also liked to have seen Neville included in the second row.
    I thought of Neville, but isn't he going OS and not available.....if I'm wrong with that I should have included him.

And are you seriously suggesting you would prefer Shatz in the team over Hooper? I know lots of people have an issue with Hooper not taking pilfers but this is a bit of a stretch!
    well, maybe I drew the bow a little long, but I was trying to point out Hooper's in effectiveness as a 7 by saying Schatz (or Gill, I expected more of a reaction from that call) would do more at the ruck. I distinctly remember watching one part of the ABs game where Hooper wasn't involved in any way in four successive rucks......I don't care how many touches he gets, how far he runs in attack or how well he involves the backs around him, if he misses 4 rucks in a row, he's not doing his job! (I did also suggest Alcock and Auelua, who I would name well before the Queenslanders)

C'mon the

vCash
    I have never agreed with Peter Fitzsimons so much as with this article. The biggest positive, I had thought, about the appointment of Chieka, despite the seemingly desperate circumstances of it, was that he is a self made man who could lay down his own conditions to the leather patch brigade. Surely he can't be contemplating bringing this vitriolic baboon back into the change rooms.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/au...22-119y3r.html

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    I have never agreed with Peter Fitzsimons so much as with this article. The biggest positive, I had thought, about the appointment of Chieka, despite the seemingly desperate circumstances of it, was that he is a self made man who could lay down his own conditions to the leather patch brigade. Surely he can't be contemplating bringing this vitriolic baboon back into the change rooms.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/au...22-119y3r.html
    WOW, Great article! Good to hear this sort of comment from someone who was actually there in those good old days of rugby. Also liked Fitzy's article about having a general meeting with all the players & giving them some hard truths that he wrote last week.

vCash
    Fitsimons is bitter and twisted because he didn't follow Jones' instructions and missed out on a few national teams.

The Fits loved a bit of biffo and never took a backward step. Respect for that. He always gave it everything and had passion and pride in spades.

Jones has an incredible eye for detail. He also has an extraordinary knowledge of human behaviour and what motivates it. Jones also has an extraordinary knowledge of executive level management and leadership. Jones knows what it takes for high level business and organisations to be successful

Jones is absolutely right about the Kurtley Beale issue being a symptom of poor management and team malaise. I think we should listen and take notes when he speaks about leadership and motivating people and about culture. The bloke is a genius in this area which is why he is so successful on a personal level.

Don't blame the messenger for the message.

Camp wallaby is producing players more focussed on hi jinx and mischief who are not fit enough and have unacceptable skill levels. That sh1te is cultural and is a reflection of management.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Controversy corner

vCash
    Rex is a fan. Now there's a surprise.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2