Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Ewen Link Mckenzie resigns

vCash
    What a c$ckshow. Looking great for the world cup. Who would want the wallaby gig now? Surely it's the most poisonous chalice in world rugby. Can see the ARU needing to sign up a coach for a fortune to work with the team (money it does not have), while the length of time to the RWC can only guarantee some mediocre performances.

Pulver then comes out and states he needed to have his hands across the coach and management. Seems like the NSWRU school of management dies hard (which killed link off once before). Beale is still on the playing roster and contracted by the ARU.

Scorched earth now. We need to start again. Anyone in management, coaching or the team who even has had a whisper of these events needs to be put to death and new fresh and innocent faces need to be seen.

At the end of the day Australian rugby fans are the ones being punished for this shite.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    In order for the ARU to save money, can we put together a team of Australians playing in Europe? I'm pretty sure we've got a handy group of backs, but are there enough forwards?

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Those cocky Kiwis need to be taken down a peg or TEN!!! Arrogant pricks ;-p

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbasimplex View Post
    What a c$ckshow. Looking great for the world cup. Who would want the wallaby gig now? Surely it's the most poisonous chalice in world rugby. Can see the ARU needing to sign up a coach for a fortune to work with the team (money it does not have), while the length of time to the RWC can only guarantee some mediocre performances.

Pulver then comes out and states he needed to have his hands across the coach and management. Seems like the NSWRU school of management dies hard (which killed link off once before). Beale is still on the playing roster and contracted by the ARU.

Scorched earth now. We need to start again. Anyone in management, coaching or the team who even has had a whisper of these events needs to be put to death and new fresh and innocent faces need to be seen.

At the end of the day Australian rugby fans are the ones being punished for this shite.
    And to rub salt into the wound, the A-League had huge crowds at all the games this past weekend!! We want what they're having!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    And to rub salt into the wound, the A-League had huge crowds at all the games this past weekend!! We want what they're having!
    To be fair a comparison the A-League would be compared to Super Rugby.

Good win by the Glory yesterday though

vCash
    Dunno what's worse now ... the England football coach's job or the Wallabies job ?!

vCash
    OK, so that article smells of pisstake to me, but I'd be delighted if the team had the stones to actually come out and do it.

It would be a frank admission that they haven't been good enough and want to earn their spot back. It would also be the catalyst for the ineffective and unfair Wallaby contracting system to be disbanded in favour of a system which values performance on the field over securing a player for the indeterminate future.

Bill Pulver, take note, the issues with this performance stretch far further than Ewen McKenzie, since two coaches in a row have demonstrated success at the provincial level only to have their careers destroyed by an environment which plainly doesn't see victory on the paddock as part of ANYBODY ELSE's KPIs.

Having thought about this for a bit, I think Rex is right. Michael Cheika (as much of an arse as the man is) is the only coach in the world who has been able to get the Waratahs to perform anywhere near their potential and as a result, might just be the man to dismantle the mediocrity-focussed environment that the Wallabies currently occupies.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbasimplex View Post
    ..... Who would want the wallaby gig now?.....
    I'll take it!
    Win\Win for me.
    I have no qualifications as a rugby coach and therefore wouldn't be expected to win any game anyway. Everything is a complete mess with the team etc.
    If Aus win a game while I'm coach I'm a miracle worker.
    If they lose then, well, what do you expect?

Red Carded
    vCash
    WTF not to sure what after match speech you were watching , but the kiwi captain and coach never once mentioned anything about the backstabbing of Ewan and were very gracious and humble in victory , where there was an opportunity to score political points and mock the situation in Australian rugby .NZ needs Aussie to be strong and competitive. Alison stick to the baking of scones and keep your uninformed comments to yourself the same way Di should have .

Red Carded
    vCash
    And that post was for Alison after her pathetic post
    Quote Originally Posted by sevenmile View Post
    WTF not to sure what after match speech you were watching , but the kiwi captain and coach never once mentioned anything about the backstabbing of Ewan and were very gracious and humble in victory , where there was an opportunity to score political points and mock the situation in Australian rugby .NZ needs Aussie to be strong and competitive. Alison stick to the baking of scones and keep your uninformed comments to yourself the same way Di should have .

vCash
    think she was referring to this mate:
    http://sportbox.co.nz/?p=508

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UNCLE BOOG View Post
    think she was referring to this mate:
    http://sportbox.co.nz/?p=508
    What the hell do you think you're doing using facts to moderate a kiwi jumping to an instant defense whenever anything to do with rugby in that nation is questioned as being anything other than perfect.

That's just racist!

C'mon the

vCash
    Correct Boog - I was.

Doesn't take much to bring out the sexist comments from Kiwis in my experience. Poor things have a long way to go in the evolution stakes.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    oh dear Alison-not one of your better posts

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    oh dear Alison-not one of your better posts
    Any criticism by you of the post from Sevenmile about me? No? Thanks for proving my point.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast