Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Kurtley Beale Stood Down

vCash
    There are ways to say put your uniform on and ways to start a fight about it.
    I also think long haul flights the day after your body has been smashed and you ache should allow for a little bit of leniancy.
    No doubt both were at fault here but it shouldn't have turned into a fight on a commercial airline. Not good management. Seek first to understand. The seven habits of successful people. Kurtley may havehad a reason. If he did not it could have been dealt with at the other end after everybody had had a night's sleep in a comfortable bed. Kurtley, I noticed you weren't wearing your uniform on the flight. We laid out dress code standards at the start of the test season. Help me understand why you broke the code? (Good reason....ok kurtley, ill let it slide this time but you are representing your country and more importantly, you are representing me and the standards I have set for this group. We want to be the best in the world. Do you want to be part. of the team that wins the world cup? Yes? Well behaviours drive performance. we believe in you kurtley which is why I selected you. I need you to buy into team standards in future. Do you understand why I had to talk to you about this? Ok, let's put in a great effort today at training to show the lads you want to be part of this team. A few of the boys were upset you broke Protocol......or a poor answer....kurtley, that isn't a good enough reason. This is a mild misdemeanor and I don't want to make a big deal of this however you have broken agreed protocol. When you don't follow team standards you put me under pressure to take action. There is 42 people in this group who were in uniform. If I do nothing, I'm saying to them standards don't count. They expect me to do something about this and if I don't they will question my authority and leadership. So, because this is only a minor infringement, I will accept an apology from you. You will apologize to the team before traing today and you will tell them in future you will follow team standards. You will tell them the coach will drop me next time I breach team standards. Next time you are in breach of the standards we have set, you will be dropped for one test. That would be a shame because I believe in you. Don't make me do it. I don't want to drop you but I will. Standards drive performance. Do you understand? Say it back to me. What will happen next time? What will you do before training today?
    No need for mile high hand bags.

-1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Controversy corner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by todd4 View Post
    I have it from a very unreliable source that Di didn't take the flight when Link drove her to the airport. She doubled back and went to the game and it was her that was shining the laser from a grassy knoll.

That is all. Dead Set!!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Thinking of the way the Force have managed to turn things around a bit this year, I wonder if Kurtley Beale might benefit from coming here instead? Could be worth seeing the effect Foley, Hodgo and the current team ethic have on him.

-2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    won't happen,thankfully

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chibi View Post
    Thinking of the way the Force have managed to turn things around a bit this year, I wonder if Kurtley Beale might benefit from coming here instead? Could be worth seeing the effect Foley, Hodgo and the current team ethic have on him.
    Not a negative about our club and player ethic but you mention KB and the force in same sentence a big no no

vCash
    Not KB but I did notice that Freuen, excuse spelling, has lost his gig at the 'Saders as SBW is back for some $$$. I must say I wouldn't mind seeing him If and when he's fit again.

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    Not KB but I did notice that Freuen, excuse spelling, has lost his gig at the 'Saders as SBW is back for some $$$. I must say I wouldn't mind seeing him If and when he's fit again.
    Nice theory. But SBW plays for the Chiefs.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Facts never get in the way of a good story around here Shasta

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Nice theory. But SBW plays for the Chiefs.
    Sorry wrong team but same result. http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,2...511123,00.html

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    Yep, at his best he's a fantastic player any team would like in their midfield. But I wonder what his health outlook is. He's had about three lots of heart surgery now I think. No doubt HQ would check that out. Even when he was playing great for the Crusaders he struggled to get 80 mins due to shortness of breath IIRC. Pity, that.

vCash
    The text message which could end Kurtley Beale's career

As Kurtley Beale's Australian rugby career hangs in the balance, the contents of the lewd text messages he sent have been revealed.

The ARU sent Beale a letter with the details of the two messages making reference to Wallabies business manager Di Patson. The messages included images of "extremely obese women" accompanied with the words "Di — who wants a go f...... this?”

It is reported that the text messages were sent to other Wallabies' teammates in June and Beale had accidentally copied Patson into the messages.

The letter to Beale from ARU General Counsel Richard Hawkins reads: “I refer to my earlier conversation with your manager, Isaac Moses, in relation to the distribution by you of texts which contained photos referencing ARU employee Di Patston. The texts were distributed in June this year. We received them from Ms Patston yesterday.

“The texts are not attached to this letter as, understandably, Ms Patston is extremely sensitive about them being circulated electronically. But as you will be aware: two of them contain photos of extremely obese women: one is accompanied by the caption ‘Di’, the other by the caption ‘Di — who wants a go f....... this?’ They are followed by a number of other texts where you apologise to Ms Patston for circulating them.

“We consider the distribution of the texts to be a serious breach of Section 3 of the ARU Code of Conduct. We would, however, like to discuss with you and Isaac options for dealing with this matter which take into account its particular sensitivities and the interests of all involved.”

Patson and Beale engaged in a well-publicised mid-flight confrontation on the team's recent trip to South America, resulting in Patson going on stress leave and later resigning.

Senior Wallabies players Adam Ashley-Cooper and Michael Hooper reportedly approached coach Ewen McKenzie to encourage Beale to apologise.

After learning of a meeting between Beale and McKenzie, Patston then made an official complaint to the ARU which lead to Beale being issued with the letter.

Beale has been suspended indefinitely by the ARU and will face a code of conduct hearing over the issue. His ARU contract is expected to be terminated, with a move to the NRL or French Rugby most likely.

https://au.sports.yahoo.com/rugby/ne...beales-career/

Beale's rap sheet

January 2007
    Beale is fined $1500 and banned from holding a licence for nine months for drink-driving while unlicensed.

June 2010
    Beale is found not guilty of assaulting his female cousin at a party.

July 2010
    Beale is fined $5000 by the ARU for urinating outside a nightclub in Brisbane

November 2010
    Beale is allegedly involved in altercation with Wallabies teammates Quade Cooper and James O'Connor in Paris.

June 2012
    Beale is accused of assaulting a bouncer at a Brisbane hotel.
    An assault charge was later thrown of court out after it was settled during out-of-court mediation.

March 2013
    Beale is fined $40,000 and suspended indefinitely following a punch-up with Melbourne Rebels teammates Cooper Vuna and Gareth Delve.
    Beale and Vuna were sent home from South Africa on separate flights following the incident on the Rebels team bus.

May 2013
    Beale is suspended for a second time in seven weeks by the Melbourne Rebels for breaching an alcohol ban.

June 2013
    Beale is photographed by a fan with Wallabies teammate James O’Connor at a Melbourne fast food outlet at 3.50am just days out from the second Test against the British and Irish Lions.
    The following week the pair missed the team bus for training after sleeping in and had to catch a taxi.

Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

vCash
    Wallabies captain Michael Hooper says Kurtley Beale does not deserve to be sacked

Wallabies captain Michael Hooper says Kurtley Beale does not deserve to be sacked but concedes he will have no influence on the two investigations into the troubled star.

Hooper insisted on Sunday the "team is tight" and backed besieged coach Ewen McKenzie, who has become embroiled in the fallout of Beale's messy spat with former team business manager Di Patston.

However, Hooper revealed the squad would hold an honesty session as early as Sunday night to express their thoughts on the latest controversy so everyone was on the same page ahead of Saturday night's third Bledisloe Cup clash with the All Blacks in Brisbane.

"It is worth doing as a playing group," Hooper said.

"We need to be honest with each other and that allows for on-field harmony. Once everyone is transparent then you can move forward.

"(But) the team is tight, you have got to be."

Australian rugby appears in turmoil amid two investigations into alleged misbehaviour by Beale towards Patston - who resigned on Friday - including claims he circulated an offensive text message about her.

Asked if Beale deserved to be sacked, Hooper said: "No....(but) with that stuff it is out of our hands.

"I hope KB stays in rugby union and Australian Rugby Union.

"We are backing Kurtley. I enjoy having him around the team and he is quality on the field."

Hooper said Beale, who has been stood down while under investigation, was "a bit rattled" by the latest controversy.

"KB has a chance to move away from it this week, distance himself from it," he said.

"Speaking to the boys who have spoken to KB he is a bit rattled but he's alright and understands the process in play at the moment."
    Standing by the coach

McKenzie is also under pressure with fears he is in danger of losing the dressing room as senior players side with Beale over the messy scandal.

McKenzie had to deny he was having an intimate relationship with Patston at a dramatic press conference last Friday.

Asked if he backed McKenzie, Hooper said: "We back everyone who is in the squad.

"And you have got to because we are about winning, and we need to get back to winning.

"I think it is a blessing in disguise that a lot of it was last week so we are able to focus on the footy stuff.

"At the end of the day we want to play rugby so it is not hard putting that stuff at the back of your mind.

"You have to try to bring positives out of negatives but it has to be done in the appropriate manner otherwise it is not going to happen.

"That's why this is a good week to get things together, but it has to be done now."

The 22-year-old Hooper said he would lean on experienced team-mates, like deputy Adam Ashley-Cooper who celebrates his 100th Test, on Saturday night to get through the toughest test of his captaincy.

"It is a massive learning curve," he said.

"But there are plenty of guys around who have offered their help. It's about using them and trying to find a way of moving forward."

AAP

'God invented beer to prevent Props from taking over the world'

vCash
    I really wish Stephen Moore hadn't injured his knee.... Hooper's an idiot

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WFDom View Post
    I really wish Stephen Moore hadn't injured his knee.... Hooper's an idiot
    After that run of cliche riddled dribble, I reckon your on the money. He should never been captain anyway. I wonder who drove that decision.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    After that run of cliche riddled dribble, I reckon your on the money. He should never been captain anyway. I wonder who drove that decision.
    Just another unfortunate bi-product of the Tahs success this year.

For mine it should have been AAC if anyone..... (behind Hodgo of course)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast