Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Wallabies 'don't have much respect for authority'

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Messup View Post
    That would get rid of all this sheltered workshop schoolboy teams that get @ss raped by the kiwis every year.

If the system don't work it needs to be changed.

The Oz schoolboys is a national embarrassment
    Not completely disagreeing, just modifying.

The system needs to be changed, no question, but to ignore schoolboys and promote only club players is only going to perpetuate the same problem in a couple of years, we will then see club rugby teams containing some great players and some mediocre players and Schoolboys teams containing some great players and some mediocre players, as long as there's a divide between the two we will have teams getting raped by the kiwis. We need to find a way of getting schoolboys and clubs to coexist and share their elite players in some way....we aren't big enough to do it any other way!

I'm not saying I have the answer, as you know I have seen some of the issues with the club/school thing first hand and I sure can't think of a way to make the schools change, similarly I can't think of a way to make clubs play rugby on a Wednesday (which is probably about where it would need to go to fit logically into what schools currently do) but the limited elite player pools NEED to be combined.

Oh, and back to topic, John Mitchell sounds like a bit of a twat with that comment, making ALL his issues at the force the fault of Australian rugby. No wonder the players didn't respect him much....that doesn't necessarily translate to a countrywide disrespect for Authority, just a disrespect for autonomous dictatorship

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    My perhaps cryptic point was that the same players would still have the opportunity to make representative teams but the teams would be picked from a bigger talent pool giving more people the opportunity. Currently, unless you go to a GPS school in Brisbane or Sydney, your chances aren't good of making it into higher rep teams. A lot of potentially good players drop out of the game when they finish school to follow work careers or play different sports.

The politics in the schoolboy rugby program is creating ripple effects through the entire game in this country.

I think John Mitchell has a good point. All this farking player power bullsh1t has to stop. Team first and that starts by buying in to the organisation culture and following the coaching staff instructions rather than generating undercurrents of discontent

Team work makes the dream work. Big ego's destroy team harmony.

Mitchell pushed them hard to get them off the cellar. Squealing and player revolts is embarrassing.

There is a reason the allblacks have been the bench mark for over 100 years............hard work and absolute devotion to excellence

I think we should listen to what Mitchell has to say. The ugly truth!

The wallabies aren't as fit as the allblacks and rarely have been. That is cultural

Controversy corner

vCash
    And, I'm not disagreeing with a jot of that.....but you need to agree that our player pool is not big enough to sustain a division between club and school.

An you can't tell me that club rugby is devoid of politics and favoritism, can you? Need I point you towards any community rugby thread posted o this venerable site?

We DO need to become meritocratic and performance oriented, but simplistically swapping from the Chardonnay set to the beer drinkers isn't going to solve that.....the fractures are deeper!

C'mon the

vCash
    Remove the school/club angst by simply having state and national age group championships (I'm not referring to the state representative teams here). Any team conforming to the age qualifications can compete/win said competitions, either club or school. Current school/club competitions are preserved as the pool games of the various state championships, with playoffs to find the state champions and national champions. Seems fairly simple to me if the money can be found to support it (and bribe the schools to be part of it).

Both clubs and schools are necessary as not every school will want to be involved.

It would be very interesting to see some of the fancied GPS schools run up against some of the sports highs, particularly in Sydney.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    It would be similarly interesting in Perth.

C'mon the

vCash
    I presumed so but I don't have the knowledge of the Perth school scene to comment directly.

vCash
    Trying to give muveryho via a phone! but agree with Tazz! There doesn't appear to be the honor in the gold jersey as in ABs @ Boks! Very sad! Also agree with Alison our boys are not given the credit they deserve!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2