Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Wallabies vs South Africa - Perth, September 6th

Senior Player
    vCash
    I think the backline is what most people called for, good to see. Carter and Fardy need to step up this week, I thought Horwill may have started.

Great to see Hodgo there but still a bit surprised they selected him ahead of an outside back. I am guessing they might be thinking of bringing him on at 6 for Fardy for the last 20 minutes because I don't think they will bench Hooper.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Veteran
    vCash
    yeah, i could only see Fardy coming off. He has been quiet and never seems to be over the ball, which i was told he was good at.

Maybe warming him up for captain in the test after ??

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Palu and Fardy - enough said.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha Handy View Post
    I think the backline is what most people called for, good to see. Carter and Fardy need to step up this week, I thought Horwill may have started.

Great to see Hodgo there but still a bit surprised they selected him ahead of an outside back. I am guessing they might be thinking of bringing him on at 6 for Fardy for the last 20 minutes because I don't think they will bench Hooper.
    Hell will freeze over before they even think about taking Hooper off voluntarily.

vCash
    At least Matt's is to get game time - has some sense finally prevailed? The only downside is that if the Boks get way ahead on the score - Hodgo comes in & its too late to make impact, so they'll use that as an excuse to drop him in future games. Pity commensense couldn't stretch to have Benny Mac as well for the combo. Bloody Higgers is hopeless.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Is benny mac injured? I think I heard on here a groin strain?

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    will not only have the marquee set up in the car park to accommodate the crowds, there will also be a screen or screens in the marquee area for the telecast of the All Blacks v Argentina prior to everyone heading to Subi Oval.

Get in early and get out late

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UNCLE BOOG View Post
    Is benny mac injured? I think I heard on here a groin strain?
    I read somewhere that he was nursing a groin strain and it was why he didn't play for the Spirit at the weekend

vCash
    saw Benny training with the squad at McGilvray yesterday so don't think he's injured. Just preference given to bloody Higgers for some reason. Benny's outplayed Higgers the whole season so don't understand the the selection.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    saw Benny training with the squad at McGilvray yesterday so don't think he's injured. Just preference given to bloody Higgers for some reason. Benny's outplayed Higgers the whole season so don't understand the the selection.
    I do he's a Force player! Wouldnt do at all to have too many on the paddock! May show favoritism! Cheesh!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    training is a bit less intense than a game though.
    he might still be a wee bit sore, would you prefer we risk him for the season?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Collingwood aren't playing finals so probably not.
    Shit! That means we probably won't get any takers for the GF tickets this year.

-1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Shit! That means we probably won't get any takers for the GF tickets this year.
    Don't lose hope The Dockers are still in with a chance

vCash
    South Africa rugby team make six changes for Australia Test

AFP
    September 3, 2014, 1:50 pm

Perth (Australia) (AFP) - South Africa on Wednesday overhauled their team for the clash against Australia this weekend, making six changes for a game in which Bryan Habana will reach the 100 Test milestone.

The Springboks survived a scare against Argentina in their last Rugby Championship outing last month, bouncing back from 12 points down to edge the match in Salta 33-31.

The scrums were a particular problem for the two-time world champions and coach Heyneke Meyer made four changes to his pack for Saturday's match, bringing in Marcell Coetzee, veteran Victor Matfield, Adriaan Strauss and Tendai Mtawarira.

He also recalled Jan Serfontein and the experienced Morne Steyn to the backline.

As a result, Bismarck du Plessis, Lood de Jager and Damian de Allende shift to the bench, joining Trevor Nyakane, Marcel van der Merwe, Pat Lambie, Francois Hougaard and Warren Whiteley as replacements.

"We were always planning in moving our personnel around during the competition," said Meyer ahead of the match in Perth against a Wallaby side reeling from a 51-20 humiliation by New Zealand.

"The only new player in the team is Warren (Whiteley), whom I'm very happy for and excited to see what he can do. He covers all three positions in the loose trio and can make an impact later in the game.

"It's also good to see Pat (Lambie) back in the frame. He's completed his comeback from a long-term injury and will provide necessary bench cover for fly-half and fullback."

With Australia desperate to recover from their flogging by the All Blacks, Meyer said that would pose an even bigger threat than normal.

"Saturday's Test against Australia will take a massive effort from every member of our squad," he said.

"We're not looking at their recent result against New Zealand and we know they will be a tough opponent.

"Similarly, we need to move on from our victories over Argentina, which are now in the past. This is a new challenge and one we have to overcome to stay alive in the competition."

The match will notable for Habana pulling on a Springbok jersey for the 100th time, only the fourth South African to reach the milestone after Percy Montgomery, John Smit and Victor Matfield.

The 31-year-old winger, who made his debut against England at Twickenham in 2004, holds the record for the most Test tries (56) for South Africa, placing him fourth on the all-time international list.

"This is an unbelievable achievement by Bryan, who is someone every South African can be immensely proud of," said Meyer.

"Bryan is a true professional and someone who never gives anything but his best, on the field and off it. For him to reach this magnificent milestone is just reward for years of dedication and hard work."

South Africa (15-1) - Willie le Roux; Cornal Hendricks, Jan Serfontein, Jean de Villiers (capt), Bryan Habana; Morne Steyn, Ruan Pienaar; Duane Vermeulen, Marcell Coetzee, Francois Louw; Victor Matfield, Eben Etzebeth; Jannie du Plessis, Adriaan Strauss, Tendai Mtawarira

Replacements: Bismarck du Plessis, Trevor Nyakane, Marcel van der Merwe, Lood de Jager, Warren Whiteley, Francois Hougaard, Pat Lambie, Damian de Allende

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sp...ustralia-test/

vCash
    Ha! Hodgo comes on, immediately makes a steal.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast