Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: 2nd Test vs All Blacks Thread

vCash
    There's no urgency around after a result like this, and this is not the first time this has happened.

FFS, this should be treated like "WE HAVE JUST LOST TO TONGA" back in 1973; except this time it's Samoa, twice to Scotland and being made to look third-tier against a team we used to relish beating regularly. To me it's a crisis, just like back then, and a serious overhaul is needed.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    After reading Scott Allens article yesterday, am still gobsmacked at the inference that the Wallabies team was shifted so Beale could play his 'natural' style of crabbing sideways! FFS! They could've done with Badger on the wing instead of Folau refusing to pass, but NO - gotta move the whole team to suit Beale to make sure he stays in Union, But can't find the dosh to keep Badger in the country. Really sickens me- have lost all faith in ARU & Link.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    A terrible effort. Poor basic skills. Problems from the first test not addressed.

What really gets me is that the wallabies players did not seem overly bothered to have lost when standing around after the game. They should have been gutted....

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Veteran
    vCash
    from what i have seen so far, Toomua looked good in defines... some strong hits

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Invictus View Post

What really gets me is that the wallabies players did not seem overly bothered to have lost when standing around after the game. They should have been gutted....
    Completely agree!! Matched by Hooper's demeanour in the post-match interview. Was like they'd lost a training game!

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    what worries me is what the Pumas scrum is going to do to us!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Completely agree!! Matched by Hooper's demeanour in the post-match interview. Was like they'd lost a training game!
    Of more concern to me Alison was Hooper's manner when walking back onto the pitch after half-time.

His side is down 23:6 and pre-restart he walked around smiling and joking with anybody who would listen.

I like Michael Hooper and the way he plays rugby but I can't help but think that the ARU and Link have not done him a favour by making him Captain.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    Of more concern to me Alison was Hooper's manner when walking back onto the pitch after half-time.

His side is down 23:6 and pre-restart he walked around smiling and joking with anybody who would listen.

I like Michael Hooper and the way he plays rugby but I can't help but think that the ARU and Link have not done him a favour by making him Captain.
    What if he was saying to the boys
    "Remember, Mcaw got sent to the sin bin; so miracles can happen! "

- _ - lots more relevant stuff to be annoyed and worried about from this game IMO

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Michael Hooper should have committed hara-kiri post game....

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Word (although not official) from HQ is that Cheesy will be "out" for some time. No confirmation of injury, but my guess is a torn pec, a rib would be a "quicker" recovery generally

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    Word (although not official) from HQ is that Cheesy will be "out" for some time. No confirmation of injury, but my guess is a torn pec, a rib would be a "quicker" recovery generally
    Oh dear.

vCash
    I haven't watched a replay of the match so can only comment from wearing my black eye patch at the time....but from an intoxicated memory the Gold scrum held it's own when it was 8 v 8 (ABs had the slightly better plate form on their feed).

This media hype (fox sports & ARU) don't help Gold either, nor does Allan Jones and his BS. I like Aussie when they keep it basic, have no fear and relish the under-dog tag....that's when they just go about their business.

and Hooper's not hardnosed enough, just look after the game when he was called up onto the stage, 'Who me, do they want me, what do they want.' A lost kid!! HODGO was needed!!

that begs another question to be asked, did Aussie have it's best 23 players who were available out there? I know NZ did!

Aussie to bounce back against the Bokkas and Pumas to finish 2nd behind the mighty ABs

Champion
    vCash
    I'd agree with that Pacman. When Carter was in the bin it was the only time the Aussie scrum got done. The major difference being the AB's tight five skill level and venom in defence.
    Passive defence is purely and simply a mindset thing that can be fixed up.
    Couple of lucky 50-50 turnovers and it was all over. Don't know who coaches the Wallaby ball carriers to cart the ball into contact but those cough up's were schoolboy errors and again nothing that can't be fixed.
    On the couple of rare occasions the Wallaby backs did get good front foot ball they made decent inroads.
    Hooper to my way of thinking would be a lot more effective playing in a 12 jersey and thought that last season as well.
    Most Kiwi's I talk to seem to give the Wallabies more credit than their own supporters do

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    they can afford to,can't they?

vCash
    Hooper is not a leader of men..... he's a jumped up steroid jawed upstart who appears to be believing his own hype.

The Wallabies need a McCaw / Reid / Bismark / (even) Robshaw type to lead from the front. Until this happens we can expect only limited success.

Hodgo is a leader of men! But, sadly, he would only be a short term answer

Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast