Thread: Coach disappointed at Nadolo racial abuse

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash

Coach disappointed at Nadolo racial abuse

AAP
    By Alastair Bull
    August 4, 2014, 11:30 am

Crusaders coach Todd Blackadder says racial abuse of winger Nemani Nadolo is disappointing and shouldn't be tolerated by anyone.

Nadolo, whose power on the left wing was a key factor in taking the Crusaders to last Saturday's Super Rugby final, took to Twitter to outline his frustration.

"After all I've done to contribute to tis lovely city of christchurch to be called a UN FIT CHUBBY NIGGA is disappointing #hurtful," the Fijian-born winger said.

It's believed the abuse came when he was drinking with teammates at a bar in Christchurch on Sunday evening.

Blackadder told AAP that Nadolo didn't tell anybody about the abuse at the time but went straight home, from where he tweeted about 2.50am.

"It was just an idiot, someone from the general public made some pretty degrading and derogatory racial slurs," Blackadder said.

"It's always really disappointing. These things really hurt and shouldn't be condoned or tolerated by anyone."

Blackadder says Nadolo's decision not to react or tell his teammates reflected well on him, as the incident potentially could have escalated otherwise.

He said Nadolo had moved on and had forgiven his abuser.

Former Blues player Ben Atiga replied on Twitter that "one of my first outings there was quite similar", but Blackadder said the abuser's views and actions weren't typical.

"You'd find 99.99 per cent of our city and our fans would never use that language, or tolerate it," he said.

"These comments do not reflect the wonderful people of Canterbury and Christchurch."

Nadolo later added "Thank u 2 all 4 the kind tweets. whatever has been said is said. I'm just blessed 2 b here. not gonna let one person ruin it. #movingon".

Blackadder said the team wanted to retain Nadolo for the next couple of years and negotiations were going well but he hadn't re-signed as yet.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sp...-racial-abuse/

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Poor bugger, shouldn't have to hear that sort of stuff. Reminds me of poor old Pat Lam copping it when the Blues weren't doing too well back in 2012

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by chibi; 05-08-14 at 19:39.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    The Tweeter is weak to hide behind a phone.. He is most probably a twisted arm chair critic that could never have even made it to a game let alone play the game... So Sad when in the end we are all here to enjoy the game win or loose.. Rugby is the game played in heavan and on earth...

I am sure the person behind the tweet has never look around themselve and realised they lives in one of the worlds most mutlicutural countries..

Crawl back in ya hole tweeter you are lower than the earth itself

Nemani Nadolo or any human does not deserve this low life Tag

vCash
    It wasn't a racist tweet, if it were the culprit would have been tracked down by now.

It's believed the abuse came when he was drinking with teammates at a bar in Christchurch on Sunday evening.
    On the money regarding the bloke being a low life.

vCash
    Correction you are right Jargs I miss read the post But he was a game person to abuse him face to face then

vCash
    Still a dick move

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!