Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 134

Thread: Joondalup Secure Future With Finals Berth

  1. #31
    Champion NTT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    location location
    Posts
    2,209
    vCash
    5000000
    There's still water to go under the bridge yeahbaby. That's what you have to realise in what we are saying. If you are promoted and get smoked every week which is very possible with your current squad your 'enviable' club 'spirit' will disappear soon enough.
    I mean I can say that I want to be a brain surgeon but if I don't have the accreditation and meet criteria my ambition and dreams are just that, hot air.
    The comp quirk that fucked things is hosting 2 games played by 4 teams instead of hosting 5 games played by 10 teams which brings some 200/300 more people to the host clubs. That's $1000s of difference to a club's bottom line. Forfeiting lower grades has an impact on things too. If things go bad will you field 3 rd graders against prems standard players. You'll become the next wanneroo.
    If it goes well then good, we'll support you guys. Making outrageous statements that premier grade is a given right is fantasy stuff. Reality needs to be satisfied too.
    Dickhead.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count and those that can't

  2. #32
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    81
    vCash
    5100000
    Give Joondalup a go in prems, how much worse could they do than wanneroo? I don't want to seem disrespectful but without points from bye rounds they finished on 1 point, and lost all 16 of their games while conceding 900+points (average of 50+points per game). Maybe joondalup would finish last with no points, or maybe they would be competitive and turn a few heads, the doubters and negativity is what is suffocating the level of competition in WA.

    rugby WA need to be a bit more forthcoming with their intent for the game also, it would give a lot less to whinge about if everyone knew exactly the plan for the next couple of years is, and maybe have some POSITIVE input into the best way to achieve it (be it in some peoples opinion not what they would do if they were in charge).

    Lets enjoy the finals series, rest and then focus on next season.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  3. #33
    Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    booragoon
    Posts
    5,311
    vCash
    5080000
    Dry July! TWF Competition Winner! MO-vember Donator TWF Contributor!
    I see a certain post has been deleted.

    Therefore I will delete my response to it.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  4. #34
    Champion MI5_Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Rockingham
    Posts
    1,724
    vCash
    5300000
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyGOAT View Post
    Give Joondalup a go in prems, how much worse could they do than wanneroo? I don't want to seem disrespectful but without points from bye rounds they finished on 1 point, and lost all 16 of their games while conceding 900+points (average of 50+points per game). Maybe joondalup would finish last with no points, or maybe they would be competitive and turn a few heads, the doubters and negativity is what is suffocating the level of competition in WA.

    rugby WA need to be a bit more forthcoming with their intent for the game also, it would give a lot less to whinge about if everyone knew exactly the plan for the next couple of years is, and maybe have some POSITIVE input into the best way to achieve it (be it in some peoples opinion not what they would do if they were in charge).

    Lets enjoy the finals series, rest and then focus on next season.
    Just to play devils advocate, why not just get rid of Wanneroo as well?
    Or, if it was a case of 'we're equally as shit as that team' then why not let all the teams that want to be in premier league be in premier league?

    as an outsider all these arguments about Joondalup seem to be summed up as 'We should be in premier league because we want to be'

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  5. #35
    Champion zed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    perth
    Posts
    1,264
    vCash
    5010000
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyGOAT View Post
    Give Joondalup a go in prems, how much worse could they do than wanneroo?
    It's not just about having a good 1st XV in prems, Joondalup will be required to have a reserves side plus a Champ A side as well as an U19 team. This year their reserves went well finishing 4th, but their Champ A and Champ B sides, finished bottom* and 2nd from bottom, respectively. Their prems side will get injuries and they will need to be calling on guys that are good enough to play at that level. They don't have those players. As it stands, I'd imagine they would have 3 or 4 prems calibre players, the rest are reserve standard, but the players from Champ A and Champ B are obviously not up to scratch hence their results. So really for Joondalup to be competitive in Prems next year, they need to recruit 35+ players that are 1st/2nd grade standard. I'm not being mean-spirited and saying Joondalup shouldn't be in prems, but you need to look at the big picture. They run the risk of being thrown in at the deep end, with perhaps a competitive prems side, but weak reserves & Champ A sides. What eventuates is - injuries, players get moved up, teams start getting thumped, players leave etc etc etc As Rockingham and Wanneroo have demonstrated over the past few years, you cannot get by simply relying on 15 good players. Look at Nedlands, if all their reserves were killed in a plane crash on a rugby tour (god forbid), prems they can pull up ex state players still in good shape from their champ A or champ B teams. The only realistic option for Joondalup to succeed in prems next year is if RWA, allow them to forgo having a reserves side.



    *Not including teams that defaulted mid-season

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  6. #36
    Veteran Ecky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    2,691
    vCash
    5294000
    If you amalgamated Wanneroo & Joondalup
    and Rockingham and Mandurah...

    No, wait

    2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  7. #37
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    81
    vCash
    5100000
    Quote Originally Posted by zed View Post
    It's not just about having a good 1st XV in prems, Joondalup will be required to have a reserves side plus a Champ A side as well as an U19 team. This year their reserves went well finishing 4th, but their Champ A and Champ B sides, finished bottom* and 2nd from bottom, respectively. Their prems side will get injuries and they will need to be calling on guys that are good enough to play at that level. They don't have those players. As it stands, I'd imagine they would have 3 or 4 prems calibre players, the rest are reserve standard, but the players from Champ A and Champ B are obviously not up to scratch hence their results. So really for Joondalup to be competitive in Prems next year, they need to recruit 35+ players that are 1st/2nd grade standard. I'm not being mean-spirited and saying Joondalup shouldn't be in prems, but you need to look at the big picture. They run the risk of being thrown in at the deep end, with perhaps a competitive prems side, but weak reserves & Champ A sides. What eventuates is - injuries, players get moved up, teams start getting thumped, players leave etc etc etc As Rockingham and Wanneroo have demonstrated over the past few years, you cannot get by simply relying on 15 good players. Look at Nedlands, if all their reserves were killed in a plane crash on a rugby tour (god forbid), prems they can pull up ex state players still in good shape from their champ A or champ B teams. The only realistic option for Joondalup to succeed in prems next year is if RWA, allow them to forgo having a reserves side.



    *Not including teams that defaulted mid-season
    Wanneroo;
    reserves - Last
    Champ A - defaulted
    Champ B - 12th
    Champ C - Last

    you cant tell me that this team is competitive in any grade either (i am not trying to bag wanneroo) , I don't think getting rid of teams is the way to go (what happened to rocky), teams need to be given the benefit of the doubt and a couple of years to try rebuild before anything drastic. but if a team is on the way up why should we stop the momentum. if Joondalup get premier status i'm sure that recruiting would have to be done, but no one really gave them too much hope this year and they have done a pretty good job. Why cant we look at the slight ray of light in what has been a pretty average season. Maybe JB need 1 more in year in reserves to give time to recruit. i am just trying to be positive for rugby in WA instead of the constant moaning i see on this site.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  8. #38
    Champion zed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    perth
    Posts
    1,264
    vCash
    5010000
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyGOAT View Post
    Wanneroo;
    reserves - Last
    Champ A - defaulted
    Champ B - 12th
    Champ C - Last

    you cant tell me that this team is competitive in any grade either (i am not trying to bag wanneroo) , I don't think getting rid of teams is the way to go (what happened to rocky), teams need to be given the benefit of the doubt and a couple of years to try rebuild before anything drastic. but if a team is on the way up why should we stop the momentum. if Joondalup get premier status i'm sure that recruiting would have to be done, but no one really gave them too much hope this year and they have done a pretty good job. Why cant we look at the slight ray of light in what has been a pretty average season. Maybe JB need 1 more in year in reserves to give time to recruit. i am just trying to be positive for rugby in WA instead of the constant moaning i see on this site.
    The point I'm driving at really, is RWA need to restructure local rugby. It's simply not possible for clubs like Wanneroo and Rockingham to produce 3 competitive teams in prems, reserves and Champ A. At least not for the next 4 - 5 years. RWA have always required prem teams provide teams in the top 3 divisions irrespective of players. Wanneroo would not be in the situation they are now, if say 3 - 4 years ago, we were allowed to not have either a reserves side or a Champ A side, similarly for Rockingham.

    Joondalup can succeed in prems, but they will need to recruit a massive amount of players, if they don't have a sugar daddy I can't see them succeeding. Thats not me being a negative nelly, I'm just looking at Wanneroos situation and drawing obvious parallels. It may be pertinent for JB to hold off a year or 2, ensure their Champ A and Champ B sides are competitive and then move up.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by zed; 05-08-14 at 13:28.

  9. #39
    Immortal GIGS20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Rockingham
    Posts
    18,310
    vCash
    5406000
    The Bronze Star of Faith
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
    If you amalgamated Wanneroo & Joondalup
    and Rockingham and Mandurah...
    You would be able to snow ski in Hell?

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

  10. #40
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    yanchep
    Posts
    41
    vCash
    5000000
    I thought everyone loved an underdog story guess i was wrong?? With a massive junior base and club support which i would say has doubled from last year the brothers are coming its not "if" but "when" we will become a premier club and everyone knows it

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  11. #41
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    2,815
    vCash
    5004000
    Quote Originally Posted by zed View Post
    The point I'm driving at really, is RWA need to restructure local rugby. It's simply not possible for clubs like Wanneroo and Rockingham to produce 3 competitive teams in prems, reserves and Champ A. At least not for the next 4 - 5 years. RWA have always required prem teams provide teams in the top 3 divisions irrespective of players. Wanneroo would not be in the situation they are now, if say 3 - 4 years ago, we were allowed to not have either a reserves side or a Champ A side, similarly for Rockingham.

    Joondalup can succeed in prems, but they will need to recruit a massive amount of players, if they don't have a sugar daddy I can't see them succeeding. Thats not me being a negative nelly, I'm just looking at Wanneroos situation and drawing obvious parallels. It may be pertinent for JB to hold off a year or 2, ensure their Champ A and Champ B sides are competitive and then move up.
    Is it possible that by just giving JB reserve grade, that their ability to recruit fringe players would have increased? People who lived near the north, but travelled to play Prems may have gone back to their home club. (OMG loyalty... blah blah blah)

    Why would a quality reserve player looking to play prems move to joondalup, only to play reserves still.

    There is an argument to made that only going to res has tied JBs hands in recruitment.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  12. #42
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    81
    vCash
    5100000
    Quote Originally Posted by zed View Post
    The point I'm driving at really, is RWA need to restructure local rugby. It's simply not possible for clubs like Wanneroo and Rockingham to produce 3 competitive teams in prems, reserves and Champ A. At least not for the next 4 - 5 years. RWA have always required prem teams provide teams in the top 3 divisions irrespective of players. Wanneroo would not be in the situation they are now, if say 3 - 4 years ago, we were allowed to not have either a reserves side or a Champ A side, similarly for Rockingham.
    I totally agree RWA need to restructure local rugby and they need to be forthcoming with their plan/end result because it seems alot of people are unhappy with the way its going at the moment (that and/or a huge resistance to change). if RWA are playing around with league structures without a plan then its fair enough that people are fed up (anyone shed any light on this?).

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  13. #43
    Champion zed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    perth
    Posts
    1,264
    vCash
    5010000
    Quote Originally Posted by palitu View Post
    Is it possible that by just giving JB reserve grade, that their ability to recruit fringe players would have increased? People who lived near the north, but travelled to play Prems may have gone back to their home club. (OMG loyalty... blah blah blah)

    Why would a quality reserve player looking to play prems move to joondalup, only to play reserves still.

    There is an argument to made that only going to res has tied JBs hands in recruitment.
    The brothers won't have a problem recruiting prems players, they'll have a problem recruiting reserves and Champ A players. That's where they will struggle.

    2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  14. #44
    Player Kev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    SoR
    Posts
    346
    vCash
    5004000
    Quote Originally Posted by zed View Post
    Wanneroo would not be in the situation they are now, if say 3 - 4 years ago, we were allowed to not have either a reserves side or a Champ A side, similarly for Rockingham.
    But that was a key issue ... Rocky were allowed to live with Prems & a very weak Reserve grade and a social Champ B. That was a fundamental issue with the club & RWA ... why were they allowed to have a gap in the teams ... a gap that raised problems with other clubs this season ... but was fine for several years at Rocky???

    A gap in teams has consistently brought clubs into trouble.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  15. #45
    Player
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    152
    vCash
    5000000
    Quote Originally Posted by zed View Post
    The brothers won't have a problem recruiting prems players, they'll have a problem recruiting reserves and Champ A players. That's where they will struggle.

    They will also need to hold on to all there players and coaches when the poaching season starts which is just around the corner

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Force Eye Maiden Finals Berth
    By Darren in forum Western Force
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-01-11, 07:42
  2. NEDLANDS SECURE GRAND FINAL BERTH
    By RugbyWA in forum Western Australian Metro Rugby
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 22-08-10, 19:39
  3. Sharpe hopeful of finals berth
    By travelling_gerry in forum Super Rugby
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-04-09, 19:31
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 26-06-07, 15:06
  5. Joondalup Arena Secure Western Force / Japan Matches
    By Darren in forum Front Page News
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 07-07-06, 10:11

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •