Thread: Nick Cummins, aka the Honey Badger, leaves fans in Perth with ultimate Aussie farewel

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash

Nick Cummins, aka the Honey Badger, leaves fans in Perth with ultimate Aussie farewel

SAM CLENCH
    news.com.au
    July 07, 2014 7:37AM

CULT hero Nick Cummins, otherwise known as the Honey Badger, played his final home game for the Western Force this weekend.

The Wallabies winger is off to Japan, where his tryscoring talents and practically unintelligible language will undoubtedly dazzle the locals.

But Cummins’ fans in Perth got to hear his folksy phrases one last time after the Force’s victory over Queensland on Saturday. The Badger was certainly enjoying himself.

“Mate, dig a hole and bury me, it doesn’t get much better,” he said in an interview after the game.

“The old boy over here (his dad), he’s come down for the trip, across the Nullarbor. But yeah, it’s great to have a win here, in front of the Sea of Blue again. Possibly for the last time, but I haven’t heard no fat lady yet, so we’ll take it from there.”

The Force could still make the Super Rugby finals, but probably won’t finish high enough on the competition’s ladder to earn another game in Perth.

That might suit Cummins, who couldn’t have dreamt up a more appropriate farewell. He grabbed a try in his last home game, latching onto a long pass from lock-forward Sam Wykes — an unlikely playmaker — and crashing over the line.

“I’ve come across. I’ve gone Wykesy yeah, give it, give it. He goes no no no, he pushed me, he pushed me out,” Cummins said.

“I’m thinkin’, Wykesy’s going to throw a long ball here, how’s this gonna go? Fair dinkum, flicks it across, bloody caught it, off like a bride’s nightie, meaty, corner, celebrations.com. It’s bloody outstanding.”

As sorely as we’ll miss the Badger’s eccentric running style, his place on the Wallabies’ wing can be filled. His contribution to our nation’s vernacular, however, is irreplaceable.

This is the man who gave us iconic expressions such as “sweatin’ like a gypsy with a mortgage” and “holy tomorrow!” Add “off like a bride’s nightie” to the list as well.

You can find a larger selection of the Honey Badger’s best quotes at this link. Or if you’d prefer to remember him in song, listen to the stirring tribute below.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/ni...-1226980296423

meaty, corner, celebrations.com - I'm still laughing

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    We could still finish 4th, I think. It needs some results to go our way, but beating the Brumbies with 4 tries would be a good start. Then we could have another home game!

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    We could still finish 4th, I think. It needs some results to go our way, but beating the Brumbies with 4 tries would be a good start.
    All we need is to win and hope the Blues and Crusaders get the job done before bonus points come into it.

If the Chiefs pick a BP win then yes we would need one as well.

vCash
    HB you will be sorely missed! I sincerely hope the "Fat Lady doesn't get to sing" and we see you back here in Perth wearing Force colours! Sooner than expected!

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!