Thread: Where are they Now?

vCash

Where are they Now?

Coming up to this weekends game against Samoa, I was wondering where half our squad is and whether they are going to be available for the game this weekend.

Some are in the wallabies squad, whilst some have been named in the Aust A squad and some have been mentioned as playing in the local league.

But where are Henjak and Mackay? Does anyone know?

If anyone saw the local games on Sat, are there any match reports on the likes of Hilgendorf and Brown?

Also - Player Update - found this on the web earlier today:

"Meanwhile, four Western Force players have been cut from next season's squad.

Winger Gavin DeBartolo, five-eighth Ben Ward, prop David Te Moana and halfback Vitori Buatava have all been told their services will not be required."

But I see that Te Moana has been listed as playing club rugby last weekend. Any others that we know of?

Departing:
    Tim Davidson
    Josh Graham
    Gavin DeBartolo
    Ben Ward
    David Te Moana
    Vitori Buatava
    John Welbourne

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    There's no reason why Henjak, and MacKay won't be playing against Samoa if they are fit. Buatava and Te Moana are still available for APC (including matches between now and APC). I wouldn't be surprised, due to our shortage of locks, if Welborn put on his boots.

Apparently Hilgendorf played awesome at flyhalf for Wests and Brown played 7 for Cottesloe.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Matt Henjak was just on ABC TV News and will be available to start in the WF Gold fixtures. It may have been old footage but in the background was one very fit and focused Wobber Welborn, you may be onto something RF!
    It is one disapointing aspect of the RugbyWA site that it doesn't keep their supporters (or Members for that matter!) more up to date with player availabilities/injuries etc and the movements of players as discussed above.
    Hopefully now things are bedding in a lot of these issues will be sorted in their second season.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    I think RugbyWA does a fantastic job with their website. But they can't release stuff that is subject to change. I went to a seminar on it and they strategically release information to coincide with other events.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Fair point RF however the very nature of having a top website is having the ability to have lists that are subject to change.
    There are many examples of sporting websites that have injured lists that are updated weekly or as the players status changes.
    It is also easy enough to put the injured list on the bottom of any team selection list. Once the systems are inplace it is a very easy process.
    Supporters by definition support their team and this includes supporting those who are unfit or unwell in their thoughts and, dare I say, even prayers.
    I think our humble little site gives a tiny insight into the possabilities of what can be acheived online with relatively little outlay and a group of keen supporters to help.
    Often Force current events are reported on their own site some days after the official announcement and other online sources (including TWF) have reported the issue and even hours after the ARU have announced the same news.
    I agree to the extent that I think RugbyWA has a very good information site but it is missing a great opportunity to be proactive and lead the rugby pack into the online world.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Burgs, have you thought about emailing Crispin Roberts and ask him information that you would like to know. I am sure he would be willing to help if he can. Off the top of my head his email is crispin.roberts@rugbywa.com.au

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    I saw Mackay at a launch Force was associated with last Sat...he's looking fit and keen..

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    I think the novelty would wear off for him if I emailed him every week though RF

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Burgs - I totally agree.

I think because this is our maiden off season, RugbyWA should have put more effort into what is happening with our players. The other 3 Australian S14 teams have been running for over 10 years. So all their supporters know that their players head back to Sydney, Brisbane or Canberra Club rugby. But we were all informed before the season started that our players will not be heading back over east to play. But they haven't been playing our local rugby either. So where are they?

This will not be so relevant next year as we will know what to expect. But they should have been more informative this year as it is new to all of us.

Already the press on the east coast are starting to lay the foundations to force players to return to the east coast. In this artlice http://www.rugbyheaven.smh.com.au/articles/...html they are basically saying that some of our force players are missing out on Australia A selection due to lack of regular game time here in Perth.....

"A number of other Force players who have been more prominent in national selectors' thoughts this year paid the price for currently being out of competitive rugby."

Just my 2 cents worth.....

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Mr Kimber strikes again!

A number of other Force players who have been more prominent in national selectors' thoughts this year paid the price for currently being out of competitive rugby.

So just how many players did our "new biggest fan" expect to come from the weedy Force?
    I would think that five Australia "A" and four Wallabies is a fair return from the wooden spooners?
    I assume he is refering to MacKay, Hardy, Henjak and maybe Hilgendorf as an outsider?

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    I guess you can include Fitter in that list

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs
    Mr Kimber strikes again!

A number of other Force players who have been more prominent in national selectors' thoughts this year paid the price for currently being out of competitive rugby.

So just how many players did our "new biggest fan" expect to come from the weedy Force?
    I would think that five Australia "A" and four Wallabies is a fair return from the wooden spooners?
    I assume he is refering to MacKay, Hardy, Henjak and maybe Hilgendorf as an outsider?
    that article was typical Sydney -centric twaddle