Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: AB's v Poms

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WFDom View Post
    sounds like they're expecting a slaughter!
    I was expecting a blow out.

England did alright.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Maa Nonu should have been carded in the 1st 10 if it was consistant reffing and all we can do is hope he is slected against the wallabies as he is shocking and slow... worst player on the field

Champion
    vCash
    21 winning matches straight at the fortress Eden Park. Current world champs ,I am truly in awe of such a dominant force

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    Funny you should say that Gigs. The Mrs said straight of "wish Jobers was reffing". So do I! I think if Nigel does watch his games he will be kringing tonight.
    As I keep saying to my son in law " I support Australia or any other team that plays the AB's ".
    Unless it's the poms

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Bad calls by Owens cost poms the match, English press will be scathing. NZ deserved two yellow and it wasn't even Richie!

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Group A at the RWC next year is looking even tighter now.

I've just been having a yarn with a welsh work mate who is now officially sh!tting himself!

Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

vCash
    Selective pommy whinging much ^^^^ if you don't like the NZ commentating, stream the English com box.... I for one enjoyed the NZ commentators, they were full of praise for the English throughout the 80 minutes. as for the ref, you all think your crystal balls are the ones to eventuate. (what if this what if that)

Lose with dignity and have another crack next Saturday.

1(1) NZL 93.81
    2(2) RSA 89.34
    3(3) AUS 86.88

4(4) ENG 85.68
    5(5) IRE 82.13
    6(6) WAL 80.70
    7(7) FRA 80.07
    8(9) ARG 76.44
    9(8) SAM 75.49
    10(10) SCO 75.16

vCash
    You're telling the Poms to lose with dignity?

Nobody in New Zealand has any clue how to do that, why should the English return the favour?

The All Blacks were outplayed in virtually every facet of the game last night and I can't fathom how an entire country can be proud of a win which was so blatantly gifted by suspicious refereeing. I'm only glad it was the Poms they played and not the Wallabies, necause I would sound like a sore loser otherwise.

McCaw and Nonu (particularly) were at their invisible best, with several New Zealann players having big supporting roles. The coaching instructions obviously included telling them to do everything possible to give away a penalty inside the 22 and collapse past the ball at every ruck. They were given leeway all night, and until the bias became obis in the wake of the yarde decision it was just that Owens was reffing the breakdown very loosely. After ignoring what should have been knocking on the door of a penalty try when Fekitoa and Smith refused to release the ball on the try line to bin Yarde for not rolling away in the open field on the 22 with no support arriving was a shocking reversal of the interpretation.

Most blatant fix up ever!

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    lol not worthy of a response GIG 20

Last edited by Pacman; 08-06-14 at 19:34.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacman View Post
    lol not worthy of a response GIG 20
    Well thanks for responding with a non response, I'm sure that was hard work for you.

C'mon the

vCash
    Now that I'm sitting down with a bit more time to respond to you tripe Gig .... nope nothing, still bloody laughing and pity you for your lack of rugby knowledge Bro

#Up ABs 3-0

“In 1823, William Webb Ellis first picked up the ball in his arms and ran with it. And for the next 156 years forwards have been trying to work out why.” - Sir Tasker Watkins (1979)

vCash
    Pacman I'm with Gigs on this and even if you are a kiwi you must be one of the very few that don't know they were lucky to have a crap ref on the night!
    Read the kiwi press!

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    Read the kiwi press!
    You're on the mark SNOB. Listened to a little talk back on Radio Sport from Auckland. They are giving it to The Welsh Git for inconsistancy. Particularly the Nonu no card as he admitted he saw the offense.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    I agree, the ABs scrapped home to win and really should not have gotten up. Full marks to an understrength England team, big strong and fast through numbers 1-15, however gigs blatant attack on everything kiwi is just in poor taste and quite frankly getting a little carried away.

That's rugby and the bounce of the ball, if people take the 'I hate the Abs eye patch' off it was just a close game with far to much kicking with very little multiple phase play taking place and the accustomed handling errors from a ABs 1st test match of the year.

Everyone likes blaming the ref but I don't think he influenced the match that bad (I've seen worse) and unless if its a perfect performance talk back radio / media to chat at the local over a few pints in NZ will always be how we can improve the overall team performance and or who needs the arse......that's why NZ is so bloody consistent across the rugby board, always wanting more from the boys (and Coaches).

vCash
    I watched the game from a fairly neutral point of view (...wel being Scottish, maybe one foot in the AB camp...??), but I didn't think the ref was that bad. I think the Yarde penalty (and yellow card) was far more blatant than Fekitoa penalty on the line, you might argue that Fekitoa was entitled to go for the ball, because I'm sure he was the tackler...?

And I don't buy this about the England team being depleted - there was still a good contingent of their 6N squad in there, as well as players that have been in and around the England squad for a while. But, they certainly gave the ABs a good game, and probably a lot closer result than they were expecting.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast