Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Mid season 1st grade review

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wingman View Post
    i prefer the young guys reffing 1st grade , going with the old group isn't progress , have the john hills , Rob Kellam 's of the comp reffing the 19's or the reserve grade.
    Bumppppppppppppp - Wow, hold that thought, anyone else see Soaks and Baysie 19s today - A few of Baysie folk giggling at the end of that one. That number one field seems to become some sort of "Roswell" for senior (age) referees. The second half transformation today was amazing. 21-0 at half time becomes 24-28 in the second half, and a "last minute" that just goes on and on until a winning try was scored - (twilight zone music plays off)

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Oh excellent (rubs his fingers together)

Do tell your version of the game today please Ralto. And don't let any facts get in the way, just like in that post

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
    Oh excellent (rubs his fingers together)

Do tell your version of the game today please Ralto. And don't let any facts get in the way, just like in that post
    Theyse the facts ....
    A few of Baysie folk giggling at the end of that one
    That number one field seems to become some sort of "Roswell" for senior (age) referees.
    The second half transformation today was amazing.
    21-0 at half time becomes 24-28 in the second half
    A "last minute" that just goes on and on until a winning try was scored.

vCash
    Yer

It was 21 - 7 at half time, so the whole credibility thing...

So was that it for your account of the game?

Rookie
    vCash
    Interesting day across a number of games apparently... I've heard more than one tale of interesting interpretation out Morley way yesterday.... Baysie apparently had try after try disallowed and then got marched time after time to somehow loose a tight one ... And the early game was worse by all accounts... I believe it was he who dissallowed what seemed to be a try... Oh dear...

Apprentice
    vCash
    I hear, from reliable sources, that there was some refereeing 'controversy' during the prem grade at Baysie.
    Anyone there willing to share ?
    I hear one if the calmest men in WA rugby is ropable

vCash
    So we all have our off days and the ref at the Baysie game had one to forget, but I will look past that. In round 1 Cotts pumped us hard, but round 2 was a closely contested afair. For those that will be critical of the refs desplay. Cotts did not sing their team song, as I believe they thought it to be inappropriate. Make of it what you will.

vCash
    Ok. I'll speak.

As one of the officials that were part of the team of three, the story is growing wrong. Unsurprisingly.

There were two baysie disallowed tries. One clearly held up, and the other had unsighted grounding.

Refs and AR's can only give what they see. The day we start giving what probably happened, it will be rugby's downfall.

If we had given it without confirming grounding then perhaps Cott would be the ones complaining instead of Baysie.

How many times do we see on TV where a TMO cannot confirm a grounding, they go back to a 5m scrum. This was no different.

Last edited by RugbyRef; 08-06-14 at 14:51.

vCash
    The 2 non tries in question...you be the judge

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 462
Size:  92.7 KB

Name:  2.jpg
Views: 427
Size:  76.0 KB

“Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

vCash

“Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

vCash
    Second one is clearly held up, so get over that. First one was a fact that none of the officials could see the grounding. I'm glad you got a photo of it, but until RugbyWA and the clubs invest in TMO capabilities, we have to deal with the here and now. I never said it wasn't a try. You can claim perhaps our positioning wasn't good enough, and that's something that we as referees work hard to get right. But just like on the TV, sometimes we just can't see from our position. And have to play to the law, which states when there is a doubt about grounding a 5m attacking scrum is ordered.

So whilst you claim a try that wasn't given, will you also apologise the the absolutely unacceptable behaviour of some of your members after the game? I have a lot of respect for Baysie, they are working hard to rebuild and the last four weeks is showing that it's working. Donny and JT whilst being obviously disappointed, were also also complete professionals in their approach. As were 90% of the players.

Clubs will find it a lot harder to win games without refs, refs work really hard to get all decisions right. But the cruel fact is that we never will get a game perfect. And anyone that criticises should try it first, and when you do, imagine your game with 100 times more intensity and speed.

If you can do it, put your hand up.

WARURA Referee
    I do it because I love the game.

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddly View Post
    So we all have our off days and the ref at the Baysie game had one to forget, but I will look past that. In round 1 Cotts pumped us hard, but round 2 was a closely contested afair. For those that will be critical of the refs desplay. Cotts did not sing their team song, as I believe they thought it to be inappropriate. Make of it what you will.
    We're blue because we're blue because we're blue[repeat 24 times]
    Catchy team song with a lot of thought put into it, would be easy to remember for all the imports bought in each season as well

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Player
    vCash
    Don't put your hand up if you can't do it ,chatted with a ref at the soaks game and his general response was oh well too bad ,nobody excepts all things too be picked up but game changing decisions should be and the same old line of pick up the whistle yourself wears thin after so many years.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GAFFA View Post
    I is that two "bearded" TWFers I see in those pics?

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    I is that two "bearded" TWFers I see in those pics?
    Haha, guilty!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast