Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Force on collision course over Burton

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash

Force on collision course over Burton

Western Force will have to fight the Australian Rugby Union to keep rising star Luke Burton for the next two crucial Super Rugby matches after losing centre Kyle Godwin to injury.

Burton, the Wallabies under-20 vice-captain, was due to be in New South Wales this week preparing for next month's Junior World Cup, but with the Force injury toll mounting, the ARU has allowed him to train for Saturday night's clash with the Lions at nib Stadium.

However, under an agreement with the ARU, Burton, 20, should return to under-20 training before the game against the Crusaders in Christchurch the following Friday.

An ARU spokesman said they were still "in dialogue" with the Force about Burton, who made his Super Rugby debut against the Stormers.

Godwin's posterior cruciate ligament damage was caused in the final play against the Cheetahs when he was hit unnecessarily as he kicked the ball into touch to end the game.

It has put a big dent in the Force's finals hopes and put his international debut on hold for the second time in 10 months.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sp...e-over-burton/

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Here we go.

Again we will see if the ARU really want to assist us or not. If they force (pardon the pun) him to play U20, will they also allow us other options to fill the gap.

I would be happier if the decision was in Luke's hands, let him choose what he want's to do would seem the fair thing IMHO.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Champion
    vCash
    And yep, it was that tackle that did it

Godwin's posterior cruciate ligament damage was caused in the final play against the Cheetahs when he was hit unnecessarily as he kicked the ball into touch to end the game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post
    And yep, it was that tackle that did it

and nothing mentioned.. Princess Horwill and the Reds have dominated the press.. and absolutely nothing about this.. !! Disgraceful!!

vCash
    I feel sorry for Kyle and hope the injury doesn't need surgery. The door is now open for Luke (may the Force be with him) Burton if the ARU allow him to play.

vCash
    Presidents have been set by one lad from the reds a few years back being allowed to play Super Rugby over 20s. I agree that it should be Luke's call but then again we are talking about the ARU offering a level playing field to all franchises!! Bollocks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hertryk View Post
    and nothing mentioned.. Princess Horwill and the Reds have dominated the press.. and absolutely nothing about this.. !! Disgraceful!!
    Absolutely right. And why was nothing brought to a SANZAR judiciary about that one.....?

Rookie
    vCash
    my view is playing for Australian u 20 comes above the force . although tough choice for a young man to make . The 20's is seen as a big stepping stone in the pathway to being a wallaby others may have to step up and play for that particular week at the force .another opportunity for another player - Stubbs ? CTM moves to 12 etc

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Possibly to the Forces detriment I think he should go to the under 20s and I bloody hate it!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    May the FORCE be with you!

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    The U20s is the priority. If worst comes to worst, move Zack Holmes to 15 and Jayden Hayward to 12. Then one of the South African lads onto the bench.

It's just one game, it's a game we are unlikely to win. We should be focusing on the Lions, Blues and Reds.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Pluck someone from WA club rugby against the Saders, it may or may not work but I'd rather see that than us borrow another states WTS member to fill our injury gaps!!

Champion
    vCash
    Haven't you gone off the road a bit here. Doesn't the U20's comp start AFTER the Crusaders game, so he would not miss the tournament if he was needed for that game. He would miss a fair chunk of the training camp (actually only a week) but surely they can accommodate that. After all there are players like Sean McMahon (Rebels) still playing

Last edited by wholetruth; 22-05-14 at 18:16.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    The first U20s game is on the 2nd of June. The Crusaders game is on the 30th of May. That isn't much of a turn around. We don't really need him so long as noone else goes down injured.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post
    Haven't you gone off the road a bit here. Doesn't the U20's comp start AFTER the Crusaders game, so he would not miss the tournament if he was needed for that game. He would miss a fair chunk of the training camp (actually only a week) but surely they can accommodate that. After all there are players like Sean McMahon (Rebels) still playing
    2nd of June Argentina v Australia - so Burto is lucky to be named in the Force team this week. I'd expect him to be straight into the U20's camp after the Lions game, that'll be the VC's focus right up until NZ beat Aust. in the June 20th Final at Eden Park.

vCash
    Other option are the SA Lads My choice would be wrecking ball Styander at 12 or 13 for the saders He really has preformed well everytime he has come on for the loosies and it is a pity we have heaps of depth there and he is not getting the game time to really show his potential....

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast