Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Squad Contract Renewals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WFDS View Post
    I over-heard someone Saturday night say we'd been in talks with Quade? I don't believe it for a second, but, how would that go down?
    I would expect its somebody's arse talking, but that is a clever rumour to start. Quade has been the only bloke in that team who hasn't been hypnotized by the dickathon and seems to be the most likely not to want to ride the craptacular wave of mediocrity. Just like anybody who showed any promise when Dick was here was linked with anybody who had a remote chance of playing finals footy Quade will be shopped around by the press until the ink is dry.

I'd think it more likely he'd be linked with the Tahs or the Brums though.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    I'm not sure Graham will be around to recruit him! However, his successor might. I, too, am concerned.

vCash
    It's good at the moment that we can have a mix of experience Pek, Hodgson etc. and sign some up and comers such as Hoskins and Coleman. Previously I think they would have walked at the first opportunity after been given a couple of starts ala Luke Jones.

Would have to believe that Phoenix and Dellit would not be renewed. CTM has also probably not done enough and Stubbs would be probably shown the door as well. Have no idea about Heiberg have seen absolutely nothing of him.

We need another 8 - Jacques Englebrecht?
    With stubbs and dellit gone - Horne??

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    I think a few of these guys on the fringe will get a chance in the NRC before being cut free totally.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I would expect its somebody's arse talking, but that is a clever rumour to start. Quade has been the only bloke in that team who hasn't been hypnotized by the dickathon and seems to be the most likely not to want to ride the craptacular wave of mediocrity. Just like anybody who showed any promise when Dick was here was linked with anybody who had a remote chance of playing finals footy Quade will be shopped around by the press until the ink is dry.

I'd think it more likely he'd be linked with the Tahs or the Brums though.
    I would find it extremely hilarious in the was a player exodus from Queensland now that Richard Graham is in charge

Veteran
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandgroperrugby View Post
    How great is it to secure such young and up and coming talent. Not only secure but by ollies comments it was never in doubt what he was going to do. Now to balance the squad with some older heads and off we go for next year.
    From one of the interviews he did, he knocked back offers (of some description) to try his hand at the force. that reminds me of some of the old blokes at the AFL c lubs, been hanging around since the 50s, all voluntary. I reckon after he has finished his playing days, he'll be down the club helping out, no matter what.

vCash
    Ollie was offered a contract with the Rebels last season I think Palitu, but he turned it down in the hope that something would come up at the Force - great for him and us that it has :-))

vCash
    When you look at the open side stocks there is really only Hodgo ATM. Alcock is injured so who is backup? I'm looking at next year and thinking Alcock needs to be retained. Are Cottrel or Stander reasonable options at 7 in a pinch?

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    When you look at the open side stocks there is really only Hodgo ATM. Alcock is injured so who is backup? I'm looking at next year and thinking Alcock needs to be retained. Are Cottrel or Stander reasonable options at 7 in a pinch?
    Stander yes Cottrell now ging of some of the pictures on facebook Hardwick has been training with the team so he could be the back up still very young though. And then you have Kane Koteka from wests who has played on the Force A games at the start of the year.

“Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

vCash
    I thought
    9. Hugh McMeniman 2015

was already gone at the end of the season - wrong ?

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Tif can you change the layout to only show the locked in players by position then move the off contract down to the bottom. For example Ollie is from next year a full squad member not a wider playing group so should be in the prop area along with Chris.

Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

(a.k.a. Mr Pinkbits) Stone Cold's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wingman View Post
    For mine

let the follwoing go
    Manu
    Battye
    CTM
    Stubbs
    Dellit
    We must keep CTM and Manu. Just watch them tear up the NRC

Agree with the rest though.

coz Stone Cold says so

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Ollie was offered a contract with the Rebels last season I think Palitu, but he turned it down in the hope that something would come up at the Force - great for him and us that it has :-))
    His mum would have gone nuts if he turned his back on the force

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Comments on the Rugby club may indicate that there is a good chance Angus is off to the Reds....but then again Marto could just be a d*ck that doesn't know what he is talking about.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post
    Comments on the Rugby club may indicate that there is a good chance Angus is off to the Reds....but then again Marto could just be a d*ck that doesn't know what he is talking about.....
    What was said? All I heard was when they where talking about him as the weeks star performer and how he had the chance to stay in qld but ended up in Perth

“Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast