Thread: Import says Waratahs will win Super Rugby

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash

Import says Waratahs will win Super Rugby

AAP
    Darren Walton
    April 28, 2014, 6:50 pm

South African import Jacques Potgieter is convinced they will win the 2014 Super Rugby crown.

Oblivious to the NSW Waratahs' history of under-achieving, South African import Jacques Potgieter is convinced they will win the 2014 Super Rugby crown despite their chaotic display against the Blues.

The Waratahs committed a staggering 16 handling errors in a sloppy 21-13 loss in Auckland on Saturday, leaving Michael Cheika's men clinging to a place in the top six after 11 rounds.

The Waratahs admit the defeat has prompted some serious soul searching this week before hosting the in-form Hurricanes in another key match on Saturday night at Allianz Stadium.

"I don't know what to say, it's not a nice feeling to go out there and you know what to do and it's not happening," Potgieter said on Monday.

"We've got a lot of talent in this team, but in this competition talent won't be enough.

"We really have to work hard - and we're working hard - but we're just forcing those one or two extra passes.

"The boys, they've got all the skill but sometimes, when it's not on, I think you just have to be more patient."

The Waratahs have a habit of promising big things but failing to deliver, but Potgieter earnestly believes the star-studded class of 2014 will earn the franchise an elusive maiden Super title.

"I don't really think too much about the past. I always knew the Waratahs would be a really good team," the former Bulls forward said.

"I came here because of Michael Cheika because I really liked the style and play that Michael brought into the system, which I saw last year, and then I wanted to be a part of that.

"I just thought with all the talent that we could go a long way - and I still believe that. Otherwise I wouldn't have come to the Waratahs.

"I just want to lift that trophy and I still think we're going to.

"Just the way the guys are there for each other - maybe it's not showing yet - but the games that it will show, the boys will pull it through."

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sp...n-super-rugby/

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    He obviously hasn't spent enough time in his current organisation to understand the way their season normally unfolds.

Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

vCash
    Rookie error Jacques

vCash
    Potgieter is probably not familiar with much quality Australian film, but to quote Daniel Kerrigan, "tell him he's dreamin!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WFDS View Post
    He obviously hasn't spent enough time in his current organisation to understand the way their season normally unfolds.
    They will lift the cup, it might not be the super rugby trophy, but eventually, when were all dead and burned and the fuckwits at the ARU have killed super rugby and instituted a 2 team Aussie comp where NSW plays Qld and before Qld buy every decent rugby player in the world, regardless of whether they are contracted anywhere else. Then the Tahs will lift the silverware, in a promotional shot before the series kicks off.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Immortal Contributor
    vCash