Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Half way point of the season

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    KPI should be to win the next 6 straight. And have that KPI each week from now on in.

The only problem I see are the trips to play the Crusaders and the Brumbies are on the back of 6 day turnarounds so we need to improve on our recovery.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    The short term KPI is win the next game every week isn't it Gerry, it's only when we start to think long term that number of wins comes into play.

When we talk KPIs we need to remember that 8 wins is not too far shy of the playoffs, that is a pretty good season compared to last year. Let's not forget that our problem has always been consistency. There's no guarantee that is completely out of the way yet, and we might end up sucking for the rest of the season and only win 8. Yes it will be a poor second half, but will that make the season a failure. I say no, it simply indicates that the job isn't done. If anything indicates that the job isn't done yet, it's being beaten by the Rebels after a really tough game and a short turnaround. While there are plenty of good reasons for the loss, nobody would accept that from a top team. So in short. I'm happy for the KPI to remain at 8 until we hit that target, but be prepared to lift that to 10 and then 12 as we meet subsequent targets.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Senior Player
    vCash
    I know it's sacrilegious, and I'll probably be shot down for saying this, but I for one will be happy with whatever happens from here. To string 5 wins in a row is phenomenal.

Let's look at the wins - smashing Melbourne at home - we might have expected to win, but a four try bonus point within 27 minutes is stuff to dream about for a Force fan.

Then beating the Highlanders in Dunedin, with 13 men - outstanding.

Our next wins were against the champions of 2011, 2012 and 2013, and then the joint favourites for this year's comp at the start of the season.

What I am enjoying, after 9 years of attending every home game, is security in the tackle taking the ball up, clinical cleanouts, coming away with points when in the opposition red zone, a game plan that the whole team plays to and plays to well, and hardly any unforced dropped passes. Everyone knows their role and trusts the defensive system.

But as has been said many times before, this is a tough comp, and if a team is 5 to 10% off, it will be beaten. On any given day any team can beat any other.

So it comes down to attitude and confidence. If we can bring the same attitude and confidence into the run home, there will be another 3, 4, 5 wins. It may sound contradictory to what I've said above, but if the attitude and confidence deserts us in the next few games, I will be disappointed, but still have enjoyed the half season immensely as it shows the potential the team possesses.

But it's hard to sustain the intensity through the whole season - I hope we don't end up like the Highlanders last year - starting with a bang but ending in a whimper.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    All this kpi shite is annoying. I expect them to win every game. They shouldn't look further ahead than sat and plan to win each game. Win enough and you are playing finals. Recruit more 'ard carnts and backs with speed I have seen enough backs with no skill, talent or speed wearing force jumpers to last me a lifetime. Our pack has always been good. The difference this year is we can bag meat. We had no speed last week and hence no meat. I feel the need, the need for speed

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Controversy corner

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeJay View Post
    I know it's sacrilegious.....
    I guess I agree with what you are saying. But wins often means better leverage with sponsors, better leverage with recruitment and high gate takings. All of that increases the chances of long term success for the Force. If we lose our remaining games this season, will our front of jersey sponsors stay on? Will we keep our top players? Will we be able to nab a few from elsewhere? How far into the red will we drop on the end of financial year budgets?

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeJay View Post
    I hope we don't end up like the Highlanders last year - starting with a bang but ending in a whimper.
    Man, I hope not.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3