Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Force named to face Melbourne Rebels

vCash
    Agree totally Gigs None of the reserves want to look bad in a winning team so all should really step up

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Keep it up, plenty of you had it in for The Badge before last weeks effort. Hope it works for Paddy too

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    I agree with the Dellit comments - I thought Foley took too long to drag him in the Rebels match. I saw him for Neddies v Cott a few weeks back (centre) and was expecting him to shine. He didn't. I really hope he has embraced the culture of the 1st team and steps up to play how he knows he can.

Last edited by Ecky; 18-04-14 at 08:21.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    There comes a point, when your first choice back three has been decimated, that you have to put the next best option on the park. We have reached that point.
    What is the story regarding Jaydan Hayward?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by onions View Post
    I am so disappointed they picked Dellit again. After the disgraceful disinterested, lack-lustre performance he put on against the Brumbies, he shouldn't be allowed to wear a Force jumper to the shops, let alone on a rugby field. Pick anyone else- more than 1 step backwards.
    Totally agree, came with the attitude that he was a shoe-in for the team. I would suggest he's playing for his contract now

Earn your spot Dellit - different team now.

Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by joblot View Post
    What is the story regarding Jaydan Hayward?
    He's not been named, news at 11.

C'mon the

(a.k.a. Mr Pinkbits) Stone Cold's Avatar
    vCash
    We had a quick chat to Foley at captains run and he said that the new guys were really hungry and wanted to be a part of a winning side. He said everyone was excited.

Incidentally ebersohn was nailing shots on goal from everywhere.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    coz Stone Cold says so

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone Cold View Post
    Incidentally ebersohn was nailing shots on goal from everywhere.
    Good to hear. Have been a bit disappointed in his kicking performance so far this year. I remember him being quite the sharpshooter at the cheetahs, but he's been missing a fair few reasonably easy kicks this year and only at 73% success rate

vCash
    Our strength is that the team play for one another. I have no doubt that the replacements are in that same frame of mind, otherwise the they would not have been selected. Will be looking forward to seeing that wall of defense and us capitalizing on the turn over ball. Go the Force, bring back another win and really shock the east coast when we go top of the Aussie Conference.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chibi View Post
    Here I go again, but wasn't Pat Dellit's only form period at the Force, in the centres?

The reasoning may be that Brache is working so well with Kyle that he should stay there. Dellit probably considered a better wing option than CTM, and he did enough off the bench last week to wartant another shot. All good.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    I dont trust Dellit enuff to start yet.
    I prefer to see godwin/brache in the centres, Cummins and DHP on the wings and Holmes at Fullback.
    While some of us have been critical of cummins(mainly in defense and lacking consumption of meat) I would like to see him be consistant for the rest of the season. Nobody ever questions his work ethic and passion but that alone wont guarantee him a gold jersey.

vCash
    Can't quite figure out GG's tone

Rebels v Force, AAMI Park, Melbourne

19:40 local, 09:40 GMT, 19:40 EST, 19:10 CST, 17:40 WST

Head to head: Played 7; Rebels 5, Force 2

In Melbourne: Played 3; Rebels 2, Force 1

Last clash: Round 4 2014, Force 32 - 7 Rebels, nib Stadium, Perth

Preview: There is no doubting the Force after their performance against the Waratahs last week. With almost no possession (33%) or territory (29%), the Force proved a simple game plan works, with the side pouncing on any of the Waratahs mistakes to score three tries and held strong in defence to let in only one try. Earning their fifth consecutive win - a first for the Force - they will enter round 10 with all the momentum behind them. Although they lost several players through injury after their massive win, their three keys players - Matt Hodgson, Ben McCalman and Nick 'the Honey Badger' Cummins - remain and will be ready to rally the troops and lead them to a sixth straight victory.

The Rebels were unlucky to fall short to the Chiefs last weekend after clawing their way back from a 19-0 margin in the first half to come undone in the final minutes and finish 6-points short. A slow start and poor discipline cost the side early, but they made a quick turn around in the second half and showed dashes of greatness around the pitch. Bryce Hegarty, Jason Woodward and Scott Higginbotham will be essential in firing up the struggling pack.

Greg Growden writes: Love the Force. Absolutely love 'em. Fell asleep during last week's game. Who won?

Read more at http://www.espnscrum.com/super-rugby...WE2rE2pQuPV.99

vCash
    Oh..sorry didn't read on. Apparently it was the ARU and the Ref's fault that the Tahs lost..

Waratahs v Bulls, Sydney Football Stadium, Sydney

19:40 local, 09:40 GMT, 19:40 EST, 19:10 CST, 17:40 WST

Head to head: Played 19; Waratahs 8, Bulls 11

In Sydney: Played 8; Waratahs 5, Bulls 3

Last clash: Round 12 2012, Bulls 27 - 24 Waratahs, Allianz, Sydney

Preview: The Waratahs won't use the controversial withdrawal of Israel Folau as an excuse for their disappointing loss to the Force last weekend, after the side held close to all the of the possession (67%) and territory (71%) but failed to produce the points. Camped within the Force's half for most of the match, the Waratahs were impressive with crunching tackles, strong line breaks (10) and dazzling backline moves, but the side's lack of execution cost them the match. The forward pack was impressive with a dominant scrum; however, the Waratahs defence was lacking, as they were slow to reach the breakdown and allowed the Force to make easy metres. A return home should bring a more settled side to the game.

Greg Growden writes: After being dudded by the Australian Rugby Union when ridiculously forced to withdraw Israel Folau and then in Perth struck down by an inexperienced, jittery referee, the Waratahs should get their season back on track against the Bulls.

Read more at http://www.espnscrum.com/super-rugby...WE2rE2pQuPV.99

Nice comment at the end Gerry!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I suppose this could be the banana-skin game, but I'll be surprised if complacency is what loses us this match, I don't think we are that silly. I am concerned over the Dellit's wing defence, but who knows, he may well relish the recall and be at his barnstorming best!

I suppose the best way for me to guarantee ourselves a win is for me to go to the TAB and put a lazy $5 on the Rebels! My shit luck will give the the Force the win! I'll happily give away a fiver for that! Cheaper than an NiB Stadium hot-dog!

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chibi View Post
    I suppose this could be the banana-skin game, but I'll be surprised if complacency is what loses us this match, I don't think we are that silly. I am concerned over the Dellit's wing defence, but who knows, he may well relish the recall and be at his barnstorming best!

I suppose the best way for me to guarantee ourselves a win is for me to go to the TAB and put a lazy $5 on the Rebels! My shit luck will give the the Force the win! I'll happily give away a fiver for that! Cheaper than an NiB Stadium hot-dog!
    How about you put on a tenner to ensure it is a emphatic win. My fingernails and anxiety levels have had enough of the close ones.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2