0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Veteran
    vCash
    I'm guessing broken ribs for Sam..

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Sprained Ankle for Alby, hamstring for Kbomb are my guesses.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Mozza was a hammy I think?

Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

Rookie
    vCash
    I asked Sam what his injury was. He said the same as last week, my rib popped out. Sounds painful to me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by snusan View Post
    I asked Sam what his injury was. He said the same as last week, my rib popped out. Sounds painful to me.
    If it's popped that's cartilage damage bloody painfull and takes ages to heal!

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Yep. Worse pain than a fracture, and they heal quicker.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Champion
    vCash
    Historic victory but Force injuries mount
    Here you go. Update today I guess

Nick Taylor The West Australian
    April 14, 2014, 8:07 am

A battered and bruised Western Force have just four days to repair the wounds of an unbelievable defensive display before heading to Melbourne for a clash with the Rebels.

The casualty list from Saturday night's win against the NSW Waratahs - a Force-record fifth straight victory - will not make pleasant reading for coach Michael Foley.

The Force produced one of their greatest defensive efforts, making 169 tackles with only 30 per cent possession in the face of relentless attacks from the massive Waratahs outfit.

But the 28-16 win, a huge turnaround from the first-round 43-21 loss to the Tahs, came at a cost.

The extraordinary effort was epitomised by hooker Nathan Charles who collapsed on the sidelines after the game, needed a drip inserted, and had to be helped to the change rooms before being kept in hospital overnight.

Foley is waiting for reports on injuries to second-rower Sam Wykes, scrum-half Alby Mathewson, winger Luke Morahan and prop Pek Cowan, who all finished the game on the bench.

Forwards Hugh McMeniman and Chris Alcock are already sidelined and stocks took a further blow when full-back Jayden Hayward was a late withdrawal on Saturday night.

Hayward's loss meant Dane Haylett-Petty pulled on a Force jumper just an hour after being plucked from the local club competition.

He had played 60 minutes for Cottesloe against Associates at Swanbourne and expected to be part of a sponsor promotion that night.

That all changed when he went into the change rooms and heard his phone ringing.

"As I went in my phone was ringing. I didn't know the number but when I answered it was Chippy (Force team manager Mark Calverley). He told me I needed to get there as fast as I could. I was starting," Haylett-Petty said.

The 24-year-old made it to nib Stadium 35 minutes before kick-off.

"It was a bit of a shock but I got there as fast as I could," he said.

In the first round Israel Folau scored three tries for the Tahs, but Saturday night was the Nick Cummins show as the "Honey Badger" ran in a hat-trick of his own to take the Force to unknown heights - fourth on the Super15 ladder and second in the Australian conference.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    The sick list

Alcock
    McMenimen
    Wykes
    Charles
    Mathewson
    Morahan
    Cowan
    Hayward

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

(a.k.a. Mr Pinkbits) Stone Cold's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post

Hayward's loss meant Dane Haylett-Petty pulled on a Force jumper just an hour after being plucked from the local club competition.

He had played 60 minutes for Cottesloe against Associates at Swanbourne and expected to be part of a sponsor promotion that night.

That all changed when he went into the change rooms and heard his phone ringing.

"As I went in my phone was ringing. I didn't know the number but when I answered it was Chippy (Force team manager Mark Calverley). He told me I needed to get there as fast as I could. I was starting," Haylett-Petty said.

The 24-year-old made it to nib Stadium 35 minutes before kick-off.

"It was a bit of a shock but I got there as fast as I could," he said.

DHP had a blinder. Maybe he needs to play a club game before every game to warm up...

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    coz Stone Cold says so

vCash
    Hopefully cheese just had a bit of heat exhaustion and can come good. Seems like wykes might need a few to recover.
    And the rest are all ok as well. 4 days is a bit rough but it is what it is.

vCash
    Have we got clarification on Hayward? Was reported he became a dad rather than an injury stat.

Last edited by shasta; 14-04-14 at 09:41.

vCash
    Mathewson would be a big loss. The bloke provides so much spark and menace, clean delivery of pill to the backs and is an absolute pest in defense. His loss is hard to replace

so too Luke Morahan. Isn't it nice to have some quality backs that have genuine speed and elusiveness who can catch, pass and kick.

If these two are out we will struggle to score points.

Charles will play. He needed some electrolytes and some oxygen. No wuckin furries

If Hayward plays, we will have some skill in the backs. Petty was tradesman-like but couldn't beat my old mum to score. I doubt he terrorises the reserve grade players who get promoted in club land

The rabble is after revenge.........a dish best served cold. We have key injuries and will be flat after a knock-em down, drag em out bruise fest and a short turn around. I hope they are flying first class. DVT city in cattle class

I am concerned about this week. Super coach Foley has to get the lads up mentally. Should be plenty of Charlie for sale in Melbourne. Might not go astray?

Controversy corner

vCash
    Agreed Rex, the Rabble are a useless shower at the moment, even when they do put together enough to be in the hunt at the death, they can't ever seem to seal the deal.

That makes this a huge danger game for the boys, the first one in five weeks we will be expected to win. Saturday will be the litmus test of our mental preparation and we'd better get it right.

Hayward and Matthewson are indeed the key injuries here, with Cheese important, but less so (tessman can carry this team almost as well and has the capability to play 80) if we lose either of them, there's a chance the boys will cruise, take them lightly and get knocked over. All three of those players have so much mongrel, they would beat shit out of the bloke next to them for even suggesting we take this game lightly. Hopefully, that attitude has infected the whole squad other wise theres a big banana skin waiting on Saturday.

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Agreed Rex, the Rabble are a useless shower at the moment, even when they do put together enough to be in the hunt at the death, they can't ever seem to seal the deal.

That makes this a huge danger game for the boys, the first one in five weeks we will be expected to win. Saturday will be the litmus test of our mental preparation and we'd better get it right.

Hayward and Matthewson are indeed the key injuries here, with Cheese important, but less so (tessman can carry this team almost as well and has the capability to play 80) if we lose either of them, there's a chance the boys will cruise, take them lightly and get knocked over. All three of those players have so much mongrel, they would beat shit out of the bloke next to them for even suggesting we take this game lightly. Hopefully, that attitude has infected the whole squad other wise theres a big banana skin waiting on FRIDAY.
    Correction made!

May the FORCE be with you!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast