The West Australian
Nick Taylor The West Australian
April 2, 2014, 7:06 am

Western Force winger Luke Morahan is eager to return to Brisbane in Saturday night's clash with the Queensland Reds, but he knows his former teammates won't be putting out the welcome mat.

The speedster, who moved from the Reds this season, will feel the full brunt of the bitter rivalry between the Australian Super Rugby rivals that dates back to Force foundation days when the WA club raided the Reds' playing stocks, including favourite son Nathan Sharpe.

Morahan has kept in touch with one-time junior teammates James Slipper, Rob Simmons and Eddie Quirk - but the contact has ceased this week.

"It's going to be an interesting homecoming, but I'm looking forward to it," Morahan said.

"I'm good mates with a lot of the guys over there, but we don't talk about footy too much.

"We've all kept it pretty quiet.

"My knowledge might help a little bit, But not too much."

Morahan arrived at the Force in search of greater opportunities in a bid to add to his one Wallabies Test appearance in 2012 against Scotland.

He scored the opening try against the Rebels in the first of three consecutive Force wins, but said he had nothing to prove against the side he represented on 46 occasions over five seasons.

"I wouldn't say (it's about) proving a point. It was my goal to become more consistent," he said. "It's been a good start to the season, and I'm getting plenty of ball and opportunity."

Morahan, 23, is quick to point out that he was still at school, with Slipper and Reds centre Ben Tapuai, when the Force went on their early Queensland recruiting drive.

It simmered along before reaching boiling point in 2012 when Queensland disclosed mid-season that coach Richard Graham was defecting across the country and then Wallabies scrum-half Will Genia backtracked on a big deal that would have seen him join the Force.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/spo...ng-fiery-reds/