Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Queensland Reds coach Richard Graham looks to get one over former club Western Force

vCash
    Any one in vegas?...... I doubt I'll catch the game here!.....

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Neither do I. Except for perhaps Cooper magic. But our forwards are working very well as a team and I feel like our backrow will get it over the Reds. That will take Cooper magic out of the equation a bit. I'm a bit worried about a flying Tapuai running at Rasolea.

The Stormers don't contest the breakdown much. Their big bopping backrowers try to get turn overs by stacking the defensive line, knocking back attackers and either forcing knock ons or counter rucking when players are pushing back behind the gain line. I watched the game in the week- the Stormers played like shit. So did the Reds for that matter.

I reckon we need to go to a kicking game again. Really pressure JJ Tuilagi. Go to the maul from the lineout. I reckon we'd get good gains off the maul against the Reds. They aren't a big pack.
    I agree about the maul but it only works if the ref pings and yellow cards the opposition for illegal tactics. Which both Horwell and his cohort both seem to do all the time and seem to get away with it most times.
    Still think the refs aren't using the yellow card to stop foul play. I warning then yellow they will be amazed how quickly some of these guys will learn the laws!

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    I reckon reds get 1 or 2 yellow cards this game as the force will frustrate them into stupid play and it will be their forwards sitting it out

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slomo View Post
    Any one in vegas?...... I doubt I'll catch the game here!.....
    Where are you at Nipper? LarryNJ is on the other side of the country...

You heading east while you're there, Slomo?

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

Veteran
    vCash
    With some of coopers passes there is always the option of intercept (Sias??)

I have been a BIG deteracter of Junior, and i am not yet ready to be proven wrong... Yet. I will be quite happy to eat some pie.

Veteran
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Neither do I. Except for perhaps Cooper magic. But our forwards are working very well as a team and I feel like our backrow will get it over the Reds. That will take Cooper magic out of the equation a bit. I'm a bit worried about a flying Tapuai running at Rasolea.
    I seem to recall hearing that Taps hasn't scored a try for a season... I think Junior will handle him, especially after the defence they showed against the Chiefs and all there offloads.

On that point,

One thing that i think is showing the character and determination of the team is the vision of Badger pulling himself out of a ruck, and sprinting full tilt to the other side of the field when the Chiefs got that penalty on full time, with an 8 man over lap. Great to see the desperation in the boys.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Agree re remark about Genia and Cooper easily frustrated when they don't get clean ball. Genia's a classic sook when he's being rushed at - was very obvious tactic used by teams in Wallabies games, and he didn't manage it well. However the Reds are probably likely to know the Force will try this tactic and be working on it, their tactic would possibly be to kick behind and rely on fast runners to chase. Would really like to see Badger & Kyle getting more of a run. Nice to see that again none of the Roar have picked the Force - yeehaa!!
    PS: Interesting analysis by Scott Allan about phase play by the Highlanders from a line out which I thought was quite a good tactic.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Dunno how I got those wites crossed....but anyway, the CTM situation is a strange one. Came with big wraps, has not showed a lot, yet he's thought of well enough to skipper the A team. Go figure.
    I agree, CTM is a bit hard to figure out, the only real good look I've had at him playing has been in the trials and the curtain raisers. To be fair to the bloke, he looked like a bloody monster against Junior Japan. Certainly looked like the bloke you'd pick as captain in that game. Maybe he's just great against weaker oppositions?

C'mon the

vCash
    I thought the Force had already got one over the Reds by letting RG go early, but it looks like it is a long term strategy from the Force which the other Super 15 sides will benefit from.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    How does the dribbler R Graham bluff his way through the elite of Australian rugby. He leaves a trail of mediocrity everywhere he goes.

Controversy corner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Messup View Post
    How does the dribbler R Graham bluff his way through the elite of Australian rugby. He leaves a trail of mediocrity everywhere he goes.
    His interview after the match didn't do him any favours! To my mind on of the best I've seen from thick Dick, from a Reds fan he just showed his true colours. Yellow allegedly! If he's not fighting for his job, if they lose again in the next couple of weeks there is something very wrong in Queensland rugby.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    May the FORCE be with you!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4