Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The future of rockingham

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ben hur View Post
    westie will you other prems coachs stack your 2 s when you play brothers considering prems will now have abye???
    Oh, it'll happen all right, every week, including when they play Wests.

No coach is going to pass up the chance to improve his team's percentage, when every other club will.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    From the Rocky Facebook page.

All Players,
    There will be a special meeting in the club house at 0630pm on Tuesday. All players, coaches and mangers are requested to come down.

Cheers

Apprentice
    vCash
    i reckon 1st 6 games will be completly stavked teams with 7 -8 prems player playing 2nd s in the 2 nd round a bye week would be welcomed, the door just got opened a little wider for brothers at least they wont have to travel to rocky

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chertubler View Post
    Rugby wa allowed new clubs to be formed even though they were told it would cause trouble down the track but as usual they no best rocky will not field a Prem team this year .
    The only way to have a Prem team in the south is to amalgamate the three clubs but I can't see that happening soon
    Kala it seems is struggling in 3/4ths had around 25 to play two games against Baysie, also there U19s folded, well the coach and some payers are now at Southern Lions, must be following the new pathway to Premier rugby down there now?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    Anyone with an interest in local club rugby would find this news to be very disturbing. Sad day for rugby
    An extremely sad day for rugby. But how does Rugby in WA react to this ... is rugby to be left in the golden corridor, or continue it's new clubland north of the river? If RugbyWA were to step in last season to assist Rocky in getting the club back on it's feet, what happened?
    Far too much acceptance of the demise is disturbing, especially at a time when the NRL are throwing funding at clubs to build a groundswell including a new club in Mandurah ...

The southern corridor is a huge area of growth, is this to be a missed opportunity and the clubs left to fight for themselves?

There are a few Rocky people I enjoy a beer with & a few that have worked tirelessly for the club over the the years but they couldn't do it alone. I hope that those few people are offered a beer at all other grounds as a symbol of understanding this season

Does RWA feel comfortable in leaving the state to a river divide of union north & league south?

vCash
    [QUOTE=westies man;374693]
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    we're you at gate 4 Westie?

Yes I was and I met Muddly for the first time with his distinctive beard and he won't be copping any more shit from me cos he's a bloody fair sized unit
    Well it was a pleasure to make your acquaintance I didn't think that it might have been you until I was already in the stadium.

C'mon the

vCash
    Could brothers step up straight away?

The learning curve would be steep. But if they have the numbers?

I'd also like to see the stronger southern clubs given a go perhaps next season. Mandurah, Arks & curtain all have good numbers. They probably could make the step whilst Rocky rebuilds from champs. This is what Arks did isn't it (believe they used to be a Prem club).

WARURA Referee
    I do it because I love the game.

Player
    vCash
    as a ref you should know the differance between champship which is really 3s to prems is massive yeah sure arks curtain mandrah brothers could compete in 2s but are way off prems joondalup are no way ready for prems and the fact they will be playing stacked 2 grade teams we help them be ready for 2015 premier rugby i just hope jbros do win a few games against these stackef 2s they will be playing this year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RugbyRef View Post

Not a chance. They don't need 15 players that are capable of playing prems, they need 25+ to account for injuries. I'd be suprised if they were competitive in reserves to be honest. I think they'll get wins against the clubs that are really struggling, but they'll get pumped by clubs like Neddies & Soaks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RugbyRef View Post

I'd also like to see the stronger southern clubs given a go perhaps next season. Mandurah, Arks & curtain all have good numbers. They probably could make the step whilst Rocky rebuilds from champs. This is what Arks did isn't it (believe they used to be a Prem club).
    1. It's Curtin, named after a somewhat famous Prime Minister, as opposed articles of drapery that fade whenever there is daylight saving.

2. ARKs have been in the Districts/Championship for quite dome time now. They were invited to re-join Premier at the same time that either Rocky or Wanneroo (can't remember which one). They declined, recognising they did not have the talent or depth to compete.

Mandurah might make a fist of it if they amalgamate with Rocky (What!!!!!!!! Did he just say that? Really???????) but, as noted by others, none of the Champ clubs really have the depth/talent to do justice to such a promotion.

To Wanneroo and Rocky's credit, when they got their chance, they were "easybeats" to start with but then became more competitive. Same would happen with any of the other clubs, but everyone would want them to be competitive virtually straight away, I reckon.

Champion
    vCash
    [QUOTE=Ecky;374782]

Mandurah might make a fist of it if they amalgamate with Rocky (What!!!!!!!! Did he just say that? Really???????) but, as noted by others, none of the Champ clubs really have the depth/talent to do justice to such a promotion.

Keep the juniors separate and combine the two senior clubs,from what I hear both would be amenable to sitting down and having a chat

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    "Oh Mr. Hart, what a mess!!"

Player
    vCash
    [QUOTE=westies man;374783]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecky View Post

Keep the juniors separate and combine the two senior clubs,from what I hear both would be amenable to sitting down and having a chat
    Rocky have brought this to the table but mandurah want nothing to do with with

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Bypass the wannabes and contact Goff

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    Which means things have changed a lot at Rocky since I last graced their club rooms. When I was there there was still a lot of bad blood towards the Pirates for even existing.

However this would be a good move, perhaps involve any seniors from Kwinana and make a southern regional team which combines all the rugby playing adults in the region. They could rotate training facilities, or simply train at Lark Hill because it's central. Play home games on a rotational basis, because Mandurah isn't too far to travel from Kwinana and the hosting club gets to keep the bat profits for their juniors.

Perhaps a similar thing could be done in the hills (which doesn't sound a lot more flash than down here) and any other region that is struggling.

I have been spruiking this idea for years now, maybe we just need to start with the clubs that are desperate to keep the wolves from their door (or in Rocky's case the sharks)

C'mon the

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast