Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Meanwhile, Back At The Ranch ...

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash

Meanwhile, Back At The Ranch ...

Well done Western Force on a great win.

Unfortunately I had family commitments today so missed the main game and the club matches.

As I have no friends to ask, (ok, ok, I have no friends period) does anyone know how the club scratch matches went?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Paly 4th and 5ths got two 20 minute halves between them. I left when 3rd grade finished and they got two 20 minute halves.

Spent more time driving to the ground then actual play

Last edited by jargan83; 22-03-14 at 23:16.

Prospect
    vCash
    baysie beat kala in prems, kala were outmuscled

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    P
    aly's own fault they only asked for 4x20 minutes for the lower grades.

vCash
    That's strange,Choice. On Thursday night at Palmyra when we were discussing this very issue we were told that it was Nedlands who said they only wanted 4 x 20 minutes for the lower grades.

Anyhow, how many tries were Pally crushed by in firsts and seconds?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    That's strange,Choice. On Thursday night at Palmyra when we were discussing this very issue we were told that it was Nedlands who said they only wanted 4 x 20 minutes for the lower grades.

Anyhow, how many tries were Pally crushed by in firsts and seconds?
    Yeah that's what it was but Paly used it as 2 x 20 minute for thirds and the other two x 20 were used by the 4th grade coach with a combo of 4th and 5th grade players

Rookie
    vCash
    Joondalup reserve grade beat curtin 2 tries to 0. a very close contested game that could have gone to any team. joondalup lacking discipline, 18+ penalties against. mostly at breakdown, along with a few high/late tackles and a shoulder charge. fitness was a bit lacking in both teams (especially me). all in all curtin looking good, mandurah next week will be a better test of where abouts we are for the year (same goes when joondalup play a reserve grade team)

Champion
    vCash
    We had a hit out against Uni,very hard to judge where we're at because every team including us chop and change and have players missing ,gone fishing ,away down South for the weekend, birthday party , and how's this one of our regular front rowers couldn't play because his nephew was sick and who's the first person we run into at the Force game carrying a tray of beers with a sheepish look on his face. Anyway back to the games and I have a real fear that we will only be fielding 3 open teams this season, it is by far the worst I have seen it in my 25 years at Wests. Third and fourths could only field 8 players between them, this is not a wind up we are in serious deep shit.Doesn't help that in the 3 pre season games we've lost 3 starting 1st graders to season ending injuries.Worrying times ahead

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    Went and watched Wanneroo and Soaks prems, early on it was bit of an arm wrestle.
    Once Soaks got its running game going, they ripped the dogs apart, couple of length of the field try's.
    Seconds a bit more competitive, KK made an appearance running in 2 and setting up another couple, both clubs look a bit light on for reserves, quality was better for Soaks tho.
    Thinking early indications are a long season ahead both on and off the field for the doggies, if they get a couple of injuries and supporters don't show up .
    The season may get harder for the doggies, Heard a rumor that Foley has told Phoenix that he is not a required player so he is looking off shore for a contract.
    Sugar daddies digging in to pockets up there again one would suggest.

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LexxLuthar View Post
    Heard a rumor that Foley has told Phoenix that he is not a required player so he is looking off shore for a contract. .
    He's not on his Pat Malone there

Last edited by travelling_gerry; 23-03-14 at 12:00. Reason: quotes
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    Jo-ji playing up?

vCash
    Soaks at the breakdown were fierce. Competing for everything and winning a good 60%.

Players were struggling in the heat though and it was only a 70 min game.

WARURA Referee
    I do it because I love the game.

Player
    vCash
    No idea. The games started at 12 and had to finish by 5, so the lower grades got probably more than some of the players wanted.

Champion
    vCash
    Sugar daddies digging in to pockets up there again one would suggest.

My info is that Gibbo has said "no" to imports. He wants bring on the local talent even if the first year or so will hurt. Good on him if he can do it but let's wait and see.
    It's very sad if the news about Rocky is true. As Fulvio said, the short term thinking of RugbyWA a decade or so ago is now coming home to roost.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Go Neddies!!

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast