Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Trials And Tribulations

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash

Trials And Tribulations

Went to see Wanneroo and Palmyra today.

Only 3 games played.

Two of last years fourth grade played seconds - both props. Palmyra just got over the line.

Same in first grade, Pally were marginally better, but it was a lack lustre spectacle between two teams that won't make the finals. Pally had half of last year's firsts missing with little replacements.

Pally got flogged in under 19's.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Is there any way you can be made to take a lie detector test before you post

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    everything I have said is true.

As someone else once said, you are entitled to your own opinion, but not to your own facts.

And what glorious failures did Wests encounter today?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    Is there any way you can be made to take a lie detector test before you post
    Mate I will second what Fulvio said it was below par We also never got to drink a beer together because my misses wanted to leave due to to poor rugby being played. Pally was better in both grades but there were nothing to write home about. U19 wanneroo was impressive but only because 8 or so of the Pally U19's were playing with the 1sts and seconds. My U17 year old boy was playing center the whole game for wanneroo due to a lack of numbers. final score somewhere 25-5 to the Dogs. Pally seconds just won and it was greaty due to their backs Wanneroo dominated the breakdown but were outpaced in the backs. Pally firsts walked all over Wanneroo for certain periods but there were a few glimpses of being good by Wanneroo however definitely not to the level that what some of the inner city clubs have been recruiting

There were a lot of ex Pally and Wanneroo players sitting in the car parks watching the games so we might still see some boys return

So not all doom and gloom Any news/results from other clubs

Last edited by pieter blackie; 16-03-14 at 11:14.

Apprentice
    vCash
    Is anybody able to say how many clubs have got Under 19's teams this year? From what I can tell there will be less Colts teams than last years 18's comp?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    everything I have said is true.

As someone else once said, you are entitled to your own opinion, but not to your own facts.

And what glorious failures did Wests encounter today?
    That was US senator Moynihan. Michael Pascoe use it a couple of days ago. Good artical it was too. Ahhh something about ummm a certain aaaah, slow uh talking ummmm Prime Minister

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pieter blackie View Post
    Mate I will second what Fulvio said it was below par We also never got to drink a beer together because my misses wanted to leave due to to poor rugby being played.
    You can't be serious

Last edited by westies man; 16-03-14 at 18:10.
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Champion
    vCash
    The ref we had yesterday was so far out of his depth it wasn't funny.The man had absolutely no understanding of the breakdown whatsoever and all it did was frustrate both teams.I have not seen this ref before because I suspect he is either a new arrival or hides down in the schoolboys div.Surely if clubs are going to make the effort to front up for a preseason hitout the Refs Ass would reciprocrate with a decent 1st grade ref.Before anyone goes all feral with the comments I challenge you to find another post where I bag the refs but this guy was terrible although the new ref in the second half was better.

Last edited by westies man; 17-03-14 at 04:31.

vCash
    The ref we had yesterday was so far out of his depth it wasn't funny.The man had absolutely no understanding of the breakdown whatsoever and all it did was frustrate both teams.I have not seen this ref before because I suspect he is either a new arrival or hides down in the schoolboys div.Surely if clubs are going to make the effort to front up for a preseason hitout the Refs Ass would reciprocrate with a decent 1st grade ref.Before anyone goes all feral with the comments I challenge you to find another post where I bag the refs but this guy was terrible although the new ref in the second half was better.
    I can vouch for Westie on this one, I was down at Cott watching and it was pretty poor. In regards to the rugby being played it was of an average standard, both teams had a lot of first grade players missing but those that played did give it a decent nudge. Good to see quite a lot of youth coming through for both teams, I'm sure some vital experience was gained. Some very unfortunate injuries though not what you want to see in a pre season match

Rookie
    vCash
    Have to agree 're the refs, I know they need exposure to higher grades but they where some way off senior level refs. That said, the rugby was willing if not pretty to watch. Good to see the young wests centre back in action, and cott look to have picked up one or two decent players.. although both teams looked unrecognizable from last year so I'd be surprised if there where not a fair few to come in.

vCash
    Yeah, these things happen.

Just like players we have to blood refs too, difference is we have to wait to the end of that period to take them off and discuss what they did well & not. I'm sure whoever it was will take some lessons from it.

WARURA Referee
    I do it because I love the game.

vCash
    We played an intra club game (4th and 5th grades) down at Paly on Saturday, the game only ended up being 12 vs 12 but I thought it was great to have a ref come down and give his time to help us work on a few things

Champion
    vCash
    Goony you are going to have to change your Avatar, you can even copy my one for a corona or two

vCash
    Goony you are going to have to change your Avatar, you can even copy my one for a corona or two
    Haha I would have joined you for a Corona or two at the bowls club if it wasn't for BA's broken ankle!!!

vCash
    We played Rocky at Stratton. Rocky basically had about 25 players from 4th to 2nd grade standard. The 1st two periods were evenly split in a mistake fest mainly due to Kala missing some players. In the last 2 periods we put some prems playeers out there and put about 10 tries on them in little over 50mins. Same situation as last week v nedlands, hard to gauge where we are at with so many players missing especially from Rocky. Refs were fine they stuck to the game management guidelines like they were supposed to so no complaints.

There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count and those that can't

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast