Thread: Fans sue over beer scam

vCash

Fans sue over beer scam

FANS are suing the owners of an American stadium after discovering that small and large beer cups at the venue hold exactly the same amount of liquid.

You can buy two different sized beers at CenturyLink Arena in Boise, Idaho — the $7 “large” beer and a $4 “small” beer.

But Brady Peck, Michele Bonds and William and Brittany Graham, fans of the Idaho Steelheads hockey team, have gone to court claiming that the amount of alcohol in both cups is the same and they have been ripped off every time they ordered the large beer.

The “large” beer is served in a tall, narrow cup, whereas the “small” cup is shorter yet wider.

In the lawsuit lodged in the Fourth Judicial District Court, Boise, against the arena’s owner, Block 22 LLC, Peck claims he went to at least 30 events over the past three years at the arena, including a hockey game on March 5, and that he’s purchased beer each time. The other three plaintiffs say they have been attending sporting events at the venue for five years and that they bought at least one large $7 beer at each event.

“While different shapes, both cup sizes hold substantially the same amount of liquid and are not large versus small in actual capacity,” the group’s attorney, Wyatt Johnson, wrote in the lawsuit. “Defendants knowingly sold each of their beers in a similar manner at each event held at the arena where beer was sold for at least the last five years.”

The fans are seeking $10,000 in damages for being allegedly ripped off.

Arena spokesman Mike Campbell said he had not yet seen the lawsuit and could not comment.

The lawsuit came just two days after another hockey fan posted a video on YouTube of what the fan said was a beer purchased at CenturyLink Arena on March 8. That video shows a patron holding a large cup of beer and pouring it into an empty small cup. In both cups, the beer reaches nearly to the brim.

Gwen Gibbs, who posted the video, told the Idaho Statesman that she was annoyed when she saw her boyfriend, Heath Forsey, pour the large beer into the smaller cup and so decided to upload the video.

At the time, Eric Trapp, the president of the Idaho Steelheads hockey team and CenturyLink Arena, wrote on the team’s Facebook page that the company had ordered 16-ounce and 20-ounce cups and never intended to mislead customers.

“It’s amazing what can be done with one little video and the power of social media,” Gibbs told the newspaper, joking that she hoped CenturyLink would rename the 24-ounce cups the “Heath and Gwen size.”

CenturyLink Arena hosts concerts and other events as well as being home to the Idaho Stampede, an NBA development league.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/more-sp...-1226854438394

There is a video over at the above link as well

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    We have a suite at Perth Arena and we are allowed to drink from glassware inside our suite, but must pour into plastic cups when we sit in the seats outside the suite and watch an event. I purchased some acrylic cups to use outside the suite and was initially told by the Arena we could not use them because they were not a standard size (bigger than the 330ml bottles of beer that are poured into them). After explaining to them that we could only drink what the waitress pours in and it wouldn't matter if we were drinking from buckets, we could still only drink what is poured in. Eventually they saw my point, but insisted they would not fill glasses to the top!!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    So this suite you have at the Arena..... ;-D

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Wonder if you can sue a venue for selling slop that tastes like dregs. All the signs are misleading. They say it's beer.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David