Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Foley sticks with winning side

vCash
    I'd have to agree Drew. The only position where I think the Force A have put in a surprising challenge for firsts is at 13 I wonder whether CTM is better than Junior. Of course, there's nothing to compare them on directly, but CTM has looked bloody good in the games I've seen (yes, admittedly not even close to SR standard) whereas Junior hasn't thrilled me out of my pants at any level yet (Except that one run and offload where he made Higgers look silly ;-)

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Statistics can say strange things. The overall picture is that close to 80% of the NZ population lives in the N Island. So the stat that 90 % of NZ Maori live there is not a big surprise.
    I'm referring to the supporter base of the Franchises we experience the most bogan crowd behaviour from ie, Chiefs and as you said, Auckland to a lesser extent (baring Sader's streakers..) The correlation is that according to that google search, 60% of NZs Bros come from those Franchise provinces. Check the crowd demographic in two weeks time.

Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    .. The Canes crowds have been not too bad.Canterbury/Otago OK too.
    12% in Wellington, Canterbury/Otago less than 10%

vCash
    when it comes to 'winning' teams from EnZed the province doesn't matter.
    If they win there will be a million and one insecure kiwis in attendance to show that "Kiwi's are better than convicts bro".

Most insecure nation on earth.
    I have no problem with the all blacks being the best rugby team on the planet. They are and they deserve to be. Just stop shoving it down my throat everytime I open my mouth to say, well, anything really.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    I am still searching for some mongrel in our front row. Where are the cold in your face stares, a shove on the shoulder when ref calls a reset. We need a front row with enough agro to force a ref to chat to them 2 or 3 times - not too much to get a card or penalty, maybe enough in the midfield to get a short arm, I want to see forwards with a scary bloodthirsty appearance. Every time I see a reset or a little chat from the ref, our boys bow their heads and look at their feet.

It is no longer a game - it's a battle, it's war, it's your life. No need to be mister nice guy, your bind need not be on the other guy's jersey, bind on his muscle, squeeze your hand into his side and grab some meat.

Junior - FFS - when you get a ball passed to you, take it at pace and run, stop kinda looking up to where the space or opponents are, just run straight a la honey badger.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    Although he shows a lot of potential I'm struggling to understand the support for Marcel Brache on what we've seen to date.

In both trial game he had no impact with mistakes almost every time he touched the ball.

Maybe he's just trying too hard but doesn't warrant being in the run-on XV.

Cummins and Morahan on the wings and Hayward at FB still looks like our best combination.

But....we still have a problem at 13! C'mon Junior - show us what you've got ALL the time instead of only glimpses.
    Brache put in some good tackles in the trial games, and was originally listed as a centre rather than a wing, so I'd hazard that he's more like Ben Jacobs - adds steel to the defense but little go forward (that I've seen). Useful replacement if you know you are ahead and want to protect a lead; but when can you say that that's what'll happen in a Super Rugby match when the teams are announced. (Can cover for a number of positions, too!)

The coaches see more of the players than we do, so maybe he trains the place down during the week but hasn't had his chance to shine come matchday.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Veteran
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post
    I am still searching for some mongrel in our front row. Where are the cold in your face stares, a shove on the shoulder when ref calls a reset. We need a front row with enough agro to force a ref to chat to them 2 or 3 times - not too much to get a card or penalty, maybe enough in the midfield to get a short arm, I want to see forwards with a scary bloodthirsty appearance. Every time I see a reset or a little chat from the ref, our boys bow their heads and look at their feet.

It is no longer a game - it's a battle, it's war, it's your life. No need to be mister nice guy, your bind need not be on the other guy's jersey, bind on his muscle, squeeze your hand into his side and grab some meat.

Junior - FFS - when you get a ball passed to you, take it at pace and run, stop kinda looking up to where the space or opponents are, just run straight a la honey badger.
    the thumbs was for the Junior quote in particular!

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    off to Dunedin tomorrow---look for the lone Force supporter in the stands
    if we are getting hammered by halftime I might go & join the mob in the Zoo!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Enjoy Gunny...fly the flag Bro!!

vCash
    Safe flight, and enjoy Gunny!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WFDS View Post
    Why on earth would you bench Cottrell Pieter? Thought he was up there with Benny Mac for MOM last week.

Think Junior did enough to have another crack too... Mozza has to stay on the wing... offered way too much there to move him. Only position that needs looking at would be 13, but like I said Junior deserves one more go.
    Couldn't agree more. Gus Cottrell was excellent, and Junior has some good flashes (that offload for Cottrell's try was fantastic). And Wykes had the best game he's had in a LONG while. I would say that, conversely, Steenkamp hasn't really shown much for a big fella. And K-Bomb was in the Top 5 of all Aussies in tackles. http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/sta...rugby-round-4/

Don't change a thing, for mine.

vCash
    Steenkamp has been calling the lineouts when he's on.......and doing a bloody good job of it IMHO.

All of a sudden, the decision of which locks to pick becomes hard!

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    which locks to pick
    I see what I did there

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Steenkamp has been calling the lineouts when he's on.......and doing a bloody good job of it IMHO.

All of a sudden, the decision of which locks to pick becomes hard!
    I like to see the stats on our lineouts so far in comparison to last season. Our lineout was pretty sh$te last season and it has been much more stable and a genuine option for us in comparison to the dross served up last year. Steenkamp is the obvious difference.

He plays the game much tighter IMHO, a distinctly south african trait perhaps, but I think his continual aggression towards Higginbotham at the breakdown was a major cause of him having such a quiet game.

I think Steenkamp through his calling of the lineout should always be selected and then the other lock position rotated between MMM (if fit) and wykes/coleman.

Wykes had one of his better games last weekend, but still, again IMHO, did not outshine Coleman. Coleman also had a great steal at the back of the lineout, would like to see more of him.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3