Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: SUPER RUGBY – WEEK 4: WESTERN FORCE V REBELS

vCash
    The bloke (Brynard Stander) is built like a brick sh1t house.
    I like this influx of really 'ard South Africans from South African provincial youth teams
    It beats the z-grade bogan kiwis we have been recruiting for nearly a decade
    It's about time they started mining that rich gold mine.
    Rivers of gold run from the playing fields of South Africa.......and they come with good manners............and hot women.....and a rich rugby pedigree........and a desire to make Perth home.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Controversy corner

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Geez Rex,I think Im going to talk to Ralph

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Is he the owner of Casey's?

Controversy corner

Senior Player
    vCash
    Sensational win for Hodgson, hopefully this gives them the confidence they need to carry through the season.

What about a suggestion 1 bonus point for 4 tries, 2 Bonus points for 8 tries?
    That will stop a team shutting up shop and grinding out the win?

And what is Greg Martin talking about when he says there is no such thing as a double movement in rugby union. If the guys body is down he can reach out and place the ball but if he instead propels himself forward again then that is a double movement and no try, as correctly judged by the ref I thought?

Player
    vCash
    Great win and well done Hodgo on a great 100 caps for the Force. That is the standard for all games. Play like that and you will beat anyone. The defensive game was enormous...I can't wait to watch a replay and see what I missed at the game.

Would like to have seen a couple more trys in the second half but undertand you were tired from KICKING ASS!

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Excellent first half, took the foot off the peddle a bit in the second half!... But a great performance for hodgos 100 th....

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Hey Gunny - did you win the signed ball after the match??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha Handy View Post
    Sensational win for Hodgson, hopefully this gives them the confidence they need to carry through the season.

What about a suggestion 1 bonus point for 4 tries, 2 Bonus points for 8 tries?
    That will stop a team shutting up shop and grinding out the win?

And what is Greg Martin talking about when he says there is no such thing as a double movement in rugby union. If the guys body is down he can reach out and place the ball but if he instead propels himself forward again then that is a double movement and no try, as correctly judged by the ref I thought?
    Greg Martin is a tooooooooool

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

vCash
    Bloody fantastic win by the boys. After seeing the piece in the West today where sharpie was quoted as asking fans to keep the faith and saying Foley was under pressure I thought - are things really that bad??? With a win like that from a champion team rather than a team of champions I think we're on our way! And all those east coast types can take a hike! I have faith!! #Belong

vCash
    Awesome win. Great intensity in the 1st half, moved the ball well & more importantly won the contact. Piggies were awesome. Benny Mac... Hard as f@ck. Cottrell, superb.

Think we've just about got the best starting 15 sorted, still one or two positions need to come up with the goods for the faith shown in them.

How good was Mozza? such a good player. Always in there looking for the ball & tough in defence. Can't believe brain dead dick let him go..... Cheers Dick!

Stander is another good pick up.

Watched the game when I got home and was very interested to hear Alby say that the first half performance was what they had been working at in the pre season. Encouraging.

Good progress. Would have really liked to have seen them convert opportunities in the 2nd half. Think they shut the Rebels down well though.

Very naive from the Rebels coach to fudge with his winning line up from last week. From what I read the Rebels were taking this game very seriously... So why all the changes from them?

Saw Foley after the game. Looked like he'd been sleeping with a coat hanger in his mouth for a week

Well done fellas. Congrats Hodgo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WFDS View Post
    Greg Martin is a tooooooooool
    Was all I could do to stop myself abusing him when they were doing their Foxsports shit on pitch in the corner pre game.

Had visions of myself yelling something along the lines of "f@ck off back Qld you c@cksmoker"

However, my 7yo was with me.... damn kids

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Saw Gigs n Mini Gigs on the replay after Albys try.

Still can't believe that first 30 minutes even after watching replay!

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha Handy View Post
    There is a law pertaining to this situation, but it is not officially called a double movement. A tackler player may play/place the ball once, immediately after being tackled. If they continue to hold the ball while another team is competing for it that would be a penalty for not releasing. If the play/place the ball and then play/place the ball a second time (e.g. go for the try-line, come short and go a second time), they should be penalised for handling the ball in the ruck. This is essentially a double movement- playing the ball twice. I missed the first half of today's game, so I can't comment on the specifics of the Inman call.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nipper View Post
    I have been a big fan of Junior's, but he hasn't been bringing anything to the table. He can be a more bullocking runner, but he's jsut not doing it. Could be the service he's getting - I don't know. Perhaps more suited to the wing?

Also, it's been said elsewhere on the boards that Alby hasn't been his normal self, and I'd have to agree with that. Things sparked up when Prior came on, but that was against a tiring defense.
    Well, I guess Alby and Junior must read TWF - both were outstanding!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nipper View Post
    Well, I guess Alby and Junior must read TWF - both were outstanding!
    I must admit that at the game I said to Mrs Snob that Junior hadn't done much but when watching the replay when we got home I realised he may not have been seen but what a great job he did this week. Let's hope he keeps it up and they keep him in the same positio next week.

May the FORCE be with you!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast