Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Wallaby Pocock's scans inconclusive

vCash
    Poey will end up a Polly sooner rather than later. Feel bloody sorry for the poor guy. Real bad luck.
    I hope he comes back but hopefully he will listen to his surgeon then make a decision.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Pretty devastating news. Gotta feel for the bloke and hope his spirits don't sink too low over the next little while.

I'm curious to know whether he went LARS or conventional last time. He asked to have it kept quiet. I know with increasing developments in LARS recons they are getting better. But for a while there it was clear that LARS surgeries were not really suited to very high impact and stress situations.
    And the flipside is, what has he gone this time?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Looking at it from a purely force perspective, it was a good thing pocock leaving when he did.

When did we last a get a full season from him? Brumbies must be peeved one of their most high profile signings has hardly played for them.

I know this is the case with all rugby players with diet plans, proteins shakes, supplements, gym etc. but Pocock's body shape is so unnatural. His upper body is obviously the result of years of training in the gym, which his joints and ligaments can no longer sustain.

Would have to think that he will always have some injury cloud, difficulties in training or, when he does play, have only 40 minutes in him, another cliffy palu. I think his days at the very top of the rugby tree are over.

Feel very sorry for the bloke as he is a genuinely nice guy, but time has prematurely caught up with his body.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Herbasimplex; 06-03-14 at 08:03.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GAFFA View Post
    Just confirmed on twitter by the Brumbies Poey has tonight gone under the knife again and is out for the rest of the season.

Got to feel for the bloke dare I say it the curse of the Force has hit him hard...
    I just received some texts to this effect... Hmmm Curse of the Force...?? Maybe???

vCash
    After years of abuse as an Australian Powerlifter Mr Hertryk's knees are b%$#@! He's just had keyhole surgery, but the surgeon told him it won't be enough to repair the damage he's done.. and his other knee requires the same..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    I'm curious to know whether he went LARS or conventional last time. He asked to have it kept quiet. I know with increasing developments in LARS recons they are getting better. But for a while there it was clear that LARS surgeries were not really suited to very high impact and stress situations.
    Given the amount of time he was out of the game I would bet he went the conventional surgery

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2