Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Exiles Conspiracy Theory #13123

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash

Exiles Conspiracy Theory #13123

I am back again with another whacky theory out of left field.

Bear with me - this could take some explaining.

Last year the Western Force Administration in its wisdom held meetings with members and fans of the Western Force and one of the overwhelming messages to come from these meetings was that the members and the fans wanted to see more Western Australians born and bred amid the Western Force playing squad.

Since this meeting Michael Foley and staff have actively recruited Western Australian born and bred (or just bred) players and to their credit there are now more WA born and bred players in the Force squad then in any other time in history.

Here is where I take a left turn.

Has the recruitment of locals come to the detriment of success?

Are the Western Australians we have in our playing squad the best in the positions?

Has the Western Force Administrators put a local playing quota on the coaching staff in an attempt to appease the Force fans and members?

I ask these questions based on the performance of Zac Holmes compared to Sias Ebersohn. The dynamic of the Force performance seemed to change once Ebersohn took the field.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    One thing that seems apparent is that we are doing no worse with a significant WA compliment. So over all I would say we are now in a better position.

#WestIsBest

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

Player
    vCash
    Its an interesting theory and I wouldn't be surprised if its true in some form.

But the premise it is based on may be a bit faulty. Who would have predicted Sias would play as he did, a running 10. It was almost completely out of character. There were hints in the trials he was trying to but certainly nothing like Saturday.

vCash
    Fair suck of the sauce bottle, cob. Sias was given quite a few try outs last season and didn't show a hell of a lot of attacking flair. Hardly ever threatened the line. One stint against a side that had shut up shop doesn't make an attacking 10. If the splinters in his arse sting him into action, all's good.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    I think we need to give zach a bit of slack I think the main reason Sias looked good on sat was Ian Prior.

Alby has been poor in the first 2 games and sias lit up in he last 20mins when Prior came on. I'm hoping zach is given another shot this week outside his old training buddy prior

“Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Fair suck of the sauce bottle, cob. Sias was given quite a few try outs last season and didn't show a hell of a lot of attacking flair. Hardly ever threatened the line. One stint against a side that had shut up shop doesn't make an attacking 10. If the splinters in his arse sting him into action, all's good.
    Lets be fair here mate- I dont get to go to matches live nor Do I get to see training sessions or trial matches. I get to watch (occasionally) Foxsports coverage. including the bad commentary.

What I do get to do - is support my state and my Western Force from the other side of the country no matter what they do on and off the field.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Haven't seen the latest match, but if Zach didn't go to well it doesn't surprise me.
    One player who knows how fifteen past teammates play can't compete with fifteen players who know how one of their previous years flyhalves plays.
    The creation of the Force was in part with a mandate to improve the depth and talent in WA, that isn't going to happen by just attending Squad training sessions.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    I see where you are coming from Ex, but I don't know if I agree. We are only starting three WA players- Godwin, Holmes and Longbottom. You can't criticise Godwin's contribution. Longbottom has been okay he's come up against some very good front rows, although I am a bit concerned as to why Salesi Manu went from very promising to very much on the outer. Injury? Lack of form/fitness? Conflict with coach?

Holmes hasn't been that good, his passing has been pretty bad. But our forward pack has been comprehensively outplayed for much of that time. On some level it also comes down to the quality of our running options. There was a great moment in the second half where Hayward burst through a gap because he ran onto the ball in space. We were static in attack and static in defence. I think if we lose this weekend, we should change our focus from winning at any cost into focusing on expansive, fast attack (if not effective). We have been conservative for far too long. Don't forget that Sias Ebersohn was pretty average for the first half of last season.

It was really interesting seeing Sam Wykes yakking at a couple of the scrums. It made me wonder if that was an illness thing or a fitness thing or what.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post

It was really interesting seeing Sam Wykes yakking at a couple of the scrums. It made me wonder if that was an illness thing or a fitness thing or what.
    I believe from Sharpies commentary on Fox its a common thing. He said he often had Sam splash his boots in the scrum.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Ironic really cos I'm sick of his lack of effort

Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    I believe from Sharpies commentary on Fox its a common thing.
    That was an interesting comment, he said it in a very matter-of-fact manner too. The co-commentators were a little taken aback.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    I think we're yet to see the best of Zac.

He must feel a lot of pressure coming back to his home state & shoulder the expectation people have put on him. I can't remember seeing any pre-season comments from anyone on here that stated any reservations.

I can certainly remember everyone bagging the management for letting him slip through the net when he debuted at the cake tin & steered the Brumbies around when they stuffed the 'Canes at home after Lealiifano destroyed his ankle

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spor...1226360653723#

I can also remember Kyle Godwin not having a great start to last season.... looked what happened

Lets give young Zac a go. Fair enough he's not been outstanding so far.... but apart from Benny Mac... who has?

Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

vCash
    The answer to your theory is likely to be in the team list in the near future Ex.

Let's remember we have ALL been calling for Sias to ride pine for several months now, one attacking run does not a summer make, however Zack has not exactly lived up to the expectation this season and I expect it won't be too much longer before answers are desperately sought.

Personally, I don't think any 10 in the world could have done much with the entire team essentially running away from contact like they did on Saturday, but expect some sort of a change this week, Sias for Zack is probably the easiest to pick given the difference between them last week, but might not be the one.

As James said, Ian Prior for Alby might be the go....or perhaps something to shock the forwards into action......I suspect this is the week that something will be done to stop the rot.

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    Last year the Western Force Administration in its wisdom held meetings with members and fans of the Western Force and one of the overwhelming messages to come from these meetings was that the members and the fans wanted to see more Western Australians born and bred amid the Western Force playing squad.

Since this meeting Michael Foley and staff have actively recruited Western Australian born and bred (or just bred) players and to their credit there are now more WA born and bred players in the Force squad then in any other time in history.
    The increased emphasis on local players did not come from the fan forums - it was already happening before that.

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GAFFA View Post
    I think we need to give zach a bit of slack I think the main reason Sias looked good on sat was Ian Prior.

Alby has been poor in the first 2 games and sias lit up in he last 20mins when Prior came on. I'm hoping zach is given another shot this week outside his old training buddy prior
    Agree 100% . Alby has been really disappointing. Hope Ian Prior starts this week.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast